You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hauptmanpanzer

Kill 3 Japanese and 3 German ships

29 comments in this topic

[MWR]
Beta Testers
45 posts
6,219 battles

Anyone else having trouble getting this finished due to lack of ships ? I did an operation but unable to group up for the German operation. Maybe a Looking For Group option. ????????????

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,291 posts

the germans yes...the japanese no.  The japanese can be done very quickly in the current scenario\operation.

[SYN]
Members
14,459 posts
10,475 battles

Japanese ships: EZ in Raptor

German ships: Do it in coop

[WPP]
Members
519 posts
5,479 battles

I did the Germans with the Minsk playing CoOp.  The trick was to use the speed boost right off the bat and go to the opposite side from your own Germans - it worked 3 for 3.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

It’s really too bad since people are just yoloing and throwing games to get the German ship. Very VERY poorly thought out mission. Whoever dreamt that one up should get “a la chase” fired. 

• Cool 3

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
13,039 battles
1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

Japanese ships: EZ in Raptor

German ships: Do it in coop

^^^ This. 

It took about 10 tries in co-op to get the KM kills, but did it in less than 2 hours.  I also sank several IJN ships during these games, but had already completed that part from Raptor.

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
1 hour ago, Hauptmanpanzer said:

Anyone else having trouble getting this finished due to lack of ships ? I did an operation but unable to group up for the German operation. Maybe a Looking For Group option. ????????????

I've been seeing quite a few IJN & KM ships in just Random (especially BBs in higher tiers...as always though...nothing new there) but have only bagged 1 of each so far. Have 22 hours of premium time left from turning in FPS reward so just running Random instead of wasting it on Co-Op...if I don't get it by then I'll switch to Co-Op or scenarios. Haven't been "trying" either...just running all my premium ships & 19 point commanders in random order & got the 2 I got just from playing...I'm sure as soon as I "try" I will notice it being a pain...usually how that works...lol.

[MWR]
Beta Testers
45 posts
6,219 battles

Do the Raptor operation for the Japanese ship, we're screwed for the German ship. I have 2 I need one more. GL

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
630 posts
1,182 battles

I played about 10 co-op games tonight, alternating between Budyonny & Kutuzov, and got two German ships. Still need one more, though. I'd like to get it quickly, as I only have the two Soviet ships to get the final part. It'll go quickly with the bonus, but I don't want to wait until the last day.

The next scenario starts Wednesday. Hopefully it'll have some German ships.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Take a crew from your clan into Killer Whale for German ships need at least 4 members.

No Clan get 4 friends to division .

Edited by CLUCH_CARGO

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
2 hours ago, Hauptmanpanzer said:

Did all mine in Co-op had 2 German Cruisers sail broadside to me and sank them both with AP the Japanese were easy as lots around took another 25 games to get see another german and sank him .. in done

[RLGN]
Members
8,283 posts
17,327 battles

Division with someone and trade driving the ships you need. Mirror match will mean they will be there. You just have to get them before the player bots or other real players do.

[DPG]
Members
897 posts
4,438 battles

Co-op is a torp heavy meta.  Even if your torps are a last resort weapon you'll see people yolo.  You're only option is seems is to get in fast.  I did the KM portion in my Leningrad.  I picked a German target and ran right for them.  

[4HIM]
Members
1,813 posts
4,129 battles

Just no German ships in the game.  Out of the last 15 matches I've played, I've only seen 2.  

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,191 posts
18,924 battles

Scenario battle changed to Newport. Afaik there are IJM and KM ships as bots. If you are lucky you need one or two tries. As for me? Got it done within the last scenario (IJN only) and yolo rushs in co-op with my Kiev and Leningrad.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,885 posts
10,675 battles

I was taking my German and Japanese ships into Co-op once I finished and got the Capt to try and help others as I know how difficult it is to finish off (the German part especially). I have stopped trying to help though as I got sick of getting crap, and losing Karma (not that it really matters - more the principle of the issue), for killing German/Japanese ships to keep from dying or losing the match. I always announced in chat at start I was there to help and would hang back and let others get the target ships unless it meant me dying or the team losing in which case I would act. Everyone agreed and thanked me and such but if I actually had to kill a target ship they whined and cried like babies and reported me. So screw that and won't do it anymore. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles
7 hours ago, Hauptmanpanzer said:

