You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

26 comments in this topic

[STW-M]
Members
2,065 posts
5,874 battles

So I've heard that a lot of people are complaining about the difficulty of the nation-restricted mission required to unlock the special Russian captain.

The problem with playing solo, however, is that so many people bring out Russian ships means that there's a dearth of German or Japanese ships to actually sink.

Yet, with a bit of collaboration and compromise (and trust—can't have one guy running off after finishing his own kills), one can massively reduce the effort needed to achieve said goal.

This strategy involves exploiting the mirror-match function of co-op to guarantee that there would be at least one German/IJN ship on the opposing team.

1. One player takes out a tier 6+ Russian ship, the others take either German or IJN, depending on what nation is needed.
  2. Enter battle as a division in co-op. Now you have at least 1 German/Japanese ship to sink.
  3. After each battle, the players rotate on who's playing the Russian ship and who's playing the Axis ships.
  4. Continue until all players have achieved the necessary kills, swapping German or IJN ships and rotating position as necessary.

With this strategy, my div-mate (who had only started the mission with 1 kill in each category) and I (who had started out completely blank) managed to finish the entire mission within about 1-2 hours of co-op battles. I finished first and then kept playing German until he got the final necessary kill

Sometimes, it pays to take turns.

• Cool 2

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
15 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

So I've heard that a lot of people are complaining about the difficulty of the nation-restricted mission required to unlock the special Russian captain.

The problem with playing solo, however, is that so many people bring out Russian ships means that there's a dearth of German or Japanese ships to actually sink.

Yet, with a bit of collaboration and compromise (and trust—can't have one guy running off after finishing his own kills), one can massively reduce the effort needed to achieve said goal.

This strategy involves exploiting the mirror-match function of co-op to guarantee that there would be at least one German/IJN ship on the opposing team.

1. One player takes out a tier 6+ Russian ship, the others take either German or IJN, depending on what nation is needed.
  2. Enter battle as a division in co-op. Now you have at least 1 German/Japanese ship to sink.
  3. After each battle, the players rotate on who's playing the Russian ship and who's playing the Axis ships.
  4. Continue until all players have achieved the necessary kills, swapping German or IJN ships and rotating position as necessary.

With this strategy, my div-mate (who had only started the mission with 1 kill in each category) and I (who had started out completely blank) managed to finish the entire mission within about 1-2 hours of co-op battles. I finished first and then kept playing German until he got the final necessary kill

Some might call this insider trading, or its a form of cheating to stack the odds so a mission can be done.  

You yourself use the word "exploit" ( to use (someone or something) in a way that helps you unfairly ),

So are you saying to the community it is ok to exploit the game,  are we to assume your clan would accept you exploiting?

Edited by CriMiNaL__
redacted the word cheater
  • Bad 3

[STW-M]
Members
2,065 posts
5,874 battles
35 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Some might call this insider trading, or its a form of cheating to stack the odds so a mission can be done.  

You yourself use the word "exploit" ( to use (someone or something) in a way that helps you unfairly ),

So are you saying to the community it is ok to exploit the game, or simply cheat.  Are we to assume your clan would accept you exploiting?

Well, nothing in the WG EULA says anything against this type of gameplay, does it?

The difference between exploitation and cheating is that exploitation is about working within and around the rules to create advantages, while cheating is simply breaking said rules.

Cancer divisioning like Saipan—Atlanta—Belfast is perfectly accepted as rule-abiding, if unfair, in the game, anyways. Perhaps stacking the deck, but no laws or rules, either in-game or out-of-game, were violated. This is little different, only instead of stacking the MM so that the friendly team gets a lot of broken ships, MM is stacked to ensure that there are certain ships on the enemy team. 

STW-D has no objections to this type of play, I can guarantee you that, having divisioned with clanmates in AA ships as an Enterprise myself and massacring tier 6-8 matches. Perhaps it reflects poorly on one's individual skill, but again, hardly illegal. In the end, after all, a division is only as good as its players: a <800 wtr cancer 3-man division will still lose to a team of 3 solo 1100+ wtr players, no matter the ships.

What STW-D, and the community by large, DO object to is the use of illegal mods and similar cheats that break the rules of the game. Things like mods that indicate shell hit locations, torpedo paths, and aiming points are all illegal. These cheats throw out any skill within the game, allowing even potatoes to potentially dominate a much better player.

