You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

14 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,017 posts
8,240 battles

Regale us.

I joined a friend for several runs in the Raptor Rescue operation in Independence and Graf Spee (and quickly learned the bot Aoba/Myoko run DF and AA build), reached and took Gadjah on her maiden voyage, more progress towards Z-52 and Shimakaze, less than 60K to Yamato's captain reaching 19 points and 160K to 19-point Yamamoto, and of course more than once getting angry in chat at the potatoes.

Really need to quit caring about others' performance unless mentoring. Hard!

Found out torpedo DDs suffer terribly when the team carries them faster than they can do torpedo runs!

Also saw Cometguy in his Hiryu. He's mastered it as well as I did when grinding through it. Also saw Stinkweed (remember avatar w/ the toothy gopher grin?) in Kagero or something.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Members
200 posts
10,205 battles
34 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Really need to quit caring about others' performance unless mentoring. Hard!

This part...lol

Weekend was terrible, no matter where I chose to play. Ranked play was too lopsided at times with total blowouts. Randoms while a little better, was still a potato field at times.

Scenarios sucked....too many teams with poor ship choices. Too many watched the Jingles video where he says you have to rush south for the cv. With the update the cruisers need to be in position to deal with the dd spawn, those two suckers will wreck you. Lots of fails where the guys who head south get deleted or were out of position and Raptor got sunk.

Only managed two five stars over the weekend, those were the only teams that were willing to stick together and protect Raptor.

To top it off on Sunday evening had a guy try to stat shame me in chat when I asked if he knew his torps only had 8k range but he was torping from almost 12k away.

I called it quits after that, too much ignorance and too much salt this weekend.

Edited by Rabindra_Sooknanan
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,379 posts
9,538 battles

My week end spree was Battletech!

[CB-77]
Members
167 posts
1,387 battles

Same here, Battletech turned out to be great fun. Made me wonder why WoWS never got a World Map and Clan Battles to fight over territory like World of Tanks.

Edited by Praxz

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,379 posts
9,538 battles
2 minutes ago, Praxz said:

Same here, Battletech turned out to be great fun. Made me wonder why WoWS never got a World Map and Clan Battles to fight over territory like World of Tanks.

Yeah very enjoyable. Bit more of a time sink than WOWS. Still love my WOWS though.

Decker! Noooooo!!!!

Members
56 posts
7,005 battles

I played my final 5 games in the Roon (3 wins, 2 losses) and finally got the Hindenburg. First and only game in the Hindenburg was an average win.

After that I gave ranked another go. First game in the Alabama was a loss (totalfor  this season after that game: 1 win in 6 games), so I decided to try the Tirpitz and got my first kraken in a ranked game. 

shot-18.05.06_22.31.50-0586.jpg

• Cool 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,597 battles

Sandbagged in Killer Whale to help clanmates get German kills. Loads of fun blowing up the buildings in the Fushun :Smile_teethhappy:

Later, farmed statpadded some nice WTR, but sadly couldn't carry hard enough

Spoiler

bRosawa.png

As for Ranked? What's that?

[WOLF9]
Members
3,244 posts

Well, Friday was unspeakably bad, so I skipped Sat altogether.  (or maybe it was the other way around...)  Anyhow,  lag and high ping galore plus yukky play quality = nope.

I made up for it Sunday.   Played a metric crapload of games, won all 3 containers, and put a ton of xp onto Lyon.   Benson was an absolute fail for me, but everything else was pretty fun.   Even got Minsk out again, to remind myself how fun those things can be.   Also played Nor-Cal for a while.

I'm about over these constant tier 5 plus missions- it's been so long since I enjoyed some low tier fun.  (co-op player, means no inspiration breaks allowed, if you want a chance at finishing the missions.  And I WANT that RU special commander!)   Although, no longer giving a rip about Ranked- thanks to the awful play I've experienced- means I don't need to marathon grind Lyon to get Richie any more.   (But Lyon is so FUN to play!)

Kinda scared to log on today- a good day like yesterday is normally followed by crap on Monday.    After the debacle of last week, I don't need any more morale killers...

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Spent pretty much every game this weekend looking for German ships that wouldn't get kill secured in their last 100HP on me. 2 down, 1 more to go. Discovering that normal coop is easier than ever and there are still people playing it who can secure a loss somehow. If there are no German ships in the game it's full steam ahead and everyone gets 4km torps until I die. 

I never thought I'd get to that point but coop is such a farce it's very difficult to take seriously. The operations are a different ballgame... so don't read that the wrong way- not surprisingly I don't have enough friends / acquaintances in game to meet up to choose an operation with German ships. 

Anyway... the weekend grind to sink one last German ship continues tonight.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

I'm all about sales.  So I finished Edinburgh on Sunday and bought a Neptune at the discount, and by the end of the week I should be close to finishing the Queen Elizabeth and getting a KGV.  Meanwhile, I've been putting xp on Bismarck in order to be in position to buy the FdG (ugh, right?) at the end of the month.

I did get my special Russian captain this morning.

[T8ERS]
Supertester
61 posts
6,022 battles

I haven't played ships in a few weeks bc randoms have been soo bad, in divisions and flying solo. I mean games are meant to be fun  the sheer ignorance and lemmings is too much right now.

[POP]
Members
1,162 posts
15,052 battles

Hi

Its not just the weekend that's bad i play through the week fairly often and the last month at least has be atrocious.

However i have to admit this weekend has been a nightmare, yesterday in particular I played over 30 games barely  won 8 and 70% of those losing games we either in a commanding lead and our team decided to commit suicide and self destruct or or just simply refuse to put up a fight once a ship or two was sunk they ran away.

No matter how hard some of us tried on those teams the others just went out and got themselves blown away for reasons that were to stupid to believe.

regards

Edited by tm63au

[INTEL]
Members
8,581 posts
25,683 battles
On 5/7/2018 at 9:31 AM, ImpalaCustom said:

I played my final 5 games in the Roon (3 wins, 2 losses) and finally got the Hindenburg. First and only game in the Hindenburg was an average win.

After that I gave ranked another go. First game in the Alabama was a loss (totalfor  this season after that game: 1 win in 6 games), so I decided to try the Tirpitz and got my first kraken in a ranked game. 

Congrats! A Kraken in Ranked is an achievement.

Had an excellent weekend for the most part. Lots of wins, almost all games played well, with several 150K+ games in BBs. Divved with clan mates. A few tough games, but there was one where  my div mate and I drove into the center on epicenter in Yug and Fletch and were astonished to find all the ReD DDs (4!) had gone out to the sides, and we capped the center AND the inner ring right away. Breezed to victory, probably the worst DD play I've seen from a team.