Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

GeForce Now Beta - World of Warships is there!

9 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I mentioned this option in the past few months... nobody seemed interested. But WOW I finally got tapped for the BETA testing of GeForce Now and let me tell you. The graphics are spectacular... 

I'll let you know how it plays, etc... i'm off to work now... but man it looks awesome. 

• Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

GEForce Now is (more or less) a service which runs games at very high resolution, piping them to your device. They require you have at least a 25mb Internet connection. Its in beta now, i finally got into the beta and all I can say is WOW. 

My laptop is an Asus K53E w/intel graphics chip onboard (3000 I think). I can never run WoWS at anything higher than low, low, low. 

Starting GEForce Now, then connecting to Steam then starting the game, it started at a 1024 x resolution. I changed it to full laptop spec 1366 x whatever and it looks flaming gorgeous with everything graphically set to the "high end" of the graphics options available in WoWS. What is happening is the heavy lifting for the graphics occurs on their servers/system, not my laptop. The hi-res graphics are amazing on my laptop. 

I did notice the user control file is not invoked, meaning my mouse buttons and such were not used. An easy matter to config it within the GE Force Now environment I'm sure. 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/geforce-now/mac-pc/ for a better explanation. 

Seriously, a huge game changer, which for now, in beta, is free. One day I'm sure there will be a monthly service fee. However, the advantage is you no longer have to buy a high-end gaming system. I'm very pleased with it so far... next few days of hammering it will tell me for sure if it's as solid as its first impression. 

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

So it's working amazingly well... it's reporting 60FPS of serving the game to me... WoWS tho is slightly different. Man the game looks nice. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

It's pretty nice actually... boot it up today and no need to worry about the update, as "their" version is already updated. @WolfofWarship, you  might actually want to talk to devs about it, as it can open up the game to players who otherwise might not want to play the game. 

I have to admit, I was surprised to find the game as part of their beta. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,466 posts
2,414 battles

I signed up.  I'm running 15-18 fps at Medium, 1920x1200.  I'm more interested in rendering alacrity that res.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I can only say so far major improvements. I'm on a k53E i5 asus laptop from oh, 2008... intel 3000 onboard graphics chip. If I connect directly I'm running ultra low graphics and get 20 to 30 fps. 

Doing it this way, i'm on high for nearly every graphic setting, averaging 30 to 60 fps. You have to have a reliable hi-speed net connection (which we do have). Last night a couple of times it got really boggy... but I suspect that was on our neck of the woods do to some bad weather. It's fine tonight. 

I have no idea on their final price plan but as I say, it's in Beta now and free. So have at it. I figure the more the merrier. 

Sign in to follow this