Frankly, I think you're trolling, but if not, I highly recommend that you bring this up with the rest of the community, and see the reaction.

You are welcome to bring it up with a mod or WG staff, but I highly doubt any punishment will be meted out. Ironic, considering your username.

[TCANS]
Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles

There’s nothing wrong with this tip. It’s just a way to get the needed nations on the bot team. Very clever. You still have to hunt and kill them. 

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
1,446 posts
6,796 battles

This is why the poor are poor and the rich are rich. The rich look for advantage's. The poor look for excuses. 

• Cool 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
3 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Or you sam simply do two operations Raptor Rescue, which is all Japanese bot's and Killer Whale which is all German vessels. Two ops and your quest is over no fuss no muss.

• Cool 4

[STW-M]
Members
2,065 posts
5,874 battles
Just now, Belthorian said:

Or you sam simply do two operations Raptor Rescue, which is all Japanese bot's and Killer Whale which is all German vessels. Two ops and your quest is over no fuss no muss.

True, but it's a bit more difficult when the only ship one has to complete this mission is the tier 7 dd Minsk.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

Well, nothing in the WG EULA says anything against this type of gameplay, does it?

The difference between exploitation and cheating is that exploitation is about

, while cheating is simply breaking said rules.

Cancer divisioning like Saipan—Atlanta—Belfast is perfectly accepted as rule-abiding, if unfair, in the game, anyways. Perhaps stacking the deck, but no laws or rules, either in-game or out-of-game, were violated. This is little different, only instead of stacking the MM so that the friendly team gets a lot of broken ships, MM is stacked to ensure that there are certain ships on the enemy team. 

STW-D has no objections to this type of play, I can guarantee you that, having divisioned with clanmates in AA ships as an Enterprise myself and massacring tier 6-8 matches. Perhaps it reflects poorly on one's individual skill, but again, hardly illegal. In the end, after all, a division is only as good as its players: a <800 wtr cancer 3-man division will still lose to a team of 3 solo 1100+ wtr players, no matter the ships.

What STW-D, and the community by large, DO object to is the use of illegal mods and similar cheats that break the rules of the game. Things like mods that indicate shell hit locations, torpedo paths, and aiming points are all illegal. These cheats throw out any skill within the game, allowing even potatoes to potentially dominate a much better player.

Frankly,

You are welcome to bring it up with a mod or WG staff, but I highly doubt any punishment will be meted out. Ironic, considering your username.

5 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

This strategy involves exploiting the mirror-match function of co-op to guarantee that there would be at least one German/IJN ship on the opposing team

The Op clearly states exploiting the mirror function, 

the definition of exploit - to use (someone or something) in a way that helps you unfairly ),

Cancer divisioning like Saipan—Atlanta—Belfast is perfectly accepted as rule-abiding,

You might not like it but they are not stating in the forums to openly exploit a game mechanic.  Please highlight how the ships in your quote are exploiting the game, cancerous or not, 3 ships that could be bought at one time or another in the shop.

I think you're trolling, but if not, I highly recommend that you bring this up with the rest of the community, and see the reaction.

I'm not trolling at all, I responded because people think it is ok to exploit a game mechanic for advantage, because they cannot complete a simple mission set out by WG

exploitation is about working within and around the rules to create advantages

the definition of exploit - to use (someone or something) in a way that helps you unfairly ),

It is funny in the above quote "working within and around the rules"

Ironic, considering your username.

A game tag does not define the person, what defines the person, is their actions in the game.

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Bad 1

Members
9,974 posts

Wasn't that hard to complete paying normally, not sure why people are making such a fuss over finding targets.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
16 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Wasn't that hard to complete paying normally, not sure why people are making such a fuss over finding targets.

Because people who can play the game normally, do not have this problem.

The people who complain about it, are the ones who want it handed to them for nothing.

• Bad 1

[TCANS]
Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles

Dude!! Get a grip!  You're making a big deal out of nothing because he used a particular word.  Just because he used the word "exploit" (which, by the way, has a much larger semantic field than the dictionary definition you keep quoting) doesn't make what he's doing wrong.  And dictionaries aren't legislative bodies.  They don't determine the meaning of a word...they just try to record its meaning from actual use.

