Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Prof_Fate

Ranked Suggestion (yet another one)

5 comments in this topic

[TBB]
Beta Testers
169 posts
7,231 battles

For many, the hardest part of ranked is getting to 9.  That being said, doesn't it make sense to allow the better players a swifter way to advance, which also results in 'more even' games for the lesser players playing ranked in the tweens?

So, maybe change the 'stars' to the following:

+1 -- win a game
+1 -- finish top TWO (win or lose)

-1 -- lose a game
-1 -- finish LAST (win or lose)

Finish top 2 and win, you get two stars; play afk or poorly and win, you get zero stars; play AFK or poorly and lose, you get -2 stars.  The above quickly separates the chaff. 

[HINON]
Members
9,031 posts

I figured the suggestion was going to be more cowbell. 

I think some other games use a similar mechanic to move more experienced players up more quickly.

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,344 battles
53 minutes ago, Prof_Fate said:

For many, the hardest part of ranked is getting to 9.  That being said, doesn't it make sense to allow the better players a swifter way to advance, which also results in 'more even' games for the lesser players playing ranked in the tweens?

So, maybe change the 'stars' to the following:

+1 -- win a game
+1 -- finish top TWO (win or lose)

-1 -- lose a game
-1 -- finish LAST (win or lose)

Finish top 2 and win, you get two stars; play afk or poorly and win, you get zero stars; play AFK or poorly and lose, you get -2 stars.  The above quickly separates the chaff. 

It's pretty much impossible to win with 6 ships so even the bottom player on the winning team probably did *something* to help you win.  For example maybe a DD yolo'd into a cap and spotted all the bad guys.  But seeing the bad guys allowed everyone else on the team to make some kills.   That player shouldn't be punished if his team won. 

[-BSS-]
Members
395 posts
6,282 battles

I’d be happy if my finishing rank was the highest rank attained during the season, not the rank held at the end of the season.

I love playing ranked but when I get to a new rank I’m torn about stopping as I’m at best an average captain and feel like I’m more likely to fall back than progress further.

My highest rank this season is 8 but have gone between 10 and 9 quite a few times 

Sign in to follow this