Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Next time someone calls you a chicken ...

91 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

22,864
[HINON]
Supertester
19,196 posts
12,716 battles

... remind them that chickens are proud and majestic, brutal hunters, descended from Dinosaurs.

WRSzMRR.gif

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 18
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24
[PRU]
Members
111 posts
4,272 battles

Kill-secure, that varmint was still dangerous.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,102
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,834 posts
4,724 battles

Perfectly sums up me in a cruiser fighting battleships:

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
328
[RKN]
Beta Testers
998 posts
9,009 battles
15 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Did that bird just kill steal?

Even worse, meal steal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
278
[CVA16]
Members
2,276 posts
9,859 battles

Dr_Venture. The dog is obviously trying to play with critters that do not play. Guess that's about right, BBs don't like to play either.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
27 minutes ago, Lert said:

... remind them that chickens are proud and majestic, brutal hunters, descended from Dinosaurs.

WRSzMRR.gif

or its hungrier than the cat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles

About a decade ago they discovered soft tissue inside the fossilized leg of a T-Rex. There were blood vessels, blood cells, Colligan, etc. When comparing the Colligan to modern animals they found it was most similar to chickens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,864
[HINON]
Supertester
19,196 posts
12,716 battles
5 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

About a decade ago they discovered soft tissue inside the fossilized leg of a T-Rex. There were blood vessels, blood cells, Colligan, etc. When comparing the Colligan to modern animals they found it was most similar to chickens. 

That didn't surprise me in the least when I heard about it. I mean, various Raptor species with actual feathers, the skeletal similarities between the big meat eaters, the small ones and modern birds ...

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[-BSS-]
Members
484 posts
2,927 battles
5 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

About a decade ago they discovered soft tissue inside the fossilized leg of a T-Rex. There were blood vessels, blood cells, Colligan, etc. When comparing the Colligan to modern animals they found it was most similar to chickens. 

No DNA though, that only lasts for 1.5 million years, although I could see fossilized soft structures, like blood vessels, but I am suspicious of blood cells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles
Just now, Lert said:

That didn't surprise me in the least when I heard about it. I mean, various Raptor species with actual feathers, the skeletal similarities between the big meat eaters, the small ones and modern birds ...

Have you seen where some scientists are manipulating the chickens DNA to create a modern dinosaur? They are manipulating the genes to make it have a tail. Pretty scary when you think about it. It reminds me of all those classic movies about the mad scientists lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
179
[-DPF-]
Members
769 posts
8,214 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

That didn't surprise me in the least when I heard about it. I mean, various Raptor species with actual feathers, the skeletal similarities between the big meat eaters, the small ones and modern birds ...

Do you suppose that this is why the T-Tex in Jurassic Park was so PO’d, because we have been chowing down on its ancestors?! :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles
2 minutes ago, GabeTheDespot said:

No DNA though, that only lasts for 1.5 million years, although I could see fossilized soft structures, like blood vessels, but I am suspicious of blood cells.

Nope, it was perfectly preserved SOFT TISSUE, they were able to recover fragments of the T-Rex's DNA. It was totally by accident as well. They were closing up the dig site for the winter. They wanted to get parts back to the lab. The leg bone would not fit in the chopper so they cut it in half. When they got back and examined the leg they discovered perfectly preserved soft tissue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,864
[HINON]
Supertester
19,196 posts
12,716 battles
2 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Have you seen where some scientists are manipulating the chickens DNA to create a modern dinosaur? They are manipulating the genes to make it have a tail.

Yeah, but, chicken + tail =/= Dinosaur. It's just a chicken with a tail.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
972
Members
4,545 posts
6,439 battles

Ever been flogged and nailed with a MAD roosters spurs?  I have. As a kid on the farm.  Not a fun experience.

"Farm living is the life for me!" But that was years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,864
[HINON]
Supertester
19,196 posts
12,716 battles
1 minute ago, Nhi_Vanye said:

Do you suppose that this is why the T-Tex in Jurassic Park was so PO’d, because we have been chowing down on its ancestors?! :Smile_hiding:

No, he was PO'd because that was the way he was written in the script.

Also, the T-rex is the chicken's ancestor, the chickens are its descendants. Ancestor -> descendant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Yeah, but, chicken + tail =/= Dinosaur. It's just a chicken with a tail.

roflmao, they are working on other things like the teeth, the scientist claims all the genetic information to create a living dinosaur is encoded into the chickens DNA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,864
[HINON]
Supertester
19,196 posts
12,716 battles
Just now, Belthorian said:

roflmao, they are working on other things like the teeth, the scientist claims all the genetic information to create a living dinosaur is encoded into the chickens DNA. 

Meh, similar issue stands. It's like if you used WWII era technology, tools and machines to build a Tiger tank, according to the original schematics. You'd still only end up with a replica, albeit a very accurate one.

Personally I believe that they're doing all that fudging with chicken DNA to proof-of-concept various theories and technologies, rather than "Lets make a dinosaur, wheeee!"

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

No, it was PO'd because that was the way he was written in the script.

It is funny how our depiction of dinosaurs has changed as our knowledge increases. When I was a kid T-Rex was displayed standing fully upright, dragging its tail. In movies they were always shown as fat, slow creatures, nothing like what we believe them to be like today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
972
Members
4,545 posts
6,439 battles
Just now, Belthorian said:

It is funny how our depiction of dinosaurs has changed as our knowledge increases. When I was a kid T-Rex was displayed standing fully upright, dragging its tail. In movies they were always shown as fat, slow creatures, nothing like what we believe them to be like today.

Chicago museum has a beauty of a T-Rex. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,864
[HINON]
Supertester
19,196 posts
12,716 battles
2 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

It is funny how our depiction of dinosaurs has changed as our knowledge increases. When I was a kid T-Rex was displayed standing fully upright, dragging its tail. In movies they were always shown as fat, slow creatures, nothing like what we believe them to be like today.

IKR? All the books I read when I was young are now totally outdated and wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Meh, similar issue stands. It's like if you used WWII era technology, tools and machines to build a Tiger tank, according to the original schematics. You'd still only end up with a replica, albeit a very accurate one.

Personally I believe that they're doing all that fudging with chicken DNA to proof-of-concept various theories and technologies, rather than "Lets make a dinosaur, wheeee!"

An interesting philosophical debate, if you built a Tiger with the same materials, tools, and techniques......would it be a replica or would it be a Tiger tank. Personally, I think it would be a Tiger tank. For me, a replica would be a machine that LOOKS like a Tiger Tank but is not built the same way, like using a modern engine and electronics.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,827 battles
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Chicago museum has a beauty of a T-Rex. 

Isn't it Sue that is on display......yes I am a dinosaur geek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
335
[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles

So I'ved been feasting on fired, baked, BBQ'd and rotiseried  Dino all this time?  Cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×