Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

TNX WG - most-good-best idea in ranked is best dmg dealer is not punished!

23 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
727 posts
8,129 battles

TNX WG - most-good-best idea in ranked is best dmg dealer is not punished!

There are too many offliners so far, so this best dmg dealers benefit saves A LOT of my day when my team lose. Ranked battle is now much much more interesting.

[SIDE]
Beta Testers
111 posts

If you're talking about the highest EXP earning player on the losing team keeps a star.  It's been that way for some time now!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

Said "What the heck" and tried a ranked last night in the New Orleans...

I'm the only radar cruiser -- other team has a Kutuzov.

Nobody suggests anything so I call the plan.

Our Asashio decided to go the other way on their own plan (that didn't involve capping).

Other DD and I push the plan.  We have 4 camping BBs that haven't moved since spawn.

I twice ask them to 'Move Up'  - and I said, please.  There is random long-distance exchanges of fire.

I citadel the Kutuzov 4 times for 1/4 of it's health...  (huh ???  Scratched it's paint??)  Draw intense fire as I kite away towards the battleship campground.

Towards the end..  They have 2 caps and are winning.  Our Asashio derped and died.  Enemy Akizuki gets bold and charges.  I hit radar and hydro, then plant 14  - 8" HE into it for 1/2 health (Huh ??  Scratching more paint ??).  Meanwhile, I'm focused and dead.  Our other DD must have launched 3 dozen torpedoes with no success.

So I'm the top player and don't lose my level #19 star.

Give it another week....  I might come back.

• Funny 1

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

I've seen 2 people in a Random Battle that were Rank 1..how did they get there so fast?!  They must have some mad carrying skills to get there that quick. :cap_wander_2:

[SF-3]
Members
1,531 posts
8,120 battles
25 minutes ago, Rpkscout1 said:

I've seen 2 people in a Random Battle that were Rank 1..how did they get there so fast?!  They must have some mad carrying skills to get there that quick. :cap_wander_2:

Unicums. People pulling 60+ WR in ranked. This allows them to get R1 sub 100 games, which is only a couple of days hard work.

[YORHA]
Members
3,328 posts
4 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Unicums. People pulling 60+ WR in ranked. This allows them to get R1 sub 100 games, which is only a couple of days hard work.

And no lives...

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
727 posts
4,153 battles
13 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

And no lives...

Is there a problem with people having time and playing the game?
In fact, I know multiple rank ones, and they've got lives. Very good lives. :p

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles
19 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

And no lives...

100 games into a couple days means no lives.

Average 15 min/battle == 96 battles a day...  that's a 24 hour day with no sleep or rest.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles

If there are a couple of players who got to rank one this quick, all I can say is CONGRATS and please teach me. I am a 1200-1300 WTR player but want to take that next step and am looking for help.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,216 battles

I keep seeing the title TNX WG and reading it as TNG WG.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,216 battles
1 hour ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

of course have a problem, you dont think some of us can be jealous sometimes for free time? :P

[DAY]
Members
1,179 posts
11,734 battles
1 hour ago, JCC45 said:

And no lives...

i get home from school at ~5pm

3 games from 5 till dinner, finish dinner/dish/take out garbage at ~7pm

usually can manage ~20 more games before i close game client at midnight

(that being said, i'll be super happy if i can reach r1 in under 200 games/10 nights)

Edited by jason199506

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,233 battles
2 hours ago, Rpkscout1 said:

Its easy if you actually know how to play. Im 5.2 and my friend is 2.4

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,233 battles
44 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

If there are a couple of players who got to rank one this quick, all I can say is CONGRATS and please teach me. I am a 1200-1300 WTR player but want to take that next step and am looking for help.

What ships do you have at t8/10 also what play style

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,233 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

100 games into a couple days means no lives.

Average 15 min/battle == 96 battles a day...  that's a 24 hour day with no sleep or rest.

Done that a couple times

[-K-]
Members
5,270 posts
9,108 battles

When does Ranked season end?