Bottom line, get over the fact that he used a word that rustles your jimmies and recognize that he's not doing anything at all illegitimate.  Everyone can form divisions and play in Co-op however they want to.  And if your division friends want to let you shoot a particular nation bot, well what's wrong with that?!

Just using a word to label something doesn't make it that thing!  I could call you a moron, for instance.  Does that make you a moron?  He called it an "exploit."  That doesn't make it "unfair" just because you can find a dictionary definition with the word "unfair" in it defining "exploit."  If it will make you happy, I'm sure he can change the label to "strategy" and then you can chillax!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
250 posts
8,297 battles
3 hours ago, Belthorian said:

This guy got it, form a 7man division with your clan mates who also need to get this task done, everyone choose the budyonny and farm the bots. This way, everyone can progress in the same match, so it won't be as time consuming (remember to let your friends get the kills once you already got your three! lol)

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
1 minute ago, Griphos said:

Dude!! Get a grip!  You're making a big deal out of nothing because he used a particular word.  Just because he used the word "exploit" (which, by the way, has a much larger semantic field than the dictionary definition you keep quoting) doesn't make what he's doing wrong.  And dictionaries aren't legislative bodies.  They don't determine the meaning of a word...they just try to record its meaning from actual use.

Bottom line, get over the fact that he used a word that rustles your jimmies and recognize that he's not doing anything at all illegitimate.  Everyone can form divisions and play in Co-op however they want to.  And if your division friends want to let you shoot a particular nation bot, well what's wrong with that?!

Just using a word to label something doesn't make it that thing!  I could call you a moron, for instance.  Does that make you a moron?  He called it an "exploit."  That doesn't make it "unfair" just because you can find a dictionary definition with the word "unfair" in it defining "exploit."  If it will make you happy, I'm sure he can change the label to "strategy" and then you can chillax!

If the Op wants to edit his post that is fine, in fact he should.  But seeing as your an avid defender of this you must recognise that your one who would try to win unfairly, so in a sense, you would stoop to a low level to gain an achievement.

If I quote from a dictionary at least I never made anything up, if you would like to quote from a dictionary the other meanings of the word exploit in the correct context of what the OP is referring to I would like to see it.

Yes you can call me a moron by all means, people often lash out at others and say things like this, the reasons, mostly insecurity, and knowing they're just wrong, as they have no valid argument. 

I guess I have a higher value of competing / competition, than some, others look for the exploits.

• Bad 2

[WOLF2]
Members
891 posts
7,244 battles
7 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I saw this yesterday in Co-op.   

I know that the div is playing a German boat to give his div mate a kill for his mission.

Now the quandary.... I'm in my Budy, trying to get me a German ship too.     The divisioned player and I have the only two Russian botes.   I need that German boat too.    Talk about a kill steal.

That said, I recognized it, and wasn't going to step over him to steal the kill.   I'd only engage if 1) he died or 2) if he's on one side of the map, and the German bot is on my side.

He made my choice easy - he died early.    I sunk the German bot.

• Cool 2

[TCANS]
Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles
ex·ploit
verb

ikˈsploit/
  1. 1.
    make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).

noun

ˈekˌsploit/
    a bold or daring feat.

mo·ron
    ˈmôrˌän/
    noun
    informal

1. a stupid person.
      synonyms: fool, idiot, [edited], blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, clod
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
11 minutes ago, Griphos said:
ex·ploit
verb

ikˈsploit/
  1. 1.
    make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).

noun

ˈekˌsploit/
    a bold or daring feat.

mo·ron
    ˈmôrˌän/
    noun
    informal

1. a stupid person.
      synonyms: fool, idiot, [edited], blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, clod

I'm glad you gave the description of the bottom word, it perfectly describes you, for trying to find a different meaning for the word exploit that the OP is referring to, that is neither bold or daring.  You should give up son, your argument is nothing more than pandering your inability to do a mission without exploiting it. The definition of exploit - to use (someone or something) in a way that helps you unfairly ), used in the right context of what the OP is saying.

I am sure if we looked at the meaning of moron, we would find a picture of you.

• Bad 3

[TCANS]
Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles
ad ho·mi·nem
ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adverb & adjective

1. 1.
    (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.[2]
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TCANS]
Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles

And, actually, in the context (which you keep pointing out), the term is employed as a verb, so the correct definition would be: "make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)"

And that's exactly what the OP was describing how to do.  

