You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tank_Buster_

i would like to know where you will put your Russain Captain Victor Znamenskiy

20 comments in this topic

[JSG]
Alpha Tester
363 posts
4,893 battles

ok so i would like to know where would are you most likely to play your Russian Captain ( 10 point ) Victor Znamenskiy  i belive that most players are considering DDs, please put in your feedback.

Thanks

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

Probably Moskva or Nikolai, they are the only 2 ships that can benefit from his skills.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WPP]
Members
519 posts
5,480 battles

The only Russian ships I have are the Okhotkik, Minsk, and Molotov (Had a Texas, bought the Steam Texas, and with those Doubloons got the Molotov this weekend... sweet).  I have a 13 point captain in the Minsk that goes in the two Premium so based on what I have no I really don't even need the guy - I also have a 11 Point captain I got from the Operations a while ago so I REALLY don't need another captain now.

But, I feel like I'd like to push up the Cruiser line and will probably Free EXP to the Budy, drop the new guy in there, and just use that and the Molotov for Weekly Ops for a while.

Don't care?  Well, you asked :)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,634 battles

I think he should be a premium Russian DD captain... the buffed EM would greatly help Gremy, Lenin, and the PartyBote. You need at least twelve points for him to start being useful in that role though.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

I might stick him on the Okt Rev pending a Russian battleship line - insert Stalingrad joke - sometime in the future.  I'm pretty good on 10+ point RU captains, since I got a Molotov and Okhotnik out of Xmas boxes and recently got a Krazny Krym out of a regular SC.

[LEGIT]
Members
380 posts
8,657 battles

If I had a nikolai it would be hands down the best ship, but that's not an option, I don't have and can't get one... I think maybe a Khabarovsk or Moskva would use him kinda of well too, but I'm not replacing my level 17 Moskva captain with a level 10, and Okt. Revolutsia isn't a good ship for him so I don't wanna train him on there, I don't have a khab... If I start grinding the Russian DD line I think ill just switch him up the tiers as I go up the line to get him high level for the Khabarovsk that I will one day start working on.

[PVE]
Members
512 posts
4,345 battles

DDs for me, I am currently at T5 so I will toss him in there. I find that I like having CE in Leningrad so I want a second 10 point commander without it for the main line.

I am only at T3 in the cruiser line so I am not even worrying about that yet.

[JSG]
Alpha Tester
363 posts
4,893 battles
1 hour ago, galspanic said:

The only Russian ships I have are the Okhotkik, Minsk, and Molotov (Had a Texas, bought the Steam Texas, and with those Doubloons got the Molotov this weekend... sweet).  I have a 13 point captain in the Minsk that goes in the two Premium so based on what I have no I really don't even need the guy - I also have a 11 Point captain I got from the Operations a while ago so I REALLY don't need another captain now.

But, I feel like I'd like to push up the Cruiser line and will probably Free EXP to the Budy, drop the new guy in there, and just use that and the Molotov for Weekly Ops for a while.

Don't care?  Well, you asked :)

Thanks amigo

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
186 posts

atm I have no idea where to put him so for now hes just going to sit in reserve.

Members
161 posts
9,211 battles
2 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

Probably Moskva or Nikolai, they are the only 2 ships that can benefit from his skills.

Why do you say that? What about the Gremy or Leningrad? 

A BB would benefit from all three skills, but only the Nikolai if you have it. I don't see many people taking High Alert on CAs. 

• Boring 1

Members
303 posts
4,519 battles

Russian navy is my one line which is least in need of a new captain.  I have a 10-pointer in Kirov, a 10-pointer in Budyonny, and an 11-pointer in Gnevny.  I did just research Shchors though not yet purchased...

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
15 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

Why do you say that? What about the Gremy or Leningrad? 

A BB would benefit from all three skills, but only the Nikolai if you have it. I don't see many people taking High Alert on CAs. 

Moskva is a relatively big and static ship, which is why High alert can actually be pretty effective on it. However this skill has no business being used on a DD.

Moskva/Nikolai benefit from all of the skill bonuses provided by Viktor. A soviet DD will only benefit from 2/3 of them, as their DC already has a very short cooldown - the further 10% reduction in it is insignificant.

• Boring 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,497 posts
3,435 battles

I would put him on a Russian BB first, though his skills are also fairly suitable for VMF DDs. Moskva and Donskoi as well, since both tend to be major fire-magnets.

Nikolai and Okt.Rev. benefit extremely well from all 3 buffed skills, and assuming VMF BBs follow a similar path as both, will also benefit as well.

Edited by YamatoA150

[BBP]
Members
335 posts
4,377 battles

Leningrad and eventually Ognevoi when I open up the alternate DD line.

The Khaba line really doesn't need EM.

Edited by _MiDKnighTx_

[5D]
Members
1,246 posts
7,254 battles

Iz pronounced 

"Stalingrad"

comrade!

[WNSTN]
Members
0 posts
4,594 battles

No where.

As I have zero interest in RU ships I will not be grinding for him.

Good luck and fair seas!

[HELLS]
Members
1,703 posts
15,582 battles

In my reserve! I only have two Russian ships anyway, and both already have 10-point captains. I got one the last time they ran a VMF 10-pointer as a prize and put him in Varyag, my Cracker Jack box surprise.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts

On my  Chapayev  when If I get his twin Vasily  I'll put him on my Budyonny

Edited by shadowsrmine