You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Belthorian

Having a rain check option in the premium shop.

25 comments in this topic

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,852 battles

I love collecting ships, and I have a majority of the premium ships. However, due to real life circumstances, I don't have as much free cash to spend on my digital toys. For example in the shop, the VICTORIOUS OKTYABRSKAYA REVOLUTSIYA and the VICTORIOUS ADMIRAL MAKAROV are only available for a short time. I will be buying the Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya on the 10th. However, I won't have a few extra bucks to spend on the game till the 24th. I want both ships, even though the Makarov is just a Nuremberg I would still buy her. I can't be the only person in similar circumstances. So what I suggest is that you allow players a raincheck option where we can reserve the option to buy a specific ship for somewhere between 30-90 days. Make it to where you can only reserve the option to buy a single ship at a time. If there is another ship you want to put that designation on without purchasing the first ship then you lose the ability to buy that ship until it comes around again. 

• Cool 1

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,081 battles

Interesting suggestion. I kind of like it but I doubt they will put it in. If you think about how they release ships, it will cut into whatever comes next. Plus they can play off of your wants. If you want the ship and don’t know when it will come back, you’re more likely to risk spending more immediately instead of just not buying it. Plenty of people aren’t good with money and I am sure plenty of people would spend money they really shouldn’t on here. Again I like the idea I just don’t think it would happen. I will say it is a positive suggestion which is always nice to see on the forum.

Members
161 posts
1,304 battles

I like the idea too. And if it's limited to 1 ship /  package or whatever at a time I don't think it would cut into their sales; if anything it should increase sales.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
40 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I love collecting ships, and I have a majority of the premium ships.

I like the idea, but think should have like a 30 day time limit on it.

[SBS]
Members
2,488 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

I like the idea, but think should have like a 30 day time limit on it.

Even a 10-15 day period would work for most people.

[BIAS]
Members
3,158 posts
9,299 battles

A rain check is technically given when a store advertises a price but has run out of stock and they given you a rain check to purchase it once they get stock again. 

Cyber goods cannot run out of stock, so a rain check is not needed. 

360 posts
194 battles

I know that from time to time you can get personal offers to buy ships at a discount, although those seem to be random. Another option I have seen is a 10-30% discount for a certain Tier Level of ships in the store, in my case it was a 30% discount for any Tier 8 ship. All the times I have had these offers available they were for 30 days.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles
Spoiler

Double post

Edited by Vangm94

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,838 posts
5,881 battles

Either buy your deal now or lose it. Nothing to it. Of course with how a lot of people are today, online or brick-and-mortar, people want something for nothing (or less than current price) because they missed the deal. Up to you to find your deal, up to you to decide to buy it or not, up to you to not complain about losing it when it is your fault in losing it. Cyber goods vs physical goods, rain checks need not apply for cyber goods.

• Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,139 posts
17,811 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

I love collecting ships, and I have a majority of the premium ships. However, due to real life circumstances, I don't have as much free cash to spend on my digital toys. For example in the shop, the VICTORIOUS OKTYABRSKAYA REVOLUTSIYA and the VICTORIOUS ADMIRAL MAKAROV are only available for a short time. I will be buying the Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya on the 10th. However, I won't have a few extra bucks to spend on the game till the 24th. I want both ships, even though the Makarov is just a Nuremberg I would still buy her. I can't be the only person in similar circumstances. So what I suggest is that you allow players a raincheck option where we can reserve the option to buy a specific ship for somewhere between 30-90 days. Make it to where you can only reserve the option to buy a single ship at a time. If there is another ship you want to put that designation on without purchasing the first ship then you lose the ability to buy that ship until it comes around again. 

It's not so much a rain check as it is sorta like a Christmas club purchase.  Sorta.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,876 posts
5,259 battles

Credit cards!

You give them this little piece of plastic, they give you all kinds of free stuff!

