You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
rocketdrive

Congrats cruiser/destroyer mains, you trashed the game

272 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
575 posts
1,608 battles

Finaly battleships have no armor, fire damage is LITERALY more effective than even citadels, sky cancer is still a thing, invisible ships firing invisible torpedoes crying about rendering on the enemies screen is still a thing, but RNGesus based spreads that take aiming out of the game now decide whether you even land within the same map square as your target. 

Totaly didnt call this in previous threads or anything. inb4 "baBBy" callers followed by "if you dont like getting shot play something with more concealment". 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 45
  • Angry 1

[90TH]
Members
97 posts
15,827 battles

If you don't like getting shot, play something with more concealment.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 11
  • Bad 1

[-K-]
Members
5,235 posts
9,096 battles

You do know that cruisers and destroyers have always operated in the same manner, right?  Also that fire damage is 100% repairable and that fire prevention builds are an effective counter?

Without torpedoes or HE shells, how else to you expect these classes to achieve reliable damage?

• Cool 6
  • Bad 3

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,821 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

You do know that cruisers and destroyers have always operated in the same manner, right?  Also that fire damage is 100% repairable and that fire prevention builds are an effective counter?

Without torpedoes or HE shells, how else to you expect these classes to achieve reliable damage?

As a Battleship main, I 100% disagree with the original poster. I agree that fire prevention builds do in fact work and I will add that concealment expert is a must have for battleship players. If you are just going to blaze away at max range, expect to get burned out. If you take the time to use your concealment to get in close and punish those cruisers and destroyers they don't have the opportunity to try and burn you out. I will say that making the British battleship line with such effective HE was a terrible mistake. I was fine with the HE meta from cruisers and destroyers but the Battleship HE meta has been very bad for the game. It has influenced battleship gameplay to the point I see German and American battleship players sling HE almost exclusively.

• Cool 9
  • Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Bullshite. Fire damage alone MAY be, but raw HE damage is NOT, and that shite STACKS very quickly.

You go out and try getting peppered by an unseen atlanta hiding behind an island, or a Belfast, or any of other manner of high dpm napalm dispensers, and YOU tell me how "effective" fire prevention builds really are.

Heres a hint. THEY AREN'T AS GOOD AS YOU THINK.

Its why I've all but stopped playing pvp. Its annoying, frustrating, infuriating, and I got sick and tired of having to deal with that stupidity, and then having my team yell at me for not "pushing the cap because I'm a big bad BB thats supposed to tank for my team" mean while they're all turning tail and hiding behind islands and running away, leaving me alone and unable to do jack shite against enemies I either cannot see, or fight back against.

So take your stupid, lame [edited]excuses and reasons, and shove them into a deep dark hole, and frick off.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 22

Beta Testers
575 posts
1,608 battles
11 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I expect the game mechanics to change. Instead of battleships being damage pinyata's to be farmed they should be well armored snipers with low health. Punch through with AP or HE and you can deal damage. Fail to aim well and you don't. really AP has no reason to exsist considering how much more universaly effective HE is. Why even try to aim when you can bypass armor and deal percentage based damage with complete disregard for armor class. Your shell doesnt even have to deal damage. "oh but it's repairable". so balanced because I can afk behind a rock for 3 minutes as I burn all 5 repair charges to get ONLY half my health back from ONE pass. What part of that equation seems unbalanced to you?

Clearly much more has to change beyond "nerf health buff armor" but you get my point yes?

• Funny 1
  • Bad 4

[INTEL]
Members
791 posts
8,245 battles
10 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I'll just point out that the OP has been around since closed beta. If he hasn't learned anything in three years.....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[INTEL]
Members
8,567 posts
25,652 battles

Excellent trolling, OP.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,207 battles

I came here expecting to find an Everest of salt, and I was not disappointed.

• Funny 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,304 posts
6,575 battles
23 minutes ago, rocketdrive said:

fire damage is LITERALY more effective than even citadel

Fire damage: 100% repairable, needs a lot of time to stack up

Citadel damage: 10-50% repairable, happens withing seconds

excellent troll

• Cool 3

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, WoWS Community Contributors
1,957 posts
8,893 battles
30 minutes ago, rocketdrive said:

... fire damage is LITERALY more effective than even citadels ...

Stopped reading here when OP was clearly making things up that aren't remotely factual.

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,320 battles

Nothing screams "I dont understand Video Game Balance" like this post. Well done, OP. We're glad you are here with your 1,000 battles worth of experience to try to influence and shape the game. Very meaningful insight.

• Bad 2

Beta Testers
575 posts
1,608 battles
3 minutes ago, Spieges said:

Nothing screams "I dont understand Video Game Balance" like this post. Well done, OP. We're glad you are here with your 1,000 battles worth of experience to try to influence and shape the game. Very meaningful insight.

"congrats battleship main for trying yet again to at all remove any of the frustrating parts of gameplay"

yes sorry I want to improve the game. how dare I. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,320 battles
Just now, rocketdrive said:

"congrats battleship main for trying yet again to at all remove any of the frustrating parts of gameplay"

yes sorry I want to improve the game. how dare I. 

This improves the game how? You want Battleships to be giant floating fortresses incapable of taking most damage aside from other battleships main guns? Cruisers should strictly shoot AP and bounce most shots or do ridiculously low damage for every penetration? This is a video game, you cant have an all powerful god class of ship and everything else is simply shark bait. Thats not balanced or fun.

[PIZZA]
Supertester
918 posts
18,460 battles

One thing I have figured out in 2 years....WG is going to do what WG wants to do....therefore, you adapt and overcome or uninstall the game.

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

Huh, this is the first time I've see the BB Brigade call out the Cruiser CArtel in addition to the DD Mafia. And of course the usual CVetching about "sky cancer" for good measure. Who's got a forum bingo card going? I think we may have a winner with this combo.

Also, I'd like to point out that the current ship line that has the most annoying HE spammy guns is generally considered to be the KGV line. Y'know, BATTLESHIPS.

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
575 posts
1,608 battles
11 minutes ago, Spieges said:

This improves the game how? You want Battleships to be giant floating fortresses incapable of taking most damage aside from other battleships main guns? Cruisers should strictly shoot AP and bounce most shots or do ridiculously low damage for every penetration? This is a video game, you cant have an all powerful god class of ship and everything else is simply shark bait. Thats not balanced or fun.

"waaaaaaah he wants battleships to rely on armor by having more armor but less health waaaah"

did you even read my posts? no? makes sense. 

• Bad 3

Beta Testers
575 posts
1,608 battles
8 minutes ago, BaronVonTom said:

One thing I have figured out in 2 years....WG is going to do what WG wants to do....therefore, you adapt and overcome or uninstall the game.

and this makes the state of the game right....how?