You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wulfgarn

Notser: Tips For Ranked

28 comments in this topic

[TF03]
Members
741 posts
2,806 battles
1 hour ago, Notser said:

glad to be back :)

I''m still waiting for you to play CV in a stream all these late nights/early morning and no CV

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,424 posts
14,417 battles
On 5/7/2018 at 1:54 PM, Soshi_Sone said:

There is some irony.  Since I started the drive that took me from 10 to 8 without a step backwards, I have lost only two games in my DM.  I topped out on both.  Win when you're the only radar ship in the match.  Top out when you're not.  Hmmmh.

Of course, I still have the 8 to 5 run.  I can't get too smug.  I'm still waiting for the proverbial set back.  But I'll be running this approach as long as it works.

It's as if everyone read my comment about being the only radar cruiser in the match. Ever since I posted about being the only radar ship in the match all I've seen is multi-radar ship matches.  So no more wins that way.  And I've only topped out on losses a few times.  Basically, the approach that worked to 8, has failed to move me forward...and I've actually reversed. 

Time to take a break and re-assess my strategy.  Noster is correct.  I think if your goal is Rank 1, you pretty much have to hedge your bets by playing a "top out" on loss ship.  I can't play that way...and other than expressing it might be the only way to rank out....I don't recommend it in general.  As my goal is just to play five a day, I'll keep on banging my head against the wall....maybe try a variety of other things to shake things up.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
On 5/7/2018 at 9:42 PM, Notser said:

glad to be back :)

It's funny, watching your videos all the time has made an impact and helped me get better at the game. Thank you for that. Plus every time I run aground I groan and say to myself I just pulled a Notser hehehehehe