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
6,417 posts
12,065 battles

How about a down payment and installments. Credit and as long as you make your payments, the ship is in your port, no payment the repo-man comes. Once you have paid it off it is yours. How a bout a lease with the option to buy? 10% down you can take it into battle a limited number of times, lets use 3 as an example. After 3 battles you can pay off the ship in increments of 10% each allowing 3 battles. If you decide you don't want the ship at any time before total purchase, you are out what you have paid in already. By the way 10% and 3 battles are just to have a number representing the idea, I am in no way suggesting these would be fair and equitable numbers. I suppose that would be for WG to decide.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

How about a down payment and installments. Credit and as long as you make your payments, the ship is in your port, no payment the repo-man comes. Once you have paid it off it is yours. How a bout a lease with the option to buy? 10% down you can take it into battle a limited number of times, lets use 3 as an example. After 3 battles you can pay off the ship in increments of 10% each allowing 3 battles. If you decide you don't want the ship at any time before total purchase, you are out what you have paid in already. By the way 10% and 3 battles are just to have a number representing the idea, I am in no way suggesting these would be fair and equitable numbers. I suppose that would be for WG to decide.

Not a bad idea as well.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles

They do it this way, to force fence sitters to make a call.  By limiting the time something is in the store, they drive up demand, for people who will buy because they don't want to regret it later.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,442 posts
4,302 battles
49 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Credit and as long as you make your payments, the ship is in your port, no payment the repo-man comes.

Does he take the XP and achievements too? LOL

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

Interesting idea. The only way I could see it working, though, is if you commit to a required payment on the ship at the later date (maybe with a down payment or something). Otherwise I think too many people will hedge during sales and not actually make the purchase 30 days later.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,852 battles
2 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

A rain check is technically given when a store advertises a price but has run out of stock and they given you a rain check to purchase it once they get stock again. 

Cyber goods cannot run out of stock, so a rain check is not needed. 

I understand what you are saying, but picking apart a post on technicalities while ignoring the INTENT of the post is not productive or helpful.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,852 battles
22 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Does he take the XP and achievements too? LOL

ROFLMAO....that is hilarious.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,852 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

Credit cards!

You give them this little piece of plastic, they give you all kinds of free stuff!

Yeah I had back surgery and was out of work for a full year. My former employer terminated me the day they found out I needed surgery so I could not file a disability claim and raise their insurance rates. So for a full year, I had no income so it is going to take some time to dig out of this hole. I have a budget I have to live by. Since this is the only game I play, my limited funds for video games gets funneled into this game. If I could afford it I would buy all the premium ships, I can't so I wish there were options so I don't miss out.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,442 posts
4,302 battles
17 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

My former employer terminated me the day they found out I needed surgery so I could not file a disability claim and raise their insurance rates.

That should be illegal; it is certainly immoral and unethical.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,852 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That should be illegal; it is certainly immoral and unethical.

It is illegal and I contacted several attorneys about it. My former employer has used most of the firms in the area for one case or another so they were unable to represent clients against them. It is certainly immoral and unethical, I herniated a disk in my back that was pushing on my spinal cord, cutting off the nerve transmission to my left leg. I had about a 7 month period of rehab, epidural injections and every treatment option available. During this time I was unable to work a full schedule and all I heard from them is don't worry we are behind you all the way, we are here for you. The day I informed them that surgery was the next step in the process I was terminated 40 minutes later. Some reward for 10 years of faithful service.

Edited by Belthorian

[ARGSY]
Members
6,442 posts
4,302 battles
2 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

My former employer has used most of the firms in the area for one case or another so they were unable to represent clients against them.

They were in there before you with that very idea.

Scum. May a burning Izumo sail in their dark, unlit places for all eternity.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,852 battles
14 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They were in there before you with that very idea.

Scum. May a burning Izumo sail in their dark, unlit places for all eternity.

Yep and from a family owned business that was very open about their religion and religious values. Like most people I have encountered who profess their faith strongly, hypocrites. 

[ARGSY]
Members
6,442 posts
4,302 battles
5 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Yep and from a family owned business that was very open about their religion and religious values. Like most people I have encountered who profess their faith strongly, hypocrites. 

I have generally had fewer problems with those who occasionally mention Christ their redeemer than those who constantly tell everyone about Jesus their saviour. There's that tale in the Bible about the widow who puts her two last pennies quietly in the collection box vs. the Pharisee who tells everyone how much gold he just put in, that I think some self-professing Christians pay far too little attention to! But we are drifting off topic.