15 comments in this topic

[DIRTY]
Members
2 posts
1,741 battles

You need to fix the bots.Cits on every volley. I bounce shells at a broadside CA 3 km away.Your cit hits is way off. I fired 26 broadside shots and got 1 cit and 15 bounces,6 broken and 4 overpens.

Comeon man, get your crap straight!

• Bad 3

Members
4,592 posts
6,543 battles

Bot are better than they used to be.  Heck they stop and back up now to fool you.  Anyone noticed this? 

Edited by dmckay

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,423 posts
9,614 battles

Yes, the bot's use the illegal aiming hack.

They always have.

The cure for this is to never sail in a straight line in CO-OP -- when you are detected.

You will get used to this.  You will see their shooting pattern..  The shots will land where you would have been, as opposed to where you are.

Shots will continue to hit islands when you duck behind them.

Learning this in CO-OP is critical to detecting Illegal Aim Hackers in Random.  They are using the same algorithm as the bots, except their cheating operator is clicking over a small X on the screen.  They will miss the exact same way.

----

Defeating Illegal Aim Hackers is the same in Random/Ranked as the bots are in Co-Op...   DON'T SAIL IN A STRAIGHT LINE.

I believe this is why all the high scoring deniers want to keep everyone out of Co-Op..  so they can remain invincible.
Co-Op is good practice for this.

AND  -- Report all your Illegal Aim Hack suspects.  Do this after you educate yourself in the symptoms.

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,045 posts
8,082 battles
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Bot are better than they used to be.  Heck they stop and back up now to fool you.  Anyone noticed this? 

A lot better, and yes, they do play more like humans than bots actually, including pulling a Notser now and then.

It's the uncanny aim that always throws me off lol  like HOW did you hit me lol

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,423 posts
9,614 battles

Bots in the scenarios have Upgrades, Top Modules, Camo, and flags.

Basic Co-Op is stock -- no camo -- no flag -- mirror upgrade and captain skill.  You have an advantage.

Accuracy goes up in response to their opponent.  So as YOU bring more accurate guns...  so do they.  And they can use them better.

Stick with the same ship and learn the 'feel' of the guns..  Grind a whole day on it.  Do this in conjunction with some home improvement job.

[CVA16]
Members
2,316 posts
9,901 battles

I have noticed the bots seem way more accurate than previous. If I change speed it doesn't fool them at all. Even in turns they seem to land lots of salvos. I also notice they are changing speeds a lot which is really tough to handle when the visibility is bad so you can't see the stack smoke.

I also notice they can get off 1 or even 2 salvos at me BEFORE I can see them. Shouldn't I detect them as soon as they fire? I can often see the firing, just not the ship.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,423 posts
9,614 battles
12 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

I have noticed the bots seem way more accurate than previous. If I change speed it doesn't fool them at all. Even in turns they seem to land lots of salvos. I also notice they are changing speeds a lot which is really tough to handle when the visibility is bad so you can't see the stack smoke.

I also notice they can get off 1 or even 2 salvos at me BEFORE I can see them. Shouldn't I detect them as soon as they fire? I can often see the firing, just not the ship.

Contrary to human teams, the bots work together in groups.

When the leading DD spots you, it immediately hits smoke for 2-3 ships following it.

If you are not in range of the DDs guns, the trailing ships open fire...  thus stealth invisifire.

To counter this, charge the cap straight on with a DD, then cut left or right before getting there to splay them out.  This way, they will be detected by your trailing ships when the DD pops smoke.

Learn, adapt, improvise, overcome.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
23 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

II also notice they can get off 1 or even 2 salvos at me BEFORE I can see them. Shouldn't I detect them as soon as they fire? I can often see the firing, just not the ship.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/156466-074-pt-2-ships-rendering-and-visibility/?tab=comments#comment-3717801

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,316 posts
9,901 battles
23 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

When the leading DD spots you, it immediately hits smoke for 2-3 ships following it.

Most recently this is in the Raptor mission. First DD spots me, and if I am the closest ship, soon starts shooting at me (and hitting with alarming regularity). I am detected and I know where he will spawn and am zoomed in on the area. I can see the shells fired but not the DD until after the second salvo is fired. That DD does not smoke up until  much later (if he survives). Seems like the game is taking its time to render the bots but no such lag exists for the bots to react to targets as they don't have wait for a visual rendering to shoot.

Edited by Sabot_100

[DIRTY]
Members
2 posts
1,741 battles
1 hour ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

CVs don’t do citadel hits easily with the guns.

I was in a BB. Played a game and went BB vs BB broadside and bounced 4 shells!!! Bot BB's cit with every salvo. I cant broadside a Bot BB and get a cit. I like gameplay being difficult but damn the aiming and cit's.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles
2 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Yes, the bot's use the illegal aiming hack.

They always have.

The cure for this is to never sail in a straight line in CO-OP any time you are detected-- when you are detected.

You will get used to this.  You will see their shooting pattern..  The shots will land where you would have been, as opposed to where you are.

Shots will continue to hit islands when you duck behind them.

Learning this in CO-OP is critical to detecting Illegal Aim Hackers in Random.  They are using the same algorithm as the bots, except their cheating operator is clicking over a small X on the screen.  They will miss the exact same way.

----

Defeating Illegal Aim Hackers is the same in Random/Ranked as the bots are in Co-Op...   DON'T SAIL IN A STRAIGHT LINE.

I believe this is why all the high scoring deniers want to keep everyone out of Co-Op..  so they can remain invincible.
Co-Op is good practice for this.

AND  -- Report all your Illegal Aim Hack suspects.  Do this after you educate yourself in the symptoms.

FTFY

• Cool 1

[SCREW]
Members
120 posts
6,859 battles

Bots are not going to win you a game. In fact, they tend to lose more games than anything. This isn't like CoD or Tanks where you can let a bot run things for you and expect to do well. Your problem is that you give them perfect broadside shots into your side. Also, depending on the ship, you probably shouldn't be out in front. Most cruisers at lower level are susceptible to front and rear citadels as well. Sailing in straight lines, being predictable, and not looking at where you can be shot from is a great combination for anyone to delete you, bots or no bots. Bots are only useful against inexperienced players or those who simply just suck at the game. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,423 posts
9,614 battles
6 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

FTFY

I've been having a tough time with the Podvoisky in my other account.

At the end, after I was sunk...   I still swear my 65 knot torpedoes are slowing down to a rate much slower than the enemy DD to let them all miss.  I've watched it twice.  Stay on my view on the replay.  Needless to say, I took a long break after this one.

It was a short battle, so you won't have to wait long.  This is the kind of Troll RNG that goes on all the time.  Those torps slowed to a CRAWL at the end...  

This kind of nonsense is what causes a lot of broken keyboards and LCD displays.

20180507_175041_PRSD205-Podvoisky-pr-1929_17_NA_fault_line.wowsreplay

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,727 posts
9,120 battles

They didn't slow down, he had enough speed, just barely to avoid them. DD's are hard torpedo targets unless you are in their face.