You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jester_of_War

Killer Whale meetup

24 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles

I'm surprised this isn't already put there, but:

starting a thread for people who want to Division up and go into the Killer Whale scenario to wreck some German ships so we can complete Part 2 of the End of WWII in Europe missions.

I'm in.

If you're playing, look me up, if I'm playing, I'll join you

Who else?

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles
8 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

starting a thread for people who want to Division up and go into the Killer Whale scenario to wreck some German ships so we can complete Part 2 of the End of WWII in Europe missions.

I'm in.

Who else?

I'd be up for it.  I need 2 kills.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,842 battles

It would probably be easier to just division up in co-op and take turns driving German ships.

• Cool 1

[XBRTC]
Members
1,414 posts
7,427 battles
26 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

I'm in.

Who else?

Are you on right now?

I've played about 10 battles today, probably, and haven't been able to get a single [copulating] German kill. Every time I see one and start smashing it--coop or random, doesn't matter--someone else gets the last [copulating] blow and the kill.

[POP]
Members
1,162 posts
15,052 battles
14 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

It would probably be easier to just division up in co-op and take turns driving German ships.

Not as easy as you think spent about 10 games in coop  trying to kill KMS ships, most games barely had 1 German ship and every time i had just about destroyed it enough to give it the Coup de grace some one would steal kill it away from me, its even worse in random when you only have 3 ships that can do the mission.

Luckily we 7 days  left  but i tell its going to be close for me  the weekend was a nightmare to play random.

I ended up calling it a day after 30 plus games on my day off  which i look forward to having WOWS marathon day.

NOT FUN AT ALL

regards

Edited by tm63au

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,842 battles
4 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Not as easy as you think spent about 10 games in coop  trying to kill KMS ships, most games barely had 1 German ship and every time i had just about destroyed it enough to give it the Coup de grace some one would steal kill it away from me, its even worse in random when you only have 3 ships that can do the mission.

Luckily we 7 days  left  but i tell its going to be close for me  the weekend was a nightmare to play random.

I ended up calling it a day after 30 plus games on my day off  which i look forward to having WOWS marathon day.

NOT FUN AT ALL

regards

That's why it is nice to division. Have your mates bring German ships so you have targets.  They shoot at the other ones leaving their mirrors for you.  Take turns and repeat.  Much faster matches then ops. 

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles
25 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Awesome, are you volunteering?    I'm kidding. No pressure.

And also: I don't have any German ships

But yeah, if folks want to do it in co-op, put that up here too.

I'm just trying to help people combine forces.

Edited by Jester_of_War

[PRDEF]
Members
80 posts
3,558 battles

I'm on to the XP stage, but I'll div up if you need the ships.

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,771 battles

I'll volunteer to help folks get the German kills by either divisio-ing up for  Killer Whale Op or for Co-Op/Random matches where I can bring my Graf Spee.

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles

I'd love to do Killer Whale....

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

My clan did that a few times..  Took us 3-4 battles but 'most of us'   (ahem) got all three...  I only got one due to certain folks who can't resist stealing kills (something genetic I'm sure).

I only had one German left to kill, so I did a few Co-Ops and finally sunk a Bismarck at T8.

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles

I'd like to report that some very generous and friendly players of this fine game joined me for a few runs through Killer Whale and we got the KM kills we needed. So it worked out quite well. And it was fun.

Anyone else who needs wantsto get their kills in, speak up and I'm sure it'll all come together to get you your juicy German prey.

*It's just a game after all. We only play cos we want to. 

Right?

• Cool 2

[PRDEF]
Members
80 posts
3,558 battles

Glad I was able to help.  I had a lot of fun.  Thanks for the invite and hit me up again some time if I'm on.  

[INTEL]
Members
8,581 posts
25,683 battles

We can't get in. Keep getting sent out to the log-in screen. 

It would be great if all the Ops were consistently available, but they aren't

[WOLF3]
Members
6,430 posts
2,396 battles
3 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Well, we finally did get in to KW and had some fun.  But yes, this is an ongoing problem.  At least one other time this week we've had to give up on running it.

WG, fix please.

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,771 battles
3 hours ago, Taichunger said:

4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Well, we finally did get in to KW and had some fun.  But yes, this is an ongoing problem.  At least one other time this week we've had to give up on running it.

WG, fix please.

I experienced this same bug with a group of 7 trying to run The Ultimate Frontier scenario last week. It would just kick us out to the login screen.

Another bug I've noticed when you run divisions in Operations is that sometimes, after the battle is over and you exit back out to port from the battle results screen, that the division box along with the other chat boxes are minimized and you cannot open them back up, nor, can you open up new chat channels. You have to exit the game. If you try to just log off the server, it will crash the WoWs game client, and if you try to play the next match, you will be stuck in the team screen overlaying the match. Weird bug. 

[WOLF6]
Members
676 posts
3,822 battles
8 hours ago, Taichunger said:

5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

WG, fix please.

5 hours ago, daVinci761st said:

I experienced this same bug with a group of 7 trying to run The Ultimate Frontier scenario last week. It would just kick us out to the login screen.

Another bug I've noticed when you run divisions in Operations is that sometimes, after the battle is over and you exit back out to port from the battle results screen, that the division box along with the other chat boxes are minimized and you cannot open them back up, nor, can you open up new chat channels. You have to exit the game. If you try to just log off the server, it will crash the WoWs game client, and if you try to play the next match, you will be stuck in the team screen overlaying the match. Weird bug. 

We had a LAN party (do people do that anymore? - maybe showing our age) where everyone brought their computer to one place and tried to run a Killer Whale Op. ...    

same issue, everyone of us was getting kicked out to the login  after queuing any scenario that wasnt the current week's scenario.

I thought maybe WG  was kicking everyone that is trying to play the game from the same IP.

We ended up just doing randoms and coops together and eventually getting our kills after an evening of gameplay

It was neat being able to reach over and smack another player in the back of the head after he or she did something "boneheaded" or talk smack to some other player over on the other side of the room.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,002 posts
9,022 battles

Next week I was planning to start a similar thread to get plane kills for the third part on the German captain mission in Hermès. Keep your ears perked for that.

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Beta Testers
223 posts
1,916 battles

Anyone out there still want/need to do this? I need 3 German kills.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,430 posts
2,396 battles
8 hours ago, wtfovr said:

It was neat being able to reach over and smack another player in the back of the head after he or she did something "boneheaded" or talk smack to some other player over on the other side of the room

That's a great thing about voice comm, like Discord.  Even if you've never met these guys and don't even know their real names, you can figuratively hand out dope-slaps as merited.  In fact, they often shoot me before a mission, "For good luck." 

Okay, I'm starting to wonder about that.

[PRDEF]
Members
80 posts
3,558 battles
1 hour ago, Tiberius67 said:

Anyone out there still want/need to do this? I need 3 German kills.

I'll be on in a little while.  Need to get the kids fed first. The unreasonable urchins want to eat EVERY day, sometimes more than once. :Smile_teethhappy:

[VVV]
Beta Testers
223 posts
1,916 battles

I'd like to thank the OP, and other good people from [WOLFB] and [WOLF1] for helping me get the last two kills i needed earlier tonight. I couldn't have done it without you!

If anyone out there is reading this thread and needs people to division up with to get over the top, feel free to hit me up if you see me logged into the game. If we can't get enough people together to get into a OP, I'll div up with you and run Germans in Co-Op for you.