You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
saintsfan1622000

What to do with Victor Znamenskiy?

26 comments in this topic

Members
149 posts
9,114 battles

I plan to put him on my Leningrad and Kiev, but I already have a 19-point captain on it. I also have 19-point captains on my Khaba and Groz. So if I put him on the Leningrad, I'll need to use about 600,000 elite captain XP to make him a 16-point captain, and leave out BFT for now. 

I have a 12-point captain on my OR and a 15-point on the Tier 7 CA. I'm not really a cruiser player, so I'd rather have a great seal clubbing captain on the OR and the coming (at some point) Soviet BBs, but I'd also need to re-spec him for the OR. I'd then have a 12-point captain for another Soviet ship, maybe the Izy since I seal club in that sometimes. 

This free captain ended up being a lot of work to get right. 

[KNMSU]
Members
3,365 posts
3,938 battles

I threw him on my Nikolai, but only used the turret skill. I can't see any reason why ANYONE, regardless of ship type, would invest in the other two. 

Alpha Tester
31 posts
1,947 battles
5 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

I threw him on my Nikolai, but only used the turret skill. I can't see any reason why ANYONE, regardless of ship type, would invest in the other two. 

Some might be wanting to make him a Zombie Battleship build for when the Russian BBs come in like me. The more they will kill me the more powerful the build becomes.

Members
729 posts
3,902 battles

I don't play many Russian ships.  I am still stuck on the "sink 3 German, sink 3 Japanese" part.

I may never get him at this rate...

~B

Members
149 posts
9,114 battles

I doubt the Russian BBs will have the OR's DCP, which makes High Alert more valuable. Still, I don't use High Alert on any of my BBs, and I have 19-point captains for the USN, RN, French and German BBs. 

Members
149 posts
9,114 battles
10 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

PM is good on DDs, especially DDs that get shot at a lot since it helps protect your guns, Torps, engine and rudder. 

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles

Right now my plan is to set him up as a DD captain and use on on my Leningrad and Gremyaschy.  He'll probably get assigned to my Trashcan that never gets played, but he'll see all his use in Lenin and Gremy

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
663 posts
12,306 battles

Ye, i like to some developer answer what makes them that combo skill use to be.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,821 battles
55 minutes ago, Beornotns said:

I don't play many Russian ships.  I am still stuck on the "sink 3 German, sink 3 Japanese" part.

~B

Run the operations, killer whale will give you german ships and rescue raptor will give you the Japanese ships. It is a EASY way to get the kills you need.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,821 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

PM is almost a must-have. He gets a -45% to modules getting damaged or destroyed. What is the third skill?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,442 posts
11,693 battles

Nicholi and Oktober.....

Good captain for those ships.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 hours ago, Beornotns said:

~B

Japan ships can be simple in Raptor Rescue scenario and the German ships with the help of 3 friends Killer whale  fast easy.

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,222 battles

~B

Play Raptor Rescue; just make sure you kill three targets before you get sunk, if you get sunk.

[SALVO]
Members
17,030 posts
17,629 battles

~B

You can get the 3 IJN Kills super easy.  Just play the Raptor Rescue operation in a tier 6  Russian ship.  All the  enemy bots are Japanese.  As for getting the German kills, that's a little more difficult, but the easiest way should be to  get a div of 4-7 people together and play the Killer Whale operation where the bots are almost entirely German ships (except the docked CV).

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,451 battles

~B

Every other game in PvE I am seeing a IJN or KM ship or both. The games are fast, so you can get more games in. I got 5 of the 6 I needed yesterday in PvE.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,389 posts
7,392 battles
2 hours ago, Gandariel said:

Ye, i like to some developer answer what makes them that combo skill use to be.

Not a developer, but... Leningrad is a perfect example.

Expert Marksman: your turret rotation is utterly [male bovine excrement] out of the box. Reload is pretty good, but not rotation. 

Preventive Maintenance: Things break a lot when you get hit. Stealthbote you can skip PM and use something else, since your module protection lies in simply not getting seen and shot at, but Russian DDs are like bantamweight boxers in the ring with a heavyweight. They're going to throw a lot of punches, and just hope they're able to avoid the return fire. In the event that they can't, PM helps them not get broken down so easily.

High Alert: Because, well, duck-and-weave doesn't always work. The champ is going to get a few punches in on you, and because since we all know that RNGesus hates you and wants you to be miserable, PM isn't always going to protect your modules and it's not going to do anything about protecting you from fires or flooding. Wouldn't it be nice to have your repair party back on line ASAP? 

Hell, I could see even using this guy on Khabarovsk, tbh, just for HA and PM, and skip over EM.

Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles

It's completely trollish to put it on the Nikolai, which is where he will be stationed as I sail around clubbing seals when I get mad about ranked play (insert evil laugh here).  :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,296 posts
21,017 battles
6 hours ago, Beornotns said:

I got sick of so few in randoms I played Coop and got the last 2 KM ships I needed.

[TDG]
Members
1,171 posts
5,948 battles
12 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Every other game in PvE I am seeing a IJN or KM ship or both. The games are fast, so you can get more games in. I got 5 of the 6 I needed yesterday in PvE.

I got the German ships in Co-Op, then ran Raptor Rescue to get the Japanese ships.

I'll finish with a run of Random for the XP.

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
2,657 battles
On 07/05/2018 at 10:07 AM, Beornotns said:

~B

Just ask in the questions chat in game if anyone wants to division. You take turns playing a german / IJN / RU ship and work together to get the kills in Co-op matches. Takes about 30 -60 minutes for you both to complete the tasks if you work together and play smart because you know there is a ship in game you can kill.

Members
729 posts
3,902 battles
23 hours ago, Bravo_Zulu_000 said:

Just ask in the questions chat in game if anyone wants to division. You take turns playing a german / IJN / RU ship and work together to get the kills in Co-op matches. Takes about 30 -60 minutes for you both to complete the tasks if you work together and play smart because you know there is a ship in game you can kill.

And before you know it...

I picked up the German ships in 2 matches, then got the 25k experience in 2 matches this morning in randoms in my Leningrad and my Kutuzov (the Kutuzov match was sweet!  Made 600k credits and 16k experience with sinking 3 enemy ships and about 120+k damage [because I was patient and didn't act like an idiot]).  Thank you good flags and +125% experience Twitch camo!

~Beorn (who has the Commander, but has yet to play him)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,663 posts
3,814 battles

The current scenario is the Defense of Newport which includes both German and Japanese ships so if anyone is still trying to get those ship kills, now's the time to fully exploit the scenario.