You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LT_Rusty_SWO

Well, I'm pink...

18 comments in this topic

[XBRTC]
Members
1,396 posts
7,411 battles

... but I deserved it.

Playing ASASHIO. Sitting in the edge of a cap, smoked up. Red team FLETCHER, KIEV and BENSON coming in and out, trying to see if I've run off yet. I haven't, though, because... I'm capping, and there's an ALSACE popping out from behind a rock.

There's a green SCHORS coming up behind me to support the cap, and he's going to pass by me in a second or two. Guns are up again. Take another shot at the FLETCHER.

SCHORS is past me now, but he's on fire the poor thing. There's the ALSACE... launch... 

Man, that SCHORS looks weird. I thought he had one of those weird colored camos? OH [EXCREMENT] THAT'S AN IOWA THAT'S ON FIRE.

700 hit points. That's all it took.

I apologized, and @ADM_SUAREZ was really good about it. I'm impressed, both that he was pushing into the cap so early and that he was that chill about me being retarded.

Welp, now off to go be pink for a couple of battles.

• Cool 10

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,340 posts
14,832 battles

and thank you for owning up for it... +1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles

Is this a first for the Forum; someone who has the integrity to own their own mistakes? Or does it just feel like it? Either way, HUGE plus 1!

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
270 posts
3,680 battles

Wheres the salt?

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles
6 minutes ago, Ron4ja said:

Wheres the salt?

if there was salt it was only one of little packets you get form a take away shop, that was wet.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles
32 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

and thank you for owning up for it... +1

28 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Is this a first for the Forum; someone who has the integrity to own their own mistakes? Or does it just feel like it? Either way, HUGE plus 1!

It isn't a first but sadly it is very rare. To you OP PLUS ONE!

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts

I see the latest craze is to go in coop and aim straight for the pink player and just rub yourslef all over them intentionally, just to see all the pink numbers fly up and the ohter player explode, even though he wants to play normally.

Another great invention by WG that they just have not thought through.

Edited by Dareios
edited, as I thought it would be <edited> by the system
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles
2 minutes ago, Dareios said:

I see the latest craze is to go in coop, and deliberately aim for a pink player and rub yourself all over him so as to make sure he gets penalised 40 times in one match.

thanks fuckwits and thank WG. was 2 games in pink, now 15 in orange. LOVE the way you think through these changes and how [edited] will use them.

Unless it changed with the addition of inaction to becoming pink minor team damage, trading paint, has a minimal effect on removing the pink.

[NAVY]
Members
1,007 posts
3,756 battles
29 minutes ago, Dareios said:

I see the latest craze is to go in coop and aim straight for the pink player and just rub yourslef all over them intentionally, just to see all the pink numbers fly up and the ohter player explode, even though he wants to play normally.

That's strange. I was pink because I made a bad decision which resulted in 3 torps hitting a friendly teammate nearly sinking him. Totally my fault and apologized to the other player. It was enough team damage, though, that I got the warning message that stated I would be pink for 2 games. First time I've been pink in a long, long while.

I went to co-op and another player accidentally hit my ship as we were both trying to dodge torpedos, and it did not extend the number of games I was pink. I guess it depends on how much damage is done as to whether or not it results in the warning phase being extended, but as @BrushWolf stated, "trading paint" doesn't appear to extend the warning/penalty period.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Gj OP. Last time I was TK’d I got reported as well... Luckily it wasn’t a T10 Shimakaze in Ranked. *cringes*

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles
57 minutes ago, Dareios said:

I have around 11k games in coop and have only seen something similar once...  The one doing the griefing of the pink player had an Alpha test flag which I thought was odd and just assumed they knew one another and let it be until the pink player started complaining. Anyways people in co-op are used to seeing pink players in matches and most of us go out of our way to let them alone to work off their pinkness. If people are doing what you said, they may be doing it in upper tiers where I don't play.

Edit: I just remembered someone griefing me early on for me in the game. I was still playing PvP at that time, turned pink for sinking someone so went to work it off in co-op. Took a carrier and when the match started, someone started berating me in chat for being pink and saying they didn't like playing with pink players. I ignored him and went about my business. He kept bumping into me and I still ignored him. He finally started shooting at me and set me on fire so I let them burn. He then torped me and I let myself die and turning him pink. I got a laugh about that, must have driven him crazy if he didn't like pink players.... Anyways I forgot about it because  it happened so long ago. So twice, not just the once.

Edited by Taylor3006

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts
23 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

I went to co-op and another player accidentally hit my ship as we were both trying to dodge torpedos, and it did not extend the number of games I was pink. I guess it depends on how much damage is done as to whether or not it results in the warning phase being extended, but as @BrushWolf stated, "trading paint" doesn't appear to extend the warning/penalty period.

yeah, I think there's something in the #numbertimestraded. maybe? It was enough to completly remove all of my TX HP (what? training a captain, so I dont go in randoms sub-par) without assistance from the bots and make me -1 myself. Ended up being 4 games penalty, not my rant about 15. Easy enough to work off, but, ergh, thats what I was doing.

Ive got nothing against the 'do the crime pay the time' pinkness. That's fair enough.

[GULAG]
[GULAG]
Members
149 posts
1,369 battles

I sort of feel like turning pink is part of developing as a player. I've turned pink more than a few times, with most of them being my fault.

Cheers for owning up.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

I'll admit to my own pinkness on occasion. Heck just the other day I turned pink because... Okay, I'll be honest, I don't know what the server was thinking.

So I'm in Co-op in my Molotov, working on the mission for the new captain. I need one more kill, and I spot it. An enemy Nurnberg! I go for this bot with a vengeance since he spawned on the same side of the map as me AND was the first ship I made contact with. And I have help too, a bot T-22. Okay, "help" is a rather strong word here as we're about to see, but moving on. I see the T-22 open up on the Nurnberg with his guns, I really need that kill, the Nurnberg is on fire, I'm within 4km so I launch torpedoes. The gunfight continues as my fish swim, I just can't load fast enough dammit! Then, while looking down the sights I see the T-22, he passes dangerously close to the Nurnberg on its port side, close enough to jump the gap and board if you wanted to. I'm a bit nervous but this bot is at least moving fast enough that he should be able to... Why is he slowing down? No, no no no, no NO NO NO-*BOOM*

All three torps hit the T-22 on his side and he detonates in a ball of fire. The Nurnberg barely survives and I put a salvo into his aft to finish him off. One thought remains though: WHY THE IN THE HUNDRED AND EIGHT HELLS OF BUDDHISM DID THAT T-22 STOP?!

• Funny 1

[GNOME]
[GNOME]
Members
2 posts
2,536 battles

I didnt get mad simply because everyone makes mistakes and id rather enjoy the game as much as i can rather than get mad at someone for their mistakes. :) 

[O_O]
Members
732 posts
6,220 battles

operation petticoatn

Army Nurse: "Now isn't this a lovely shade of pink?" ^_^

Chief of the Boat: "Please, Ma'am...i'm trying to eat..." 

:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Shinnidan

[PSP]
Members
6,226 posts