You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Pink - How you doin so far?

86 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Just managed to go pink in coop. Yes, coop. Chasing the stupid 3 german 3 japanese mission. Fighting a bismarck alone, 8km torps... torps away broadside... meanwhile yes, very low health ship cuts in behind the bismarck (apparently going for the kill) then kites away right in the path of the remaining torps. Yes, sank the bismarck. I watched him sail away, clear of torps, he didn't need to do anything but slow down but no, rudder shift, eats one in the stern, sinks. My fault of course, always is when you go pink, right? 

So been there done that now. My penalty is no damage for 2 games. I believe that's the least amount of a warning you can get, yes? 

Also curious as to how others are doing under the newly revised system - any complaints or suggestions? tiafyc

• Cool 1

Members
142 posts
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Just managed to go pink in coop. Yes, coop. Chasing the stupid 3 german 3 japanese mission. Fighting a bismarck alone, 8km torps... torps away broadside... meanwhile yes, very low health ship cuts in behind the bismarck (apparently going for the kill) then kites away right in the path of the remaining torps. Yes, sank the bismarck. I watched him sail away, clear of torps, he didn't need to do anything but slow down but no, rudder shift, eats one in the stern, sinks. My fault of course, always is when you go pink, right? 

So been there done that now. My penalty is no damage for 2 games. I believe that's the least amount of a warning you can get, yes? 

Also curious as to how others are doing under the newly revised system - any complaints or suggestions? tiafyc

I think it's a little over sensitive and encourages trolling, but no major complaints, myself.

You just have to reevaluate the former stigma of pink now. It used to mean pretty blatant teamkiller, now not so much.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

It's true what you say. This is not a troll. Things happen. I wonder how folks feel about the new system. It seems the notification process is better, more clearly stating what has happened. So that's an improvement (even though you always knew what happened when it happened but not totally agreeing with it). 

So Orange is now the new Pink? 

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Also achieved the Pink status today, by doing a whopping 1500 damage without killing.

Though the team damage was calculated so it didnt really matter. I was also pink for 2 games. :)

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles

Running clean, no pink for AFK and no pink for team damage.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
  • Don't touch, don't hit, no problem
  • Tough, hit, pink, reflection on your actions

Nothing to it,

• Bad 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,597 battles

I landed a torp on a friendly after penalty changes and got two games of pink.

No other incidents so far :Smile_honoring:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Just managed to go pink in coop. Yes, coop.

I see your luck is working just like it always does; at least you've kept your positive attitude and are honest abut you being at fault. This alone puts you head and shoulders above most "PINK" posts. PLUS 1 to you, Amigo!

• Boring 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,176 posts
11,693 battles

I never really felt there was a stigma being pink.  if it happens, it happens.  I will move on.  I happen to enjoy co-op play from time to time, so I don't consider it jail.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

I never really felt there was a stigma being pink.  if it happens, it happens.  I will move on.  I happen to enjoy co-op play from time to time, so I don't consider it jail.

The worst thing about being pink, in my opinion, are the VERY few players who think it is their responsibility to further punish you for your mistake, like purposely ramming you so your game doesn't count, etc. Thankfully, they are a very small minority.

• Cool 3

[BLHK]
Members
336 posts
3,437 battles

Fingers crossed, so far so good. No pink for me.

I did eat a brace of friendly torps though :( no apology............

[WOLF2]
Members
157 posts
4,735 battles

I turned pink for having a stray round from Graf Spee hitting a bot in co-op. 1rd, didn't kill the bot, but went pink for 2 games.

To be honest it was a close shot that I wouldn't have taken had the DD been a real player, but pink for ~1k damage o.O

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

I was pink not too long ago, because I landed two torps onto a friendly new orleans in ranked while playing Akizuki. It was a really bad decision on my part, he was very close on my left and behind me, I didn't think they would even be close but I was wrong.  Cost us the game and I feel horrible about it, but accidents happen. 

[TIMT]
Supertester
477 posts

Was teaching my buddy DD play, said set a smoke screen to your left while I torpedoes scare thus BB coming in on us.  He eats all my torpedoes by going right, I blow up in a pink fireball, he us at half health and asking what happened. 

• Cool 1

Members
9,962 posts

Got the pink tutu for one errant shell. 2 games, certainly seems far easier to get pink than before for team damage.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
143 posts
6,625 battles

I'm annoyed that the pink system is busted. Now you get pinked not for for intentional or accidental kills, but for damage of almost any kind, such as collisions with team mates, accidental damage from gunfire/torps, etc. And it's pretty draconian. In a recent battle x8 DDs were tangled up in a close range dogfight (x5 DDs per side, and 8 of us all ended up in the same part of the map), and one of my torps hits and damaged but did not kill a team mate. I did about 6K damage, and that alone sucked since he zigged when I thought he would zag, so I was at fault -- but the system literally detonated my Nicholas DD! It applied 16K in "disciplinary penalties" that killed my DD outright in the middle of the battle. So now instead of x3 DDs and a damaged DD we have x2 DDs and a damaged DD...then x2 DDs...then x1DD...then all dead. What the heck kinda system is that?? It's overkill, literally. Turn off team damage if you're so concerned about TKs that you pink so easily and apply stupid over reaction penalties.

• Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
11 minutes ago, EasyEight said:

In a recent battle x8 DDs were tangled up in a close range dogfight (x5 DDs per side, and 8 of us all ended up in the same part of the map), and one of my torps hits and damaged but did not kill a team mate. I did about 6K damage, and that alone sucked since he zigged when I thought he would zag, so I was at fault -- but the system literally detonated my Nicholas DD!

Wow that musta been pretty dang good battle up until the detonation! 

Well it seems 2 battles is the minimum punishment then. I don't like pink because you don't know where you stand in past pinkness... man there was a time 2 years ago where i got a pink, then got pinked, then got pinked... i was like freaking because it seemed no matter what I did, i bumped or shot someone. Took a while to work my way down out of that, let me tell you. 

I do think they are monitoring and adjusting, tweaking as it goes along. Somebody, somewhere is monitoring it, surely. 

cartoon-man-looking-at-computer-monitor-

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,243 battles

I got pink for torpedoing a destroyer with an "over" from a Langley TB drop. Oddly enough it also gave me teamkiller status, even though the DD not only didn't sink from my hit but lasted out the rest of the game.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,834 posts
10,605 battles
18 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

People go pink in Co-op all the time. Bots do stupid stuff as do humans like they do in PVP. I went pink the other day for team damage to a DD in my Tirpitz. On Neighbors and went up left side to A cap in support of most of our team. The bots all went there too as our DD's went there and the bots follow them. I was actually last in the line of ships going towards A. The bots were all piled up in the little island area just off the cap. As everyone was going into A, were ALL ahead of me, and I was the last in the train, I put some torps towards the bot ship cluster. The lead DD in our train then decides to do a 180 and run down right across in front of everyone and for the life of me don't know why? He never fired torps or guns. Just sailed between us and the bots back towards spawn. He also ignored my chat warning and F key get back warnings and ate 2 torps that almost killed him. I blew up because of it and went pink for 2 games.

I wasn't real happy but what can you do? It was a 100% legit and safe launch. NO ship was even close or heading that way when I sent them (most likely just after I looked the DD started the turn as I was launching). I can't control what other players do after I look and the launch is safe (appears to be)  and I tried multiple times to warn him but he either didn't see it or ignored it? In the end I launched them so I own it but it doesn't feel like it is my fault. Feels more like bad luck. :Smile_amazed: Again though, my torps = my fault so I apologized (no response to that either).

Have gone pink one other time since the new system started and that was 2 games as well. Had built up some negative ju-ju I guess because of damage caused by guns to friendly's who cut in front of me while I was sitting and firing from smoke (made a post about it). Didn't go pink from any of that but then in a later game I took a long shot at a ship and a friendly came from behind an island (they really need to change the friendly color from green to something that doesn't blend into island foliage) and went for a ram just as my shells dropped onto the enemy and it. I went pink (didn't sink the ship so it was just the damage). I assume it was a total sum that caused it and not the 1 time because it literally was ONE shell for like 1300 damage?

I don't like going pink, and I don't very often (never gone pink 2X's so close like that ^^), but I know when I do it truly is accidental and not that I am careless or doing it intentionally. 2 games goes quick. I grab Black Sawn and do my pink jail time at T1. LOL

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
415 posts
2,485 battles

I've been fine so far, but have seen a couple of bots in Co-op just...explode for no reason.

No shells or torps hit them, and the kill feed says they killed themselves.

I have no idea why that's happened in three games in the past week. Is it related to the new system, maybe ...?:Smile_amazed:

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,784 battles
1 minute ago, MajorEnglush said:

I've been fine so far, but have seen a couple of bots in Co-op just...explode for no reason.

No shells or torps hit them, and the kill feed says they killed themselves.

I have no idea why that's happened in three games in the past week. Is it related to the new system, maybe ...?:Smile_amazed:

Noob bots LOL. Wonder if they go orange ?

[FOG]
Members
328 posts
4,841 battles

I do not see why that the one who fired (either guns or torpedoes) does not simply receive the equivalent damage of the hit on the impacted ship. If that causes you to sink, well then that is the penalty for your mistake and you move on. The impacted ship though should not receive any damage.

I do object though when in a Coop match that I get hit by a bot and suffer damage, but if I hit a bot, say, through ramming, (i. e., bot runs into me) I get damage and a credit, and XP fine, when obviously WG (the bot) does not.

[FOG]
Members
328 posts
4,841 battles
15 minutes ago, Crusin_Custard said:

Noob bots LOL. Wonder if they go orange ?

I have seen many times at the end of a match that there are pink bots on the team performance list.....

• Funny 1

[ONAVY]
Members
147 posts
13,559 battles

I went pink with guns this week. Friendly CA turned into my Chapayev and rammed me broadside. We both turned away and I went back to my target and Blam! He had turned back into me and caught 6 of my shells.

Only did 6k shell dmg but then he burned for awhile and I got pinked, He never sank tho' so seems a little extreme. I had to dodge that player multiple times and it makes me wonder if it was an act of trollery.