You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Would You Join a Union?

33 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts

I'm thinking of forming the International Brotherhood of Duca Degli Abruzzi players.

The mission of this union would be to lobby WG to fix the poor Abruzzi.

Hopefully, we could have a local for every server.

Poor thing needs better AP and HE.

Right now it's lobbing rolls of Charmin at the enemy.

:Smile_child:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

[-K-]
Members
5,235 posts
9,096 battles

The reviews all said she is an undergunned, average-at-best premium T7, so anyone who didn't heed the warnings and is disappointed.....sorry about your luck.

• Cool 5

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles

What happens when this "union" goes on strike? Participating players stop playing? Sounds like you'll be punishing yourself for no gain. 

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,821 battles
22 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I'm thinking of forming the International Brotherhood of Duca Degli Abruzzi players.

Here is my issue with your post sir, if the latest greatest shiny new toy doesn't dominate the battlefield people will say it is broken and it needs to be fixed. This leads to power creep, making older ships obsolete. The Abruzzi is fine as is, if you did not do any research before buying it then that is on you. Not every premium is a monster.

• Cool 2

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts

If its like most unions Ive seen, youd be required to repurchase the ship every year, and after 2 years they'd remodel the smokestack and say the've done everything the people wanted.

• Funny 2

[HYDRO]
Members
1,543 posts
3,751 battles
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

Here is my issue with your post sir, if the latest greatest shiny new toy doesn't dominate the battlefield people will say it is broken and it needs to be fixed. This leads to power creep, making older ships obsolete. The Abruzzi is fine as is, if you did not do any research before buying it then that is on you. Not every premium is a monster.

Normally I would agree, but as it looks the ship brings nothing too interesting to invest in it. Of course there are ships like de Grasse that don't have any crazy feature but are workhorses. Abbruzzi doesn't seem to be the case. That said, I hope I am proven wrong.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,821 battles
4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Normally I would agree, but as it looks the ship brings nothing too interesting to invest in it. Of course there are ships like de Grasse that don't have any crazy feature but are workhorses. Abbruzzi doesn't seem to be the case. That said, I hope I am proven wrong.

Was there ever a thread to buff the Krasney Krem? It has nothing interesting to invest in yet I bought it because I like collecting historical ships. The Molotov is not great and does not offer anything interesting, It is essentially a Kirov one tier higher. 

[HYDRO]
Members
1,543 posts
3,751 battles
7 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Was there ever a thread to buff the Krasney Krem? It has nothing interesting to invest in yet I bought it because I like collecting historical ships. The Molotov is not great and does not offer anything interesting, It is essentially a Kirov one tier higher. 

Eh bringing up the Krym is cheating :Smile-_tongue:. As for the Molotov, my friends described it as the Kirov with the Donskoi guns, so it has that going for it imo. I'm just saying that as it looks, you can get probably a comparable experience out of the Duca d'Aosta without having to buy the Abbruzzi.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,821 battles
8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Eh bringing up the Krym is cheating :Smile-_tongue:. As for the Molotov, my friends described it as the Kirov with the Donskoi guns, so it has that going for it imo. I'm just saying that as it looks, you can get probably a comparable experience out of the Duca d'Aosta without having to buy the Abbruzzi.

The Molotov has the Kirovs guns, the Kutuzov has the Donskois guns.........for the Record I will take the Kirov's guns any day, she can citadel most T-5 Battleships up to 10k away. I agree with you though, I will not be buying the Abbruzzi because I already have the Duca.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,852 posts
19,034 battles

Stop whining about the Abbruzzi  (Joey ) no  forced you to buy it anyway ......

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
11 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Stop whining about the Abbruzzi  (Joey ) no  forced you to buy it anyway ......

I haven't bought it yet, Joey.

• Bad 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,392 posts
2,380 battles

Help!  Help!  I'm bein' repressed!

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
791 posts
8,245 battles
39 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

The Molotov has the Kirovs guns, the Kutuzov has the Donskois guns.........for the Record I will take the Kirov's guns any day, she can citadel most T-5 Battleships up to 10k away. I agree with you though, I will not be buying the Abbruzzi because I already have the Duca.

Kutuzov has 152mm guns.  Kirov, Molatov, and DM Donskoi have 180mm.

• Cool 2

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,821 battles
Just now, Ares1967 said:

Kutuzov has 152mm guns.  Kirov, Molatov, and DM Donskoi have 180mm.

Interesting I did not think the Donskoi had the 180's from the eyeball test. I wonder if they are a smaller caliber or is it the ship is so much bigger the guns don't look as big.

[LWA]
Members
625 posts
8,914 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

funny thing about "unions" is that you never have the option not to join once they get established.  Hopefully a US Supreme court case will reverse that union mob mentality. 

[INTEL]
Members
791 posts
8,245 battles
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

Interesting I did not think the Donskoi had the 180's from the eyeball test. I wonder if they are a smaller caliber or is it the ship is so much bigger the guns don't look as big.

No idea about the appearence as I dont have the Donnie. Wiki says its the same guns on all 3 180mm equiped ships.

[SALVO]
Members
17,034 posts
17,659 battles
15 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

LOL!

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,821 battles
16 minutes ago, Crucis said:

LOL!

Bloody peasants!!!!!!

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,821 battles
28 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

No idea about the appearence as I dont have the Donnie. Wiki says its the same guns on all 3 180mm equiped ships.

That's crazy, you are right, same guns. I think the Donskois turrets are much larger and the guns sit further back in the gun house so the barrels don't seem so long. 57 calibers long is a very very long barrel almost 34 feet long.

Edited by Belthorian

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,044 posts
6,722 battles

its been a while since we heard from Blasto hasn't it?

• Funny 1

Members
599 posts

As a member of the Missouri Owners Group may I say that your endeavor is admirable for the Duke a something or other. Perhaps you are choosing the wrong ship to base your Union on? 

Why don’t you buy the Missouri and become part of the Big Mo Owners Group? ( BMOG)?

oh wait you can’t!!!!!!!

Elitism.....Exclusivity....Excellence in sinking the Duke of what again?

Missouri 

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
50 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

See the violence inherent in the system! See the violence inherent in the system!

:cap_haloween:

[NGA]
Members
1,285 posts
7,805 battles
19 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

See the violence inherent in the system! See the violence inherent in the system!

:cap_haloween:

Well this game would be rather boring if we couldn't senselessly kill each other. Sure the landscape is beautiful, but that's not what we're paying for.

[DDM_]
Members
1,052 posts
3,554 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Constitutional Peasant for the win!!

[LHG]
Members
1,193 posts
4,953 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

That's crazy, you are right, same guns. I think the Donskois turrets are much larger and the guns sit further back in the gun house so the barrels don't seem so long. 57 calibers long is a very very long barrel almost 34 feet long.

Molotov and Donskoi use different versions of the same turret, Mk-3-180 vs Mk-3-180M. The Donskoi is also a significantly larger ship than the Molotov, making the guns look smaller in comparison.