Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
l1nv5

To WG: Please get rid of this keeping 1 star in Ranked

63 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
Members
413 posts
6,085 battles

It's clearly a BB-CA/CLs favoritism mechanic, especially with current rewards/exp based primarily on damage dealt rather than how useful you are to the team. It's a MILLION times harder to keep your star while in DDs than when you are in BBs and CA/CLs (especially Zao and Hindenburg), you all know it, WG know it. It's a freaking unfair rule set that makes the game frustrating for DD mains. I used to have good BB/CA/CLs teammates in the first week of the ranked season, the game was so enjoyable but then as the game proceed, potato BBs/CA/CLs start to creep in and now as a decent DD main, I am dragged in this mess of stupid players. I can deal up to 100k damage but still lost a star because some BBs hang back and get some nice citadels. You can spot 100k damage, hit 1-2 torps, tank torpedoes and still lost star in a DD. The chance that you can keep your star in a loss in a DD is actually smaller than the chance that you can carry the match for the team. It's THAT serious. So WG, please reconsider.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[SYN]
Members
14,451 posts
10,440 battles

IDK, I feel that it favors DDs

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[CUTE]
Members
413 posts
6,085 battles
1 minute ago, MrDeaf said:

IDK, I feel that it favors DDs

How? Troll not welcomed.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

It is up to the player to get their star. If the BBs and CAs got good citadel hits, and you got no Torpedo Hits, that is your fault. If you don't get a lot of torpedo hits, that is your fault. If you die in the first three minutes, that is your fault. In the end, it is up to you and only you to get your damage so you can keep and earn your star.

Spoiler

My Asashio kept her stars for three battle because I survived and got my torpedo hits.

• Cool 2

[CUTE]
Members
413 posts
6,085 battles
Just now, Vangm94 said:

It is up to the player to get their star. If the BBs and CAs got good citadel hits, and you got no Torpedo Hits, that is your fault. If you don't get a lot of torpedo hits, that is your fault. If you die in the first three minutes, that is your fault. In the end, it is up to you and only you to get your damage so you can keep and earn your star.

Reveal hidden contents

My Asashio kept her stars for three battle because I survived and got my torpedo hits.

I could actively NOT spotting enemy ships AND go alone in a flank, torping ships so that I can make sure NO ONE in the team can have anything to shoot at. Shall I go that extreme just to prove a point?

• Cool 2

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,788 battles
2 minutes ago, l1nv5 said:

I could actively NOT spotting enemy ships AND go alone in a flank, torping ships so that I can make sure NO ONE in the team can have anything to shoot at. Shall I go that extreme just to prove a point?

You could do both? 

[SYN]
Members
14,451 posts
10,440 battles
5 minutes ago, l1nv5 said:

How? Troll not welcomed.

Because of easy cap points and relatively good XP from shooting red DDs and sinking them?

[CUTE]
Members
413 posts
6,085 battles
1 minute ago, TheHolySpork said:

You could do both? 

I don't want to? Because you know I hate risk losing my star

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
5 minutes ago, l1nv5 said:

You can go if you want to go. I prefer to SUPPORT my team with my DDs by providing them with a trail of SMOKE so they can fire in. I will go in as close as possible while SPOTTING and TORPEDO my enemies and I will RUNAWAY back into my smoke so that I do not die. I will provide a DISTRACTION so that the enemy fires at me so that they do not fire at my allies. That is what I do. You can do what you want to do but I know how to use my ships and make use of their advantage. Do you know how to make use of yours?

• Support
  • Smoke
  • Spot
  • Torpedo
  • Runaway
  • Distraction
Edited by Vangm94

[CUTE]
Members
413 posts
6,085 battles
1 minute ago, MrDeaf said:

Because of easy cap points and relatively good XP from shooting red DDs and sinking them?

Lol what cap point is easy? Imagining going C and hold the cap. Relatively good? very bad compared to damage dealt. That's final.

Edited by l1nv5
  • Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, l1nv5 said:

Lol what cap point is easy? Imagining going C and hold the cap. Relatively good? very bad compared to damage dealt. That's final.

Who says you need to hold it? Move on to the next objective.

Members
30 posts
953 battles

much easier to keep stars in DD.  I have kept my star in about 80% of ranked losses.  

You should probably get familiar with game mechanics and how caps work instead of complaining about BBs.  I have a feeling you are one of the DDs that flees to the far corners of the map, far away from the caps.

If you are only hitting 1 or 2 torpedos... that is awful.  I would go back to maybe tier 2 or tier 3 and learn the basics.  You are probably new to WoWs and don't realize there is more to it then sailing around looking at the pretty ocean.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
14,451 posts
10,440 battles
4 minutes ago, l1nv5 said:

Oh, well I guess that depends on player skill and what reds decide to come to the cap you went to.

