Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MrKilmister

Bretagne, not bad!

11 comments in this topic

Members
3,399 posts
8,276 battles

I'd earned this ship through a challenge mission back during the windup to the French BB tech line release and it had been sitting in my port waiting for time for me to try it out. I mainly play DDs these days, I have more than enough ships in my port and I had other priorities/projects I was working on. Anyway, I finally tried the ship out today and this was my second battle result. The ship seems better than I had expected for such an pugly looking French bulldog. 

PAeg1Hb.jpg

XQTsfwx.jpg

HInqh15.jpg

j3RJuWg.jpg

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles

I just unlocked her today myself. The Courbet was only a tier 4 but I found that ship to be quite capable and fun to use.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,239 posts

Nice!   It's sitting in my port too, for the same reasons- too many ships, not enough time.

I've been itching to try it, lately- so it's good to hear that someone likes it, lol.

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

She's definitely a good ship when top tier and not too bad when in a Tier 6 battle, but she definitely struggles against Tier 7s. I have played 21 battles in her, a small sample size to be sure, I guess I'll get back to it sometime. For now though I've shifted my weight back onto cruisers.

Edited by Zionas

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,252 posts
8,578 battles

Yeah, it's not bad, just nothing to write home about either. Decent AA I suppose... otherwise just a pretty normal BB all things considered. 

Members
3,399 posts
8,276 battles

BTW, There is one problem I find with French BBs.  Does it seem to anyone else, anyone who has also played all of the BB national tech tree lines, as though French BB AP is exceptionally difficult compared to other BB AP to see and trace?

I find the contrast to be essentially zero too often. I prefer to play a vanilla game client but this situation may drive me to at least run a shell tracer mod.

Edited by lemekillmister

[ARGSY]
Members
6,230 posts
4,207 battles
On 5/10/2018 at 12:55 PM, lemekillmister said:

BTW, There is one problem I find with French BBs.  Does it seem to anyone else, anyone who has also played all of the BB national tech tree lines, as though French BB AP is exceptionally difficult compared to other BB AP to see and trace?

I find the contrast to be essentially zero too often. I prefer to play a vanilla game client but this situation may drive me to at least run a shell tracer mod.

I did notice difficulties last night in my Normandie, but put it down to screen, settings etc. 

Bretagne is interesting. I'll never have to grind her because I got her and Normandie as unlocks from containers (won, not bought), but I seem to do far better in her and have earned far more XP in her than in the Iron Duke - which has an almost identical gun layout and only slightly bigger guns (13.5 inch vs. 13.4). I wonder if that middle turret facing forward instead of aft is what changes things.

Like the Pensacola (which I had before the split, so she became fully researched when she downtiered), I am finding that not needing to do the grind probably takes the pressure off. It will be interesting to see whether the same thing eventually happens with the Helena (because I already have T8 Cleveland).

Members
3,468 posts
6,161 battles
On 5/10/2018 at 11:25 AM, lemekillmister said:

To me it is on certain maps I have issues not necessarily nation though I have not played all of the nations (have not done the UK BBs other than the Orion and I remember nothing of it).

Sign in to follow this