Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Is there a source of safe reliable skins?

6 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts

I'm seeing third party sites offering zipped files that end with .exeand come bundled with crap like ByteFence.

I'd like to find a nice skin for my dull as dishwater Graf Spee.

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,775 battles

Have you tried this one.

The download is through Mediafire. I don't use skins, but I downloaded it to test it out to see if there was any extraneous funny stuff in the files, and I also scanned the files. Everything appears to be safe and good. The only thing is I have no idea if it still works with 0.7.4.

With Mediafire, when you click the download button, in addition to your download, it will open up a web page ad which you can just close.

edit: It is a good looking skin. I may have to use it for the Graf Spee.

Edited by daVinci761st
  • Cool 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts

Thanks. I'll try it tomorrow.

I bought the $9.99 Graf Spee last week and thought it didn't have camo when I first saw it. 

It's the worst camo a Premium ever came with.

:Smile_sad:

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,775 battles

Aye, and you are most welcome. I did the same thing. It was a really good deal, but like you, I was disappointed in the look of the premium camo pattern that comes with it.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,236 battles
10 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I bought the $9.99 Graf Spee last week and thought it didn't have camo when I first saw it. 

Blasto! You mad fool you! Amigo, be very careful of what mods you use, as WoW has recently come down on certain mods very hard, and some players have had short term bans because of it. I know you are just looking for a good skin, which is reasonable, but be careful with those that come bundled with other mods, as some of those might not be totally kosher. I would hate to see you catch any official grief, as I know you aren't the type of player who uses any illegal mods.

And when you do find one you like, be sure to post a pic so we know who to look for in the game, you mad, impetuous ship-sinker you!

• Funny 1

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

You need to skip the "pre-download" download links. Ad fly or media fire are free because they advert all these random download links and such.

Sign in to follow this