For someone so inordinately fond of the dictionary, I notice you're very selective in actual use of it.  (Pro tip: don't use big words to sound smart unless you know what they mean and use them correctly).  

Pro dictionary lesson: when more than one meaning is given in a dictionary, the first given is the most common meaning, and those following are less common or are secondary meanings.  Let's use the dictionary you used (to be fair to you):

exploit

verb  ex·ploit  \ ik-ˈsplȯit , ˈek-ˌsplȯit \

Definition of exploit

1: to make productive use of : utilize  
2: to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage 
  • Boring 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
1 minute ago, Griphos said:

And, actually, in the context (which you keep pointing out), the term is employed as a verb, so the correct definition would be: "make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource)"

And that's exactly what the OP was describing how to do.  

For someone so inordinately fond of the dictionary, I notice you're very selective in actual use of it.  (Pro tip: don't use big words to sound smart unless you know what they mean and use them correctly).  

You will defend this I see till the cows come home, that's fine, If you feel the need to exploit the game mechanics no one can stop you, but it is sad to think that you have to.  I can see you will be one of these players running to the forums every time something is to hard, OP, broken or I turned pink kind of people. 

You can twist this however you like to make yourself feel good about it.

17 minutes ago, Griphos said:
ad ho·mi·nem
ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adverb & adjective

1. 1.
    (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

Ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.[2]

It's nice you put this here, 

5 hours ago, Griphos said:

He called it an "exploit."  That doesn't make it "unfair" just because you can find a dictionary definition with the word "unfair" in it defining "exploit.

Generally in the world of gaming the word is used to describe exactly that, doesn't matter what other meanings you can come up with, when you use the word "exploit", some games if your found to exploit game mechanics can have sever consequences for your account.

In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.[1] Exploits have been classified as a form of cheating; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversial. This debate stems from a number of factors but typically involves the argument that the issues are part of the game and require no changes or external programs to take advantage of them.[2]

Whether an exploit is considered a cheat, or all exploits are cheats, is a matter of widespread debate that varies between genres, games, and other factors. The distinction is important as it decides how the developers and community responds to the issue and to the players who exploit the issue. On the one hand exploits can be considered illegitimate cheats that the developers should address and exploiters should be banned, while on the other hand exploits can be considered simply part of the game.

Arguments in favor of the cheating view involve the spirit of the game and the potentially damaging effects of the exploit on the game's community.[3][4] While the rules or game code may not explicitly disallow a specific exploit, it may be seen that using that exploit goes against the spirit of the game.[3] The potential damage of an exploit on a game has been described by a World of Warcraft community manager as "devastating".[4]

12 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

This strategy involves exploiting the mirror-match function

How is this a bold and daring feat?  I guess if you feel the need to do this, your a sad person.

• Bad 3

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,775 battles
5 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

If the Op wants to edit his post that is fine, in fact he should.  But seeing as your an avid defender of this you must recognise that your one who would try to win unfairly, so in a sense, you would stoop to a low level to gain an achievement.

If I quote from a dictionary at least I never made anything up, if you would like to quote from a dictionary the other meanings of the word exploit in the correct context of what the OP is referring to I would like to see it.

Yes you can call me a moron by all means, people often lash out at others and say things like this, the reasons, mostly insecurity, and knowing they're just wrong, as they have no valid argument. 

I guess I have a higher value of competing / competition, than some, others look for the exploits.

First and foremost, I'm against cheating when it comes to games, but while there is nothing wrong if a person wants to hold himself or herself to a certain idealistic standard when playing a game a certain way, if another person or group of people are playing within the rules of the game to achieve a goal, mission, or win, just because you don't like how they do so doesn't give you the right to try and force your ideology on them and call them "cheaters."

Second, players division-ing up with a combination of Russian, German, and IJN ship is not an exploit to complete the mission nor is it a cheat. Please show me in the EULA or where WG has stated that players cannot division up to complete the End of WWII in Europe Marathon? Even division-ing up in Co-Op with the aforementioned combination of ships does not guarantee that the player sailing the Russian vessel will get the kill(s) on the German and IJN ships. Saying that a group of people that does so is exploiting the game, that is akin to saying that anyone who runs a German or IJN ships solo in Co-Op and Random since May 4th is also exploiting the game and mission because you are giving an opponent an increased chance to shoot and kill those vessels.

