You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

15 comments in this topic

[STW-M]
Members
2,103 posts
5,895 battles

Good grief, what even is Graf Zeppelin?

The option of having a 10-plane fighter squadron (when I first saw it, I literally stopped and counted the fighters out of sheer shock) with possibly the most powerful strafe in the game?

Torpedo bombers that can equip deep water torpedoes?

AP dive bombers that simply ignore all attempts at evasion and delete ships left and right?

Secondaries to put Kaga to shame?

Bloody hydroacoustic search?

I honestly don't know what to say. This ship is just a pile of random gimmicks blended together, and the worst part is, it works.

Somehow, all these gimmicks make it so that only Enterprise can provide reasonable competition. Shokaku and Lexington are left in the dust.

Even if Graf Zeppelin retains its advantages against the silver CVs, might I ask that WG cut down on the sheer number of gimmicks on premium CVs in the future? This ship is like an Enterprise, Bismarck, and a Pan-Asian destroyer blended together into one...thing.

Sorry, I just needed to vent a bit after watching iChase's video.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,353 posts
9,549 battles

It's not actually that bad, Enterprise should stomp it, Shokaku should be able to make a good fight out of it, the only CV that's in trouble is Lexington, but that's nothing new.

Deep water torpedoes are useless, you trade being able to hit DD's for an extra flooding change, which won't matter if you nuke something.

The secondaries and hydro are cute, but largely useless, if somethings that close, you're on fire, and will stay that way till you're dead.

The AP bombers are where WG screwed up, but they're like a slot machine.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,710 battles
26 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

AP dive bombers that simply ignore all attempts at evasion and delete ships left and right?

it's the drop pattern of the DB that do's that WG gave it a circle drop pattern so it can come in at any angle and not have to adjust, where as every other CV gets a oval shape and if you turn the DB will miss or have to readjust before they come in for the strike.

[NBGC]
Members
331 posts
3,565 battles
1 minute ago, wstugamd said:

Is it for sale? Do want

Not yet

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,710 battles
22 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

Is it for sale? Do want

There is a lot off talk about them not selling it before the rework because once the CV rework happens by the sounds of it if CV players are not happy with the rework and are going to stop playing CV they are going to offer refunds. So no one has said yes or no to if premium CV will go on sale before rework. 

[LHG]
Members
1,195 posts
4,985 battles

Enterprise and Shoukaku can play around the single fighter squadron, since it can only strafe 2 or 2.5 times before it has to go back. Graf is strictly better than Lexington in almost every way, though.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,710 battles
28 minutes ago, Flashtirade said:

Enterprise and Shoukaku can play around the single fighter squadron, since it can only strafe 2 or 2.5 times before it has to go back. Graf is strictly better than Lexington in almost every way, though.

every tier 8 CV  is better then the Lexington the one thing that CV really needs is a 2nd fighter squad ones just not enough at that tier.

[STW-M]
Members
2,103 posts
5,895 battles

To be clear, I'm not complaining so much about its status in the game balance as much as I am the sheer number of gimmicks this ship has.

It's like WG decided to just take a bunch of random ships and mix it all in a giant blender.

Edited by Avenge_December_7

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,384 battles
10 hours ago, ausanimal said:

There is a lot off talk about them not selling it before the rework because once the CV rework happens by the sounds of it if CV players are not happy with the rework and are going to stop playing CV they are going to offer refunds. So no one has said yes or no to if premium CV will go on sale before rework. 

lol these people piss me off so many ways.  Either of those things is brad but they're doing both - withholding something I would like to play and promising to destroy things I like to play.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,710 battles
22 minutes ago, Big_Tidday_Goth_GF said:

lol these people piss me off so many ways.  Either of those things is brad but they're doing both - withholding something I would like to play and promising to destroy things I like to play.

They did say when the testing was done that the people that kept it had 3 months to see if they liked it or wanted a refund before they released it to everyone else, so who knows if they will do that but it sounds more like when they talk about the rework there not going to sell any premium CV before it in case people want refunds

Alpha Tester
937 posts
6,384 battles

At this point the "rework" sounds more like they are going to deliberately ruin the game, to me.  Radically changing it in an attempt to lure people into playing something they didn't take the time to learn before?  Does that make any sense to anyone?  We WANT braindead people to play BBs - I don't want them in the all important Destroyers.  I don't WANT people who are too lazy to learn carriers to be in a carrier.  

It's frustrating because even if every one of us who bought the Enterprise and premium camo for CVs asked for refunds, they would still jackhammer it because they just don't care.

[TF03]
Members
739 posts
2,710 battles
12 minutes ago, Big_Tidday_Goth_GF said:

At this point the "rework" sounds more like they are going to deliberately ruin the game, to me.  Radically changing it in an attempt to lure people into playing something they didn't take the time to learn before?  Does that make any sense to anyone?  We WANT braindead people to play BBs - I don't want them in the all important Destroyers.  I don't WANT people who are too lazy to learn carriers to be in a carrier.  

It's frustrating because even if every one of us who bought the Enterprise and premium camo for CVs asked for refunds, they would still jackhammer it because they just don't care.

I upset a few people when i said this but they are pretty much dumbing down CV for the rest off the players even the CC CV players didn't like the change but the non CV players did

Members
1,610 posts
3,573 battles

No,  the Shokaku is not going to stand a chance against the Zeppelin.  The Zeppelins fighters are Tier VII with Tier 7.5 stats so they get to benefit from dogfighting expert on top of having the widest strafing run in game.  The only way the Shok MIGHT stand a chance is managing to dogpile both squads onto the Zeppelins and even then,  its going to be a prolonged battle with a lot of losses on both sides.

Now if the Shok had around equal firepower that'd be fine.  But it doesn't.  The Zeppelin has the STRONGEST bombers in the game,  both Dive Bombers and Torpedo bombers.  The Zeppelin has the firepower of USN bombers with the numbers of IJN bombers.  You want gimmicks?  She got gimmicks.  She is the only CV with deep water torpedoes for one.  She has a unique drop pattern that more or less guarantees multiple hits on a target and prevents complete misses if a ship turns towards your bombers during a manual drop you brought in too close.  She has the SHORTEST fuse timer on her AP bombs for another,  making them useful almost universally as opposed to USN AP bombs which are only useful against heavily armored targets.   AND she has the circular bombing circle that cares not what angle her dive bombers approach from.

And we're not done yet!  She has the longest range of any CV secondaries with a battery only beaten by the Kaga,  turtleback armor typical of German Battleships,  and hydro.  In a word,  she has just about everything.

The Enterprise is only going to 'beat' her in terms of being able to shoot down her planes and even then,   the Zeppelins superior fighters are going to take a chunk out of her reserves and protect her bombers long enough to deal some damage.  As in,  I completely expect the Zeppelins damage to far outstrip the Enterprises on the regular and the preliminary stats I am seeing support that.  

The only reason I am not making a bigger deal of this is because we're about to go through that entire rework that's going to tear all of this down.   In a few months the slates going to be cleaned and we're going to be looking at a different landscape.

[CO_OP]
Beta Testers
159 posts
2,812 battles

I really wish the fighters we not BF-109's (damn Mercedes power fighters) but Focke Wulf 190..... LET BE HONEST A BMW POWER FIGHTER JUST SOUNDS BETTER .....