You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KurganSPK

Well, Earned My First Ever Chat Ban... Woot?

20 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
848 posts
8,208 battles

So, last few days have been pretty toxic in game - people giving nasty insults simply for shooting at them, or ... gasp... not driving your ship as they would drive it. The salt was contagious and I started "firing back" - well all the saltys that starting firing salt got their feelings hurt and complained and the result is a freakin' long [edited]chat ban. I'm not complaining, I shouldn't have returned punches as we know all those that retaliate get punished the most. First time in 30,000 some odd matches combined in WoT and WoWS.. guess it was bound to happen eventually. Still I feel badly for my lack of restraint and take my justice... I will use the freakin' five months of silence as an opportunity to reflect and make sure I dish out all my daily compliments as my "community service". 

That is all. Well, 'cept for this deep thought of the day: Folks if you're gonna throw insults around do you really need to complain when they come back to you?

It does seem like you should get some sort of warning before a five month ban though - this should be interesting, as I do, in fact, mostly use chat for positive reasons. 

UPDATE: I'm so new to bans I read the penalty wrong due to euro format for month and day. It's not Sept 9th it's May 9th... so just a few days :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,329 battles

I have a hard time believing you got *five months* without receiving prior chat warnings/bans. 

Either that, or you said something *especially* egregious... :cap_old:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
848 posts
8,208 battles

LOL - read the date wrong as it's using the euro standard of date before month... so it's just a few days... not five months.......... :Smile_teethhappy:

[FARQD]
Members
389 posts
6,260 battles
5 minutes ago, KurganSPK said:

LOL - read the date wrong as it's using the euro standard of date before month... so it's just a few days... not five months.......... :Smile_teethhappy:

Isn't it 24 hours? 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

LOL your chat has been interrupted. Like here in the forums it is meaning less.{ Multiple Accounts make easy access }What Player X says so can Player Y, one in the same.

[RKLES]
Members
7,243 posts
9,040 battles

My style if the insults get too toxic is not to insult them back, no that is not enough for them and could only get me in trouble. Instead I get screen shots of the chat and send them in to Wargaming in report ticket and let the moderators enjoy the colorful language I was insulted with.

I have heard the Moderators are never amused by such chat to say the least so the offenders get hammered and I get to sail merrily on my way. But still is a hassle to send in such reports, so I only send them when chat went majorly overboard.

The reports sent into support do help the game get less toxic, some friends and me Dev died to do an experiment in WIT Blitz and report any chat violations that definately were EULA violations, did this over the course of a month and we played heavily. And this was just after Wargaming started up that 5 strike penalty system. Well after that month for the next few months chat greatly improved, the players that loved informing enemy team of allied positions if they did not get their way vanished, and the quality of players improved as well lol. If things get too bad innWiws we might just have to do a little of this and let some of the players that are frequent source of toxicity in chat entire battke vanish or change their ways.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
848 posts
8,208 battles
8 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

Isn't it 24 hours? 

seems to be, yes

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
848 posts
8,208 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

My style if the insults get too toxic is not to insult them back, no that is not enough for them and could only get me in trouble. Instead I get screen shots of the chat and send them in to Wargaming in report ticket and let the moderators enjoy the colorful language I was insulted with.

I have heard the Moderators are never amused by such chat to say the least so the offenders get hammered and I get to sail merrily on my way. But still is a hassle to send in such reports, so I only send them when chat went majorly overboard.

The reports sent into support do help the game get less toxic, some friends and me Dev died to do an experiment in WIT Blitz and report any chat violations that definately were EULA violations, did this over the course of a month and we played heavily. And this was just after Wargaming started up that 5 strike penalty system. Well after that month for the next few months chat greatly improved, the players that loved informing enemy team of allied positions if they did not get their way vanished, and the quality of players improved as well lol. If things get too bad innWiws we might just have to do a little of this and let some of the players that are frequent source of toxicity in chat entire battke vanish or change their ways.

A more reasonable and constructive approach... I will try to adopt it, emphasis on "try". 

Beta Testers
848 posts
8,208 battles
7 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

LOL your chat has been interrupted. Like here in the forums it is meaning less.{ Multiple Accounts make easy access }What Player X says so can Player Y, one in the same.

well the ban reason says "complaints" so  that's just people hitting the "behaves badly in chat" not for specific language. 

Members
18,365 posts
5,241 battles
23 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

Isn't it 24 hours? 

For automated reports, yes. Submitted reports lead to bans of whatever length WG deems fit for what was said.

• Cool 1

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,017 posts
9,113 battles
50 minutes ago, KurganSPK said:

I shouldn't have returned punches as we know all those that retaliate get punished the most.  

No. You always hit back when someone is attacking you. Everyone has the right to defend themselves.

• Bad 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

No. You always hit back when someone is attacking you. Everyone has the right to defend themselves.

Said the mangled body of the responder.

[YORHA]
Members
3,361 posts
1 hour ago, SavageTactical said:

Shouldn't you be running the country and not posting nonsense on a video game website?

• Funny 2

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,859 battles

I wish I could just turn it off. I get frustrated when the team I am on loses a game we should have won but poor decisions by players cost us the game. I get salty so I wish I could turn off chat to remove the temptation to do so.

Members
1,866 posts
49 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I wish I could just turn it off. I get frustrated when the team I am on loses a game we should have won but poor decisions by players cost us the game. I get salty so I wish I could turn off chat to remove the temptation to do so.

Didn't you know you can turn off the chat? I never get salty though.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,859 battles
25 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Didn't you know you can turn off the chat? I never get salty though.

I don't think you can, I said I wish I could because I do not want to get salty with other people just because I am frustrated.

Members
1,866 posts
2 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I don't think you can, I said I wish I could because I do not want to get salty with other people just because I am frustrated.

It's just a setting.

Beta Testers
848 posts
8,208 battles

was just in three straight games were my team just sat outside of caps ... never tried to get one as we got steamrolled.... the urge to rage was real. Thank you chatban for making me a better person... :Smile_teethhappy:

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,166 posts
3,665 battles
4 hours ago, Turbotush said:

FIVE MONTHS!  Ye gads, what did you say? 

WG apparently takes no prisoners

• Funny 1