blimp66

Turn off follow shells/torps function

9 comments in this topic

Members
17 posts
15,059 battles

Is there a way to disable the "feature" that lets you watch fired shells & torpedoes as they travel?  So many times I've launched torps and a finger slips and presses the middle mouse button, and now I have to watch my torps for an eternity until they run out. In the meantime, I can't target anything (since I can't look at anything but the moving torps) and am basically a sitting duck.

I reviewed the controls & views settings to see if this "feature" could be toggled off, but apparently it can't.

Thanks!

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles

So, you know that to follow your torps/shells you press "z"? If you want to "unfollow" them you just press "z" again. Hope this helps. You don't have to keep following them.

P.S. You can press "c" while following your torps/shells to switch between each one.

[MBR]
Members
228 posts
5,679 battles
4 minutes ago, blimp66 said:

Is there a way to disable the "feature" that lets you watch fired shells & torpedoes as they travel?  So many times I've launched torps and a finger slips and presses the middle mouse button, and now I have to watch my torps for an eternity until they run out. In the meantime, I can't target anything (since I can't look at anything but the moving torps) and am basically a sitting duck.

I reviewed the controls & views settings to see if this "feature" could be toggled off, but apparently it can't.

Thanks!

Press Z to watch your shell flight or to quit the flight shell mode. Also, you can do this: go to controls, armaments, and leave the option 'Follow the Shell/Torpedo after Firing' empty.

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles

It can be occasionally worth while to follow your torpedoes for a bit, particularly as they close on the enemy.  But absolutely do not get laser focused on them.  It's more to get an idea of whether they look like they're going to hit or not, and to learn whether you need to lead a target more or less.  Usually, a second or 2 is more than enough.

But I never bother following my shells.  Not worth it.

[PLPT]
Members
632 posts
6,810 battles
45 minutes ago, Crucis said:

But I never bother following my shells.  Not worth it.

TOTALLY WORTH IT.  It lets you visually fly over an island and spot ships you otherwise couldn’t get a good bearing on.  If you ever lob shells over islands (and you should) then this is an essential trick for landing hits.

Edited by n00bot

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
10 minutes ago, n00bot said:

TOTALLY WORTH IT.  It lets you visually fly over an island and spot ships you otherwise couldn’t get a good bearing on.  If you ever lob shells over islands (and you should) then this is an essential trick for landing shells.

Hmmm.   Never considered that.  Thanks for the idea.

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles

Its worth it to have it on because it can help you adjust your aiming on a target.

[QCM]
Members
50 posts
3,181 battles

It seems that again, no one answered the question.  Yes or no...Is there a way to disable the feature??  I too find it annoying in the extreme.  If you like it, fine...keep it.  But lets be just a little fair and give the player the ability to disable it.  So how about hearing from some Devs on this one...

[PRI]
[PRI]
Members
16 posts
13,480 battles

Settings , controls,  track object turn it off there

Edited by Kurok1972