Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nihon_Senkan_Yamato

Asashio's guns can win games if used right

5 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
17 posts
7,232 battles

So I bought myself the Asashio when she came out much due to my interest in her career with the IJN historically. At first I thought I wouldn’t be doing well in her because of the fact that I am not an experienced DD player. Since I started out from the CBT I only touched last year when Harekaze (cause if you cant tell by my name, I like anime. Though I really wish I can change my name to something more IJN centric as this name I made many years ago for WoT when I was young and stupid.) came which led me to start other DD lines and I tend to do better on DDs like Anshan and Aigle as they are less reliant on their torps or the Pan Asian because DW torps. But I decided to try her guns out as they are her only way of dealing damage to other ship types and I was amazed at how despite her guns not being the best (ROF, turret traverse dragging them down), they actually are good in a support role, helping your ally gunboats to gun down an enemy Destroyer that is spotted. They also hit pretty damn hard on British cruisers.

I usually end my games in Asashio now with an average of 70 shell hits trying to support my gun boats when I can (when I am not tunnel visioned on the BBs) and it seems to be working, as I am having my highest win rates among my DDs in Asashio (given I would call myself a terrible DD player its actually unexpected I have a 62% win rate on her after 40 games in). Granted her torpedoes hit really hard however, relying on them alone isn’t going to win many games. I guess I am putting this up to bring awareness if it isn’t known already among the Asashio players that her guns are essential to winning games and to IJN DD players, that maybe you can support your gunboats and open fire when your gunboats are engaged in a DD knife fight. If they survive and kill the enemy DD that is spotted, it is beneficial to you and your team. 

I sincerely hope I dont get any hate for this, just sharing my experience with the adorable Asashio and hope that it will help if it may. It helped this noob DD player here

• Bad 1

Beta Testers
17 posts
7,232 battles

Sorry sir, I was about to sleep and was kind of rushing it. If its annoying I am sincerely sorry. I will try to edit it right away

• Bad 1

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles

I mean Asashio has what I would consider decent to good guns if it wasn’t for the extremely slow rate of fire. I use them a good bit as long as I have a quick way out. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
14,443 posts
10,424 battles

Good IJN DD players will always use their guns when the timing is right

Sign in to follow this