Sign in to follow this  
LemonadeWarrior

Pink, why?

15 comments in this topic

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

I fired on an enemy DD while knowing I would hit my own DD as well, so I got pink. I will get rid of it in Randoms, so it doesn't really matter, though I do not understand why I am pink.

According the Wiki:

• do 10,000 damage or more to Allies (1% of damage) over the last 1,000,000 damage points (each) by main battery, aerial bombs or aerial torpedoes; or
  • do 40,000 damage or more to Allies (4% of damage) over the last 1,000,000 damage points by ship-launched torpedoes; or
  • destroy an ally by main battery fire, torpedoes of any kind or bombs (which means the last hit to sink them counts, not the amount of damage done previously); or
  • shoot down 30 or more allied aircraft in the last 100 air battles.

Someone care to help me understand the Wiki. I did below 10k damage, but I do not understand where the 1,000,000 damage points come from.

Thanks in advance! :)

t0n9es.jpg

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,607 posts
6,761 battles

Did you actually get the message informing you that have earned the Pink status or are you assuming that you are Pink based on the page you are showing where you got the 'unsporting conduct' award for team damage?

• Cool 1

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
Just now, Judge_Doom said:

Did you actually get the message informing you that have earned the Pink status or are you assuming that you are Pink based on the page you are showing where you got the 'unsporting conduct' award for team damage?

I was the proud owner of a Pink ID for two games :)

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles

Over the last 1M damage over any # of battles it sounds like (10k is 1% of that 1M damage...4k (oops...40k) being 4% of that 1M)..

Which means the damage you did in that battle combined w/the damage you had done in previous battles (W/in the last 1M damage that you have dealt) all total combined to more than 10k damage.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 2

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
11 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Over the last 1M damage over any # of battles it sounds like (10k is 1% of that 1M damage...4k (oops...40k) being 4% of that 1M)..

Which means the damage you did in that battle combined w/the damage you had done in previous battles (W/in the last 1M damage that you have dealt) all total combined to more than 10k damage.

Ah, so does it accumulate and resets everytime after hitting 1M of damage or is it just an average number that goes up and down and only resets when you become pink?

I do hit my teammates occasionaly between 1 - 4k damage, especially when playing Ranked :P

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
1 minute ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Ah, so does it accumulate and resets everytime after hitting 1M of damage or is it just an average number that goes up and down and only resets when you become pink?

I do hit my teammates occasionaly between 1 - 4k damage, especially when playing Ranked :P

It doesn't reset after 1M damage...only after you turn pink...it just ignores any damage from before the last 1M so if you had 8 or 9k built up & then went a whole 1M w/out getting any then that 8 or 9 just disappears & you're back to 0 because you haven't done any damage in the last 1M.

• Cool 1

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
11 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

It doesn't reset after 1M damage...only after you turn pink...it just ignores any damage from before the last 1M so if you had 8 or 9k built up & then went a whole 1M w/out getting any then that 8 or 9 just disappears & you're back to 0 because you haven't done any damage in the last 1M.

Okay, thanks for the clarification, @IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles

So does ramming a low health ally to death not turn you pink anymore? It used to but it's not listed as 1 of the examples but does fall under the definition of "last hit to sink them".

I didn't even know that you could shoot down allied aircraft...should I stop taking DFAA on my CA/CLs or is that just a CV strafing thing?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
2 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Okay, thanks for the clarification, @IfYouSeeKhaos

Thank you...& thanx for posting the Wiki reference on it...I spend too much time playing to check out the Wiki & wasn't aware of what the exact changes were.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles
1 hour ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I fired on an enemy DD while knowing I would hit my own DD as well

Regardless of where else this thread goes, you deserved the pinkening you got.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
18 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Regardless of where else this thread goes, you deserved the pinkening you got.

You hurt my feelings. Kidding, already mentioned I don’t care about it. It is part of the job.

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,791 battles
1 hour ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I fired on an enemy DD while knowing I would hit my own DD as well, so I got pink. I will get rid of it in Randoms, so it doesn't really matter, though I do not understand why I am pink.

