Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Sir_Josh

USS North Caralinia

9 comments in this topic

[-HC-]
Members
3 posts
1,258 battles

I have had the ship for a few months now and I don’t even wanna touch it anymore. Reason being is I only loose money on the ship I never gain anything. 

Does anyone have any tips as in how to make money on it and win easy. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles

Umm get premium time, use the -10% to Repair cost Flag, get the premium camo, Mount +20% to credits earned flags. If you do all these things then you should do much better in games as far as credits go.

Members
4,827 posts
5,599 battles

How are you playing this ship? Are you alive late in a match? Do you die off early? What kind of damage are you dealing on average? Are you aggressive or not? Which captain skills are you using(and how many points does he have)? What modules have you equipped? And is your NC still stock?

These are all questions that would need to be answered before anyone can give tips on how to play her better. Otherwise, any advice and tips are just shots in the dark and may not help improve your performance in NC.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles

Does NC have permanent camo? If yes, this would be a good place to start.

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

NC is a great ship. I make bank on it all the time. You must not be playing it right. It's a brawler, but not as good as Colorado. Play somewhat ranged and snipe them citadels. Blow up CAs and target DDs. BBs are afraid of it even. Just make sure you don't show side or you'll get blown up in return.

[S_B]
Members
416 posts
10,752 battles

NC can be painfull at times till she is fully upgraded. Like others said use camo, flags, -10% damage, premium damage control etc. It's best to stay bow on and use the 2 front turrets unless you know your full broadside won't be exposed to enemy return fire. She is not a brawler so don't play her like one. She needs at least a 10pt captain so you can take advantage of both the captain skill CE and concealment upgrade mod. It took me a while to get used to her and have decent games. I don't expect to do 100K damage everytime especially if I'm uptiered against Tier X ships. She'll grow on you in time.

Edited by dust340man

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,785 battles
9 hours ago, Umikami said:

Does NC have permanent camo? If yes, this would be a good place to start.

Aye. She gets access to the Type 18 permanent camo which reduces the service cost of the North Carolina by 10% in addition to a few other perks. It normally costs 3,000 doubloons. WG just had a 40% off sale on camo, but I don't think that is still going on.

Beta Testers
87 posts
4,076 battles

I never really understood why people buy the the permanent camo on ships that aren't tier X. If you go to the signal flag section of the premium shop, you can buy hundreds of -10% repair flags for the same price as the camo. Also, if you have been playing as long as me, you probably have hundreds of +100% XP camos lying around and probably don't need to buy a bunch of flags anyway.

About the NC playstyle, I have always had success in the NC and Bama when I hover about 12-16km from enemy cruisers and battleships. This seems to be the ideal range for your guns, and staying at this range for most of the battle does not put your ship in danger unless you show too much broadside. Once you have a clear advantage, close the distance on the remaining targets and keep angled to ensure that you don't waste your hp.

Edited by neworleanssaintsfan

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,559 posts
3,539 battles

Out of the Bismarck, Amagi and NC that I currently own, the NC is the most capable in a T10 match because of its mix of hard hitting guns, accuracy (once you get used to the shell velocity that is), concealment and maneuverability. The Amagi has fantastic guns but she can be seen from 5 light-years away. The Bismarck is the best top tier because it's a bully but suffers bottom tier because no one comes within secondary range and her guns leave allot to be desired

That said her concealment is her most important attribute, she has soft sides so using her bow is important but don't just sit there trying to bow on because you will burn to death. Use your concealment to get out of trouble and to move around the map

Sign in to follow this