You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

Who has the plan!?!

28 comments in this topic

Members
918 posts
2,452 battles

Just got out of a ranked match that had me laughing. I know people get emotional with matches and more so in rank, however what do people do when there's no one to blame?

So the match starts and no one had a plan. We all just lemming trained and lost. However on the trip down lemming lane we discussed how no one had a plan and no one came up with one.

We lost. Shocking i know. However, what transpired in chat next was pretty hilarious as people died one by one each of them going :

"Who has the plan?!"

"You SOB's watched me die! Where was the help?"

"God damnit guys WHO HAS THE PLAN?"

"Damnit someone should have had the plan!"

I couldn't help it i started laughing so hard. They were pissed but who to be pissed at? We all agreed there was no plan so all this salt pouring out but its directionless. I just simply said in chat no one had a plan so no one deserves to be bitched out over the loss. Pretty funny to watch people fume about no plan when we agreed there was no plan. :cap_haloween:

Ah man rank play is pretty funny i gotta say.

• Funny 2

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,852 posts
13,070 battles

That's nothing like when you do have a plan, get a bunch of affirmatives on the plan...then everyone still runs off and does their own thing.

As an aside, folks asking for a plan annoy me. If you have a plan...give one.  Otherwise, listen for one.  If no gives one, then no one has one.  In which case, figure out what you're going to do, and communicate it.

• Cool 1

Members
918 posts
2,452 battles
Just now, Soshi_Sone said:

That's nothing like when you do have a plan, get a bunch of affirmatives on the plan...then everyone still runs off and does their own thing.

As an aside, folks asking for a plan annoy me. If you have a plan...give one.  Otherwise, listen for one.  If no gives one, then no one has one.  In which case, figure out what you're going to do, and communicate it.

What you are describing is the usual fare i find. But yeah usually i ask AB/AC etc..and if no one has a plan i just follow behind and hope they can shoot and that RNG loves me this match lol.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

What do you mean you don't have the plan? I don't have the plan either! WHO HAS THE PLAN?!

Honestly the worst is when people ask me if I have the plan because, well, this guy's in a Tirpitz, they're the biggest ship on the team, they MUST have some idea what to do, right? Well no. I do not in fact have the plan. I never have the plan. My plan is "support my team and hope they have a plan" or "wait until circumstances arise in which I can formulate a plan". The closest I ever have to a plan is "kick names, take [edited]".

Members
918 posts
2,452 battles
1 minute ago, slokill_1 said:

It's secret.  

wwindex.jpg

• Funny 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,702 posts
3,941 battles
54 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

It's secret.  

Not if it was on a certain person's private email server.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles

Depending on map & alignment of starting ships I usually suggest quickest route for DDs getting to cap w/best support possible in nobody else has a plan...which usually results in DDs running around the outside of the cap trying to farm stealth torping 1st place XP asap...La Vie (wait...what did he C'est?).

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,710 battles

When playing CV i check what the plan is as i need to know what the DD are planning and where to send my planes ahead of them so scout for them and if i need to send a squad to spot a cap that we are not going for to see what the other team is doing and if they are going for that cap, no point me saying go for B when A works better for the DD.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

My favorite is the Snide remark of Don't Die. Then that player solo's into oblivion and picks up his Salt shaker to blame everyone for his death.

Classic Buffoonery  

Members
4 posts
195 battles

Am very new to this game, but In Random...

This is usually a favorite of mine. I always ask “Plan?”

The first reply “Don’t Die”

My reply “That’s a goal not a plan”

But like Noster and others have said grab the bull by the horns and take the lead. But like @Clutch_Cargo states some person will wonder off on his own path...

Have had great fun playing the Weekly Raptor Rescue and with the Newport Defense. Once you’ve the 7 players collected after a couple of goes they all come together really quickly. Enjoyed this most in WoWs so far. Looking forward to clan battles as well...

On the same tack, is there a good tactics guide?

http://en.wowstactic.tk/

I like this tool, but wondering if a strategy and tactics guide exists?

Many thanks

Norfolk nChance.

Members
348 posts
8,921 battles

There is never a plan in ranked unless you are rank 5 and above. At rank 7 you are getting paired with the worst players possible now. Im not even talking about low skill or new player either.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,832 battles
15 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Yeah that person had a plan, in a bit of similarity she lost the game because she ignored key areas too.

Members
18,293 posts
5,226 battles
16 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

What you are describing is the usual fare i find. But yeah usually i ask AB/AC etc..

I often don't even bother doing that. You get 2 teammates agreeing on AB, and then both your DDs head for C...:Smile_teethhappy:

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

best plan in Ranked is the reverse Schlieffen Plan...

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,571 battles

For future, so no one can complain about not having a plan:

DD goes to nearest cap, and all other ships provides support for that DD.

If more than one DD: BOTH should head to nearest cap.

after the nearest cap is taken, I don't know where to go from there.

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts
Just now, Counter_Gambit said:

For future, so no one can complain about not having a plan:

DD goes to nearest cap, and all other ships provides support for that DD.

If more than one DD: BOTH should head to nearest cap.

after the nearest cap is taken, I don't know where to go from there.

way to complicated

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,571 battles
Just now, Dr_Dirt said:

way to complicated

damn it. Sounded simple in my head too.

Members
1,310 posts
21,134 battles
17 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

LOL.  I get that.

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

Kein Operationsplan reicht mit einiger Sicherheit über das erste Zusammentreffen mit der feindlichen Hauptmacht hinaus.  So why bother.  Just stick with the inverse Schlieffen Plan.  You cant go to wrong with Schlieffen.

Edited by Dr_Dirt

[H_]
Members
232 posts
7,290 battles

Always a fan of the folks that have a plan actually, and are willing to put it forth.

Love the "Go A/B" and everyone goes.. "Wilco"  and sure enough there I am in my lonely DD at B and not another sole in site, they are all at freaking A  everyone but me. Even though I saw no one was coming on mini map, thought what the heck try the cap, run if it's crowded,  I capped, hung around till it looked like a really bad idea and ran for the hills only to get jumped and crushed by 3 RED guys.. so much for the "plan"

Usually I state : "Mill about smartly?" or something else. usually folks end up milling about and not smartly.

When spawning to me at least it's usually pretty evident that you should go to a certain set of caps, well at least in domination, but in standard it's nice if everyone could have some idea which way to go.. Not everyone listens though.

When playing Ranked I did find that most of the teams at least tried to adhere to the agreed plan, didn't always work, but it was better then random.

Members
9,985 posts

I always find it amusing when grinding a stock ship in co-op, and some says...."What's the plan?"

If you need a plan in co-op, there's a problem......:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,084 posts
6,023 battles
On 5/9/2018 at 1:57 AM, J30_Reinhardt said:

If only she'd had "four minutes' nuclear response time" to the subpoena for seizing the server.