According the Wiki:

• do 10,000 damage or more to Allies (1% of damage) over the last 1,000,000 damage points (each) by main battery, aerial bombs or aerial torpedoes; or
  • do 40,000 damage or more to Allies (4% of damage) over the last 1,000,000 damage points by ship-launched torpedoes; or
  • destroy an ally by main battery fire, torpedoes of any kind or bombs (which means the last hit to sink them counts, not the amount of damage done previously); or

Someone care to help me understand the Wiki. I did below 10k damage, but I do not understand where the 1,000,000 damage points come from.

t0n9es.jpg

Is the information on the damage you listed from the WoWs wiki up-to-date since the new anti-abuse system was implemented in 0.7.4? I looked and could not find the page you found that info on. This is all I found listed under the description of the new anti-abuse system in the changelogs:  http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.7.4

"Unsportsmanlike Conduct Prevention System:

In the upcoming Update 0.7.4, we're taking the efficiency of our system used to counter unsportsmanlike conduct and unfair play to a whole new level. From now on, players acting disrespectfully toward teammates by attacking them, being inactive in battle, or fleeing a battle will get a foul conduct warning first and will be banned from certain types of battles (except Co-op and Clan Battles) in case of repeated violations.

The status of a player's account will be indicated by the color of their nickname:

WHITE color meaning lack of violations.
PINK color meaning the player has received a warning.
ORANGE color meaning the player is under penalty and is restricted from entry to certain types of battles.

Any penalty will be "served" in Co-op Battles, where each battle played without violations is one step on the way back to the "white" status. The exact penalty will depend on the number of violations and the frequency of their recurrence. Repeat offenders will "go pink" faster and face an ever increasing penalty for repeated acts of unsportsmanlike conduct. This significantly reduces the chance for all players to be matched in a battle with a "hardcore" offender.

Please note that with the release of the Update, the status of all players will be reset to the "white status", giving each and every player a chance to start a new chapter in World of Warships."

I even looked through the changelogs, and it's possible I overlooked it. Could you provide a link?

From personal experience, it doesn't take much to get a pink warning under the new system. I fired off a risky torpedo spread that I should not have and one torp hit a friendly doing approximately 5,100 dmg and it was enough for me to get the pink warning for 2 games.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,110 posts
2 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

According the Wiki:

t0n9es.jpg

images.jpg

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
5 hours ago, daVinci761st said:

Is the information on the damage you listed from the WoWs wiki up-to-date since the new anti-abuse system was implemented in 0.7.4? I looked and could not find the page you found that info on. This is all I found listed under the description of the new anti-abuse system in the changelogs:  http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.7.4

"Unsportsmanlike Conduct Prevention System:

In the upcoming Update 0.7.4, we're taking the efficiency of our system used to counter unsportsmanlike conduct and unfair play to a whole new level. From now on, players acting disrespectfully toward teammates by attacking them, being inactive in battle, or fleeing a battle will get a foul conduct warning first and will be banned from certain types of battles (except Co-op and Clan Battles) in case of repeated violations.

The status of a player's account will be indicated by the color of their nickname:

WHITE color meaning lack of violations.
PINK color meaning the player has received a warning.
ORANGE color meaning the player is under penalty and is restricted from entry to certain types of battles.

Any penalty will be "served" in Co-op Battles, where each battle played without violations is one step on the way back to the "white" status. The exact penalty will depend on the number of violations and the frequency of their recurrence. Repeat offenders will "go pink" faster and face an ever increasing penalty for repeated acts of unsportsmanlike conduct. This significantly reduces the chance for all players to be matched in a battle with a "hardcore" offender.

Please note that with the release of the Update, the status of all players will be reset to the "white status", giving each and every player a chance to start a new chapter in World of Warships."

I even looked through the changelogs, and it's possible I overlooked it. Could you provide a link?

From personal experience, it doesn't take much to get a pink warning under the new system. I fired off a risky torpedo spread that I should not have and one torp hit a friendly doing approximately 5,100 dmg and it was enough for me to get the pink warning for 2 games.

The information I found came from the following link: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Teamkilling

Thanks for your help though :)

Sign in to follow this