Can you please refrain from using the word "Jap" in your posts. People will say that it is just an abbreviation of the word Japanese. It is not a simple abbreviation its use was a racial slur meant to dehumanize the Japanese. Most people use the term in ignorance because they have seen it in the movies a thousand times. I am not trying to insult you, sir, I am merely pointing out something that you may not be aware of.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7

[PVE]
Members
5,643 posts
18,236 battles
4 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Can you please refrain from using the word "Jap" in your posts. People will say that it is just an abbreviation of the word Japanese. It is not a simple abbreviation its use was a racial slur meant to dehumanize the Japanese. Most people use the term in ignorance because they have seen it in the movies a thousand times. I am not trying to insult you, sir, I am merely pointing out something that you may not be aware of.

Well only the stupid think that. The slur was the shortened version of Nippon or words that demeaned physical characteristics of the Japanese... 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well only the stupid think that. The slur was the shortened version of Nippon or words that demeaned physical characteristics of the Japanese... 

Not true, there were MULTIPLE slurs used to describe the Japanese during the war which is pretty common. Killing your fellow man is not a natural act. Wartime propaganda using racial slurs to dehumanize your enemy is a way to help to make the killing process for your soldiers easier. Go look at World War two propaganda fils that were shown in this country and try and say it is not a racial slur. The word "Jap" was NEVER used with anything but negative connotations and defending its use is an exercise in futility. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[O_O]
Members
4,425 posts
9,588 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

The word "Jap" was NEVER used with anything but negative connotations and defending its use is an exercise in futility. 

"Jap" only became a common term because it was short for Japanese.

As the war took its casualties physically and emotionally, the US people, in particular, came to hate the Japanese people (enemies in war tend to cause that).  The common term was then used with the prevailing emotions...hate, pain, frustration, anger.

Those times have fortunately passed and we (the US) now get along quite well with the Japanese.  The emotions felt in the '40's and '50's have faded.  In today's hyper-sensitive, politically correct war on being offended, however, words have to be chosen very carefully (unless...well, let's not talk about the 'unless').  Oddly enough, I have talked with several Japanese people about others using the term.  Admittedly, none of them were WWII-era people, but none of them cared a bit about it.  I have no doubt there are those who would be offended...

...because there are always people who are offended by something.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,253 posts
10,709 battles

Just div up with for coop with 2 people in German boats to do the German stuff.  The current Operation Raptor is great for farming the Japanese Kills.  

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles
32 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

"Jap" only became a common term because it was short for Japanese.

As the war took its casualties physically and emotionally, the US people, in particular, came to hate the Japanese people (enemies in war tend to cause that).  The common term was then used with the prevailing emotions...hate, frustration, anger.

Those times have fortunately passed and we (the US) now get along quite well with the Japanese.  In today's hyper-sensitive, politically correct war on being offended, however, words have to be chosen very carefully (unless...well, let's not talk about the 'unless').  Oddly enough, I have talked with several Japanese people about others using the term.  Admittedly, none of them were WWII-era people, but none of them cared a bit about it.  I have no doubt there are those who would be offended...

...because there are always people who are offended by something.

True, I was just trying to bring to the attention of the OP that some people might find it offensive. My general rule of thumb is if it is not something you would say to a Japanese person in normal polite conversation, you probably should refrain from using it. 

• Bad 2

[VOP]
Members
270 posts
7,063 battles
19 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

True, I was just trying to bring to the attention of the OP that some people might find it offensive. My general rule of thumb is if it is not something you would say to a Japanese person in normal polite conversation, you probably should refrain from using it. 

I guess the modern generation would storm out of the old game stores I used to frequent when most gaming was done face to face on boards or with miniatures.  People picked their sides and all terms were used:  Japs, Frogs, Krauts, Commies, I-Ties, Capitalist Pigs (USA) to name a few.  All were welcome at the stores and no group sacred.

• Bad 2

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
186 posts
6 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Take a crew from your clan into Killer Whale for German ships need at least 4 members.

No Clan get 4 friends to division .

unless they changed it today it still requires 7 people to do that operation.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles
15 minutes ago, DemonW0lf said:

unless they changed it today it still requires 7 people to do that operation.

I went in on the random cue, they are bots it is easy to get kills, even in a random group.