You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
M8i

Why should I get a team killer status for leaving a battle early?

35 comments in this topic

Members
25 posts
1,879 battles

I know I would get destroyed by any ship if I had only 20 HP so why should I get in trouble for leaving?

• Bad 10

Members
9,958 posts
3 minutes ago, M8i said:

I know I would get destroyed by any ship if I had only 20 HP so why should I get in trouble for leaving?

Because even pirates have rules?:cap_hmm:

• Cool 2

[LHG]
Members
1,648 posts
4,917 battles

You don't get teamkiller status for this, you get a pink ship for abandoning the battle while you still have a ship that's not pretending to be a submarine.  You're considered an AFK player and you will be punished for this each and every time you do it. If you do it enough, you'll get yourself banished to Co-Op mode until you stop. 

This was implemented during the last update and was long overdue. Glad WG took some action to deter people such as yourself for this kind of behavior. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel
  • Cool 4

[CK5]
Members
802 posts
6,530 battles

You think it is OK to leave early with 20 hp left.  How about 30 hp? or 130 hp? or 500 hp?  The penalty is there to prevent players from hurting their team by bailing out on a match.  Unfortunately, the penalty cannot also build character.  

• Cool 3

[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,789 battles

The guns of a ship with 1%HP are as effective as those of a ship with 100% HP. In some cases (adrenaline rush) your guns are more effective.

• Cool 1

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,320 battles

Even on low HP you might get off a lucky salvo or two and change the out come of the battle. Maybe even just capturing a point.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
3 hours ago, M8i said:

To quote John Paul Jones -  "I have not yet begun to fight!"

One of the reasons this came about, if because players doing this. So (with all due respect) in a way it is your fault and players like you.

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,236 posts
4,801 battles
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Quitting? Dastardly. :Smile_sceptic:

Here here Sir! :cap_like:

[HINON]
Supertester
19,189 posts
12,700 battles

By leaving the battle early you are depriving your team of a potentially useful ship (though in some player's cases that potential use is marginal) just like you would if you teamkilled a teammate.

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
39 minutes ago, M8i said:

Because you are being an [edited]and ditching your team. Even with only 20 hp you can fight and play. So you deserve to be punished for leaving for no reason.

Members
6,903 posts
7,508 battles

I've survived battles with under 5HP. You bailed on your team, you got what you earned for doing it.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
44 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Because even pirates have rules?:cap_hmm:

GREAT comeback! (You get a cookie!)

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,233 battles

I was 55 hp in a T5 DD and got three kills, that's why or watch the mighty jingles , there is a video on a DD who got a Kraken with a tad over 100.

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts

This explains a great deal. I typically exit a battle whenever my team falls 6 ships behind. I then figure it's a lost cause so why not move onto the next battle?

:cap_haloween:

• Bad 4

[WAG]
Members
391 posts
7,471 battles

Just staying alive by hiding can bring about a win. Remember, your ship is worth points to the enemy, and the flip in points between staying alive by actively hiding, and getting destroyed because you were AFK can mean the difference between winning and losing.

I almost got a solo warrior the other day while being a one shot kill target, only due to the enemy teams having three ships. We were up three caps to one, and despite the ship advantage, we were up on points. I ran and hid, and won the game for my team. If I had gone AFK once I was down to minimal health, my team would have lost.

[PVE]
Members
1,603 posts
6,754 battles

With only 20 hit points left until dead, I can do a lot of damage to enemy ships before becoming dead. Sometimes every bit of damage that you can do to the enemy counts and is a deciding factor in the outcome of a match.

[WAG]
Members
391 posts
7,471 battles
5 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

This explains a great deal. I typically exit a battle whenever my team falls 6 ships behind. I then figure it's a lost cause so why not move onto the next battle?

:cap_haloween:

It's never over until its over. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,189 posts
12,700 battles
45 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

so why not move onto the next battle?

Because by staying and fighting until your last hitpoint is spent you get more chance to do damage, thus more XP and credits?

I mean, if you're that dead set on not fighting, at the very least drive straight at the enemy and do some spotting and be of use that way, and after that thoroughly ask yourself if you really want to press battle on the next ship, if you're only willing to play when things are going your way.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[O_O]
Members
4,397 posts
9,515 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I typically exit a battle whenever my team falls 6 ships behind. I then figure it's a lost cause so why not move onto the next battle?

You are ensuring you never witness an epic come-from-behind win.  Pity.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,397 posts
9,515 battles
8 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

It's a joke.

:Smile_teethhappy:

The ":cap_haloween:" made me suspect that, but I wasn't sure.