Sign in to follow this  
Haruka_Takayama

Continuously disconnected from the server

15 comments in this topic

[HWIN]
Beta Testers
1,910 posts
4,306 battles

I've not posted here in over a year but, I need your help.

About a month and a half ago I moved to a new address. Unfortunately, I'm only able to have Comcast as an ISP. That alone should give you an idea of the problems I've been having. I've exhausted myself trying to resolve this problem, contacting WG support, speaking with my ISP and having them troubleshoot, port forwarding, I've searched high and low on these forums for the answer to my problem, but I've yet to find it. 

Just today I drove over to the local Comcast store and traded in my old gateway for their latest and greatest XB6 Modem/Router combo. I thought I'd solved my issues, everything seemed like it was working when I'd gotten off the phone with the Xfinity tech, and then it happened. Disconnected from the server yet again just like before. 

Port forwarding actually worked at one point or another, but the problem is I'm also having this issue on WoT. The ports I found on several forum threads actually conflicted between the two games, I don't know enough about tech to know exactly how to rectify this. What bothers me the most is I never had to port forward to play these games before. I had Xfinity at my previous address and never had to do it to play those games. Yes my internet cut out regularly, but I didn't have trouble staying connected to game servers. 

Is there something I'm overlooking? Is there something I've yet to try? Please help me, I'm willing to provide any info necessary to achieve a solution.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,689 posts
5,042 battles

Run ping plotter. WG support should be able to give you the stuff you need to run it and pinpoint the issues 

[HWIN]
Beta Testers
1,910 posts
4,306 battles
3 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Run ping plotter. WG support should be able to give you the stuff you need to run it and pinpoint the issues 

Done that at least 4 times now. Each time it's an issue at hop 5 which is the ISP. That normally leads to me port forwarding through the ISP. which never worked. 

[WOLFB]
Members
2,689 posts
5,042 battles

I had the same issues with Comcast and I sent the ping plotter data to them and they had it fixed about 2 days later. 

[HWIN]
Beta Testers
1,910 posts
4,306 battles
16 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I had the same issues with Comcast and I sent the ping plotter data to them and they had it fixed about 2 days later. 

How do I send that to them? Is there a way to contact them over the web that I don't know of?

[WOLFB]
Members
2,689 posts
5,042 battles

Yeah you should have a Comcast account which let’s you into there webpage. In there they have a support tab and you can talk to them over messenger or in the phone. Go to Comcast.com and log in

[HWIN]
Beta Testers
1,910 posts
4,306 battles

Still nothing, two visits from my ISP and now they're telling me it's on wargamings side.. I'd like to play this game again.. I really want to.. 

[WOLF2]
Members
1,353 posts
13,086 battles

Ditto, something screwy with wows last few weeks - unplayable and ready to call it quits if they don't sort it out soon.

[WORX]
Members
1,856 posts
12,904 battles
35 minutes ago, Haruka_Takayama said:

My processors overclock was unstable, a little embarrassing to admit it was on my side after all,

Yikes, in a processor heavy game that is WOWS and WOT that could explain the issues you had all along.

Welcome back! Have fun and try to avoid the salt..

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
136 posts
5,040 battles

It happens. Never hurts to check the processors 'guidelines' for OC'ing as based line will be fine, but when you push it up to 70%+ usage, like while gaming, they can have hissy fits, and sometimes even over heat and burn up. A very expensive mistake.

[HWIN]
Beta Testers
1,910 posts
4,306 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Yikes, in a processor heavy game that is WOWS and WOT that could explain the issues you had all along.

Welcome back! Have fun and try to avoid the salt..

Thank you! 

I've OCed before, I guess I just didn't know much about it as I do now. I didn't put as much effort into it as I needed to. I also have a Ryzen so..

1 hour ago, SnipeySnipes said:

It happens. Never hurts to check the processors 'guidelines' for OC'ing as based line will be fine, but when you push it up to 70%+ usage, like while gaming, they can have hissy fits, and sometimes even over heat and burn up. A very expensive mistake.

I've been messing around with OCing a lot more as of late, not so much for gaming, tho running 3.7 ghz over the stock 3.2 is really nice on my main rig, I managed to push something to 4.3 stable on another machine for a server I run. 

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
136 posts
5,040 battles

I could push mine if I wanted or needed to, but with terrible internet, OC'ing for things like streaming is just not worth it. Processor stock is 4GHz

Sign in to follow this