Like if you take out 2 full HP DDs as a DD and get 2 caps, you're basically set.

It is a relatively easy ordeal if you know how to play DDs and bring a proper DD to contest caps. Kidd, Loyang, Harekaze, etc.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles

In every past season of rank saving stars was almost an exclusive activity of destroyers. To save a star in a battleship it would take like 4 full HP to 0 kills. To do it in a DD would take like 2 captures and 10,000 damage to an enemy DD.

OP says it's a BB mechanism and calls people trolls for disagreeing.

I think I'm going to have to call "low information poster." That's a polite way of saying anything from jackwagon to complete and utterly incompetent moron who is just upset about being bad and not getting to win for sucking.

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,405 posts
3,875 battles

HJVN0tv.png

From my experience, it looks like "keep a star for top performing when you lose" was already removed.

I'm particularly salty about this game. Our North Carolina had a prime opportunity to win-- He was 7km from the Atago (which had less than 1k hp) and 6km from the bow-on Alabama. So you'd expect him to spike the Atago and ram the Alabama, right? Double kill, victory, everyone hails the conquering hero?

Instead, he changed targets, bounced his salvo off Alabama, turned to avoid ramming, got wrecked, and left our Edinburgh in a 2v1 with a mostly intact Alabama and an Atago that ran into hiding as soon as he could.

Our NC threw the match for no goddamn reason.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Dorja said:

In every past season of rank saving starts was almost an exclusive activity of destroyers. To save a star in a battleship it would take like 4 full HP to 0 kills. To do it in a DD would take like 2 captures and 10,000 damage to an any DD.

OP says it's a BB mechanism and calls people trolls for disagreeing.

I think I'm going to have to call "low information poster." That's a polite way of saying anything from [edited] to complete and utterly incompetent moron who is just [edited] about being bad and not getting to win for sucking.

Keep in mind OP does not mention what Destroyer he is playing...

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Many Posts have been written about this.

WG has ignored all.

Why waste the effort? 

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Many Posts have been written about this.

WG has ignored all.

Why waste the effort? 

Because WG has a lot of Cargo to deal with 

Spoiler

:cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[BORK]
Members
256 posts
5,608 battles

Ive lead the losing team in DDs, CAs and BBs.

It doesnt seem like it favors any particular ship.

TBH im probably an average player and have no problem coming in first on a losing team no matter what ship im in.

Maybe OP was one of those DDs that I had in game that was playing behind cruisers and just shooting torps every 1:30 and not really capping or spotting anything the cruiser didnt already spot.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
Just now, MokrieDela said:

Ive lead the losing team in DDs, CAs and BBs.

It doesnt seem like it favors any particular ship.

TBH im probably an average player and have no problem coming in first on a losing team no matter what ship im in.

Maybe OP was one of those DDs that I had in game that was playing behind cruisers and just shooting torps every 1:30 and not really capping or spotting anything the cruiser didnt already spot.

No clue, he does not say what Destroyer he is in or how he is playing. He may well be doing what you described.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,217 battles
12 minutes ago, l1nv5 said:

Shall I go that extreme just to prove a point?

I don't know, but you might want to go that far to save a star. (sorry about the rhyme, it was unintentional)

10 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Because of easy cap points

In ranked?

11 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:
  • Support
  • Smoke
  • Spot
  • Torpedo
  • Runaway
  • Distraction

How many of these activities are rewarded in ranked battles? I mean, sure; since they all contribute to your team winning then, in a way, you are rewarded, but not with XP which I think is what OP is complaining about. And Jingles video of today does give an excellent example of how NOT to play your BB in ranked (or any other type of battle, either)

[TASH]
Members
5,016 posts
8,094 battles

And so if you remove the keeping-the-1-star from the game what is the incentive to try and salvage a losing team?

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

I don't know, but you might want to go that far to save a star. (sorry about the rhyme, it was unintentional)

In ranked?

How many of these activities are rewarded in ranked battles? I mean, sure; since they all contribute to your team winning then, in a way, you are rewarded, but not with XP which I think is what OP is complaining about. And Jingles video of today does give an excellent example of how NOT to play your BB in ranked (or any other type of battle, either)

With how close I am willing to get, it means my torpedoes are more likely to hit, and if we lose I keep my own star. Support supports support in supporting the support that is supporting support while supporting support. That is how you win... or at least how you keep your star.

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,788 battles
18 minutes ago, l1nv5 said:

I don't want to? Because you know I hate risk losing my star

But you suggested that torping ships would help you keep a star.

I mean, you can just continue complaining, too. Up to you.

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
2 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

And so if you remove the keeping-the-1-star from the game what is the incentive to try and salvage a losing team?

This

Sign in to follow this