Members
18,235 posts
5,205 battles
1 hour ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

Yes. I'm jealous lol. Other than a couple three games at lunch some days, I only get to play by giving up sleep.

I honestly don't know how someone could keep up that pace day after day and have a life, but a week or so here and there, when there's a particular reason to grind, why not?

And really, "a life" means different things to different people. When I was single, I played games from the time I got home from work, until midnight or so during the week, and on Sundays from wake & bake to bedtime, same thing.

But a lot of weekdays, I'd drop by a buddy's house after work for a couple beers, and one of my friends had a nondescript-looking house in an average neighbourhood, with a backyard entertainment setup right out of a movie. We called the place "Hollywood East", and when he called to inform me of the usual Saturday party, I dropped everything and went. The 3 [edited] were abundant, and I basically had a guest room there.

I didn't have a significant other at the time, but there were many others of significance.:Smile_teethhappy:

Now that I have a wife and daughter, and a house of my own, I look back on that and shake my head. But at the time, I couldn't have imagined a better life.

It's all in the eye of the beholder.

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles

Yesterday I had a Yamato on my team that would just run to the back of the map and pop off shots from the A line the entire game. People don't realize how important a BB supporting somewhat close is. He just knew that if he sat in the back and did damage he would keep his star. No ship can compete with that. If your team destroys all the red DD's and in the end it is a Yamato vs just cruisers and BB's, he will do a ton of damage before they take him down. Therefore he keeps a star. Almost an easy trip up the rank system. Do tons of damage while not risking your ship. Either your team carries you or you do enough damage to save a star.

[YORHA]
Members
3,328 posts
2 hours ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

1 hour ago, KonigstigerVII said:

Image result for jealous much gif

51 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

i get home from school at ~5pm

3 games from 5 till dinner, finish dinner/dish/take out garbage at ~7pm

usually can manage ~20 more games before i close game client at midnight

(that being said, i'll be super happy if i can reach r1 in under 200 games/10 nights)

b6459864891f93e201eb300894a66548.jpg

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
1 hour ago, JessieTheKitty said:

What ships do you have at t8/10 also what play style

As far as Battleship at T-8 I have Alabama, North Carolina, Tirpitz, Bismarck, Richelieu, Gascogne. T-9 Missouri, Alsace, Lion. T-10 Montana, Yamato, Kurfurst, Republique. Cruisers T-8 Kutuzov, Hipper, Prinz Eugen, New Orleans T-10 Moskva, Des Moines

As far as cruisers go I do not play them enough to expect to be at a Unicom level. In Battleships, I am more of a front-line player. I like to partner with Destroyers and Cruisers and push the caps, play the objective. If I have a destroyer on my team contesting a cap with an enemy destroyer I will fire on that destroyer, trying to give my destroyer an advantage in a knife fight. I will bully cruisers as much as I can. The quicker I can get them out of the game the better. Lastly, I will shoot at Battleships if there is not a destroyer that is spotted or a cruiser offering a chance to hit it for big damage.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
7,233 battles
21 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

As far as Battleship at T-8 I have Alabama, North Carolina, Tirpitz, Bismarck, Richelieu, Gascogne. T-9 Missouri, Alsace, Lion. T-10 Montana, Yamato, Kurfurst, Republique. Cruisers T-8 Kutuzov, Hipper, Prinz Eugen, New Orleans T-10 Moskva, Des Moines

As far as cruisers go I do not play them enough to expect to be at a Unicom level. In Battleships, I am more of a front-line player. I like to partner with Destroyers and Cruisers and push the caps, play the objective. If I have a destroyer on my team contesting a cap with an enemy destroyer I will fire on that destroyer, trying to give my destroyer an advantage in a knife fight. I will bully cruisers as much as I can. The quicker I can get them out of the game the better. Lastly, I will shoot at Battleships if there is not a destroyer that is spotted or a cruiser offering a chance to hit it for big damage.

Kutuzov is great for ranked, love my edin. However nc is great too. Best ship in tx proving to me anyways would be dm

Sign in to follow this