What about people who run 7 man divisions to play the Killer Whale Operation in Scenario battle mode to get kills on the German ships or in Raptor Rescue for the IJN? Are those people also exploiting the game even though WG clearly states that the mission can be completed in Operation Scenarios as well as Co-Op and Random battle modes?

And while @Griphos should not have called you a moron IMO, your statement comes off as a wee bit "trollish" @CriMiNaL__ in that you pretty much came out of the gate with the mudslinging by calling @Avenge_December_7 and his clan cheaters for promoting teamwork within the rules of WoWs in a game where one's success is based on good teamwork. 

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
3 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

First and foremost, I'm against cheating when it comes to games, but while there is nothing wrong if a person wants to hold himself or herself to a certain idealistic standard when playing a game a certain way, if another person or group of people are playing within the rules of the game to achieve a goal, mission, or win, just because you don't like how they do so doesn't give you the right to try and force your ideology on them and call them "cheaters."

Second, players division-ing up with a combination of Russian, German, and IJN ship is not an exploit to complete the mission nor is it a cheat. Please show me in the EULA or where WG has stated that players cannot division up to complete the End of WWII in Europe Marathon? Even division-ing up in Co-Op with the aforementioned combination of ships does not guarantee that the player sailing the Russian vessel will get the kill(s) on the German and IJN ships. Saying that a group of people that does so is exploiting the game, that is akin to saying that anyone who runs a German or IJN ships solo in Co-Op and Random since May 4th is also exploiting the game and mission because you are giving an opponent an increased chance to shoot and kill those vessels.

What about people who run 7 man divisions to play the Killer Whale Operation in Scenario battle mode to get kills on the German ships or in Raptor Rescue for the IJN? Are those people also exploiting the game even though WG clearly states that the mission can be completed in Operation Scenarios as well as Co-Op and Random battle modes?

And while @Griphos should not have called you a moron IMO, your statement comes off as a wee bit "trollish" @CriMiNaL__ in that you pretty much came out of the gate with the mudslinging by calling @Avenge_December_7 and his clan cheaters for promoting teamwork within the rules of WoWs in a game where one's success is based on good teamwork. 

What appears to you to be a bit "trollish" is my objection to laying over and accepting this is in the best spirit of the game, that players cannot do a simple mission.

13 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

This strategy involves exploiting the mirror-match function of co-op to guarantee

I have every right to raise an objection to a line like this^.  My views might not be what others want to hear, but when I see that, to me, why play a game if you feel you have to do that.

16 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Generally in the world of gaming the word is used to describe exactly that, doesn't matter what other meanings you can come up with, when you use the word "exploit", some games if your found to exploit game mechanics can have sever consequences for your account.

In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.[1] Exploits have been classified as a form of cheating; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversial. This debate stems from a number of factors but typically involves the argument that the issues are part of the game and require no changes or external programs to take advantage of them.[2]

Whether an exploit is considered a cheat, or all exploits are cheats, is a matter of widespread debate that varies between genres, games, and other factors. The distinction is important as it decides how the developers and community responds to the issue and to the players who exploit the issue. On the one hand exploits can be considered illegitimate cheats that the developers should address and exploiters should be banned, while on the other hand exploits can be considered simply part of the game.

Arguments in favor of the cheating view involve the spirit of the game and the potentially damaging effects of the exploit on the game's community.[3][4] While the rules or game code may not explicitly disallow a specific exploit, it may be seen that using that exploit goes against the spirit of the game.[3] The potential damage of an exploit on a game has been described by a World of Warcraft community manager as "devastating".[4]

I guess you can take out of it what you like, this^^ is a good explanation, if my view is that it is a form of cheating then this above statement, backs that claim, if you say it is not I would say it backs it as well, so each opinion is subjective to how you are interpreting all of this.

"It may be seen that using that exploit goes against the spirit of the game,"  I guess we are only about the reward, and not how you got there to get it.

14 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

by calling @Avenge_December_7 and his clan cheaters

• Bad 2

[WOLFB]
Members
339 posts
3,503 battles

This is stupid, all the OP is doing is completing a mission, he has a faster way to do it, just like playing Raptor Rescue or Killer Whale. Who is being hurt by this?  How is this a problem, if he completes the mission in 5 fewer battles how exactly does that have any impact on any other players.

