You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
rjpyro

The Pink Thing

12 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
10,493 battles

I am wondering if any of you folks have had this happen.

I had entered into a random battle and maybe a minute or so after the start the game froze and i ended up getting booted out.

When i finally got back to my port i find a message saying i have a 3 game penalty for teamkill or leaving the game early.

I didnt teamkill or leave early or anything to make me pink just trouble connecting to the server.

I am sure i got reported afk but ok 3 games pink no big deal.

just wondering about this.

Members
3,468 posts
6,161 battles

Do a search for AFK in the forums - lots of thread on the subject.

[O_O]
Members
4,400 posts
9,524 battles

With the last patch, an automatic pink penalty is imposed if you are AFK (and a disconnect would make you "AFK").  I have been disconnected/crashed since the patch, but it has been later in the game when I suppose I had already contributed enough to avoid the penalty.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
231 posts
2,377 battles

Patch Notes, wonderful things. Shame no one reads them.

[BRN_2]
[BRN_2]
Members
4,222 posts
10,486 battles

Yep!  It has happened to me several times since the patch.  The mechanic is broken and WG needs to fix it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,581 posts
8,995 battles

Actually you did leave early, just not voluntarily. If it doesn't happen often it is meaningless just be aware that any team damage is reflected back at you when you are pink.

Members
9,959 posts
3 hours ago, rjpyro said:

I had entered into a random battle and maybe a minute or so after the start the game froze and i ended up getting booted out.

When i finally got back to my port i find a message saying i have a 3 game penalty for teamkill or leaving the game early.

I didnt teamkill or leave early or anything to make me pink just trouble connecting to the server.

WG instituted an overbearing automated system to punish their players for being afk. 

It turns out AFK is still here, so it appears to be the game that has the issues, more so than the players.

WG pisses off a large number of players for no good reason.....Profit? :cap_hmm:

Beta Testers
87 posts
4,058 battles

Don't be so salty to the OP. The only way this stupid mechanic will ever change is if enough people leave feedback on the forums. If you don't want to hear it, you don't have to waste your time commenting on or reading this thread.

Edited by neworleanssaintsfan

Members
3 posts
10,493 battles
22 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Patch Notes, wonderful things. Shame no one reads them.

Thank you for the reply.

I have read the different posts on this subject, there are a bunch of them.

I guess i was just looking for other people thoughts that this has happened to so i apologize for not being more clear on that.

[ICE9]
Members
809 posts
On 5/9/2018 at 6:51 AM, rjpyro said:

Exactly. A 2- or 3-game warning is laughably insignificant.  It's astonishing how many people feel like their whole lives have been forever tainted by something that a few spins with the Battle Cruiser Black Swan in Co-op can easily put to rest. More so because it has become commonplace.

Nobody is going to get the "Orange is the New Pink"  TK/AFK punishment for the occasional tech glitch.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,771 battles
On 5/9/2018 at 8:51 PM, rjpyro said:

Guilty till proven innocent. Putin justice. Go straight too Gulag, dissident gamer. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_amazed:

Edited by Crusin_Custard