This isn't an aim bot, or something that would have a negative effect on other players. He started this thread to share an idea that would help other players to finish missions faster. This is not cheating, not even remotely close, 'oh the poor victim's of this exploit', except there are no victims, just whiners trying to create drama.

• Cool 3

[TCANS]
Beta Testers
127 posts
870 battles

I'd just like to point out for the record that I didn't call anyone a moron.  I simply used that as an example of the fact that calling something by a particular name doesn't make it true.  And, in this particular case, calling something an exploit, even in the context of a video game, doesn't make it unfair.  What the OP meant is simply:

This strategy involves exploiting using the mirror-match function of co-op to guarantee...

For pete's sake!  All the OP is saying is that if you division up with folks and one of them takes a German or IJN ship, then you know that there will be a German or IJN ship to shoot at rather than just waiting to see if there might be.  The only thing happening here is increasing the odds for an appropriate target since everyone doing this mission is likely to be out in Russian ships.  You still have to shoot it and kill it, using nothing but your skill (and highly developed sense of honor)!!  

The only thing "sad" in this thread is obvious to everyone but the person making it sad.  

• Cool 3

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,775 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

What appears to you to be a bit "trollish" is my objection to laying over and accepting this is in the best spirit of the game, that players cannot do a simple mission.

I have every right to raise an objection to a line like this^.  My views might not be what others want to hear, but when I see that, to me, why play a game if you feel you have to do that.

I guess you can take out of it what you like, this^^ is a good explanation, if my view is that it is a form of cheating then this above statement, backs that claim, if you say it is not I would say it backs it as well, so each opinion is subjective to how you are interpreting all of this.

"It may be seen that using that exploit goes against the spirit of the game,"  I guess we are only about the reward, and not how you got there to get it.

@CriMiNaL__  my opinion is not subjective. Why? I have read through the EULA, read the mission criteria, and Googled trying to find where this is considered a cheat or exploit and found nothing of the sort. You still have not provided any evidence where it breaks the EULA or WG says it is a cheat or is an exploit and therefore, prohibits division-ing up to complete the  End of WWII in Europe Marathon.

So, I will ask you again, please show me in the World of Warships EULA or where WG states that division-ing up to complete the End of WWII in Europe Marathon is an exploit or cheating?

If you can find in the EULA or where WG says that a player or players cannot do this because it is considered cheating or an exploit, I will be more than happy to eat crow and admit I am wrong.

There is nothing wrong if you don't feel that is the way you want to play the game to complete the mission, but that is for you to personally decide. Where it crosses the line, IMO, is when you come out and call other people "cheaters" without proof just because it is not how you would play the game. 

• Cool 2

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles
15 hours ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

This strategy involves exploiting the mirror-match function of co-op to guarantee

1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

23 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

@CriMiNaL__  my opinion is not subjective. Why? I have read through the EULA, read the mission criteria, and Googled trying to find where this is considered a cheat or exploit and found nothing of the sort. You still have not provided any evidence where it breaks the EULA or WG says it is a cheat or is an exploit and therefore, prohibits division-ing up to complete the  End of WWII in Europe Marathon.

So, I will ask you again, please show me in the World of Warships EULA or where WG states that division-ing up to complete the End of WWII in Europe Marathon is an exploit or cheating?

If you can find in the EULA or where WG says that a player or players cannot do this because it is considered cheating or an exploit, I will be more than happy to eat crow and admit I am wrong.

There is nothing wrong if you don't feel that is the way you want to play the game to complete the mission, but that is for you to personally decide. Where it crosses the line, IMO, is when you come out and call other people "cheaters" without proof just because it is not how you would play the game. 

You do what you must, I know I'm beating my head against the wall with others on the subject. 

If you feel this is your only option to complete a mission that was easy, and your finding it hard, then I guess you have no choice but to exploit the match making mirror function.

If I call people "cheater" I will, if you read some of the posts", Exploits have been classified as a form of cheating" then I can.  Simple, if they don't like it because they're using this "This strategy involves exploiting the mirror-match function of co-op to guarantee" to bad, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, to me it seems, a lot think its a cow.

It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Bad 3