Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Russian captain mission: LOL Matchmaker, what were you thinking?

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,021
[ARGSY]
Members
6,363 posts
4,288 battles

So... because Japanese and German ships were in demand for the killing, I took my Furutaka out many times, hoping that I would be a satisfying meal upon which Russian Tier VI+ ships might feed. Having no Russian ships above Tier III, I figured it was the least I could do for others, and what can a Furutaka A hull do against the depredations of HE-spamming railgun cruisers?

I don't think I got more than ONE match in which I was bottom tier. Everything else was T4/5.

Sorry, everyone; I tried. I really did. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,232
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,686 posts
9,083 battles

I think most people went to scenarios for the ships. You get Japanese in the current Raptor Rescue and by rounding up a few friends, four or more, Killer Whale will get you German ships. Viktor showed up at the barracks last night smelling of cheap vodka so I sent him to detox while I figure out where he is going to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

So... because Japanese and German ships were in demand for the killing, I took my Furutaka out many times, hoping that I would be a satisfying meal upon which Russian Tier VI+ ships might feed. Having no Russian ships above Tier III, I figured it was the least I could do for others, and what can a Furutaka A hull do against the depredations of HE-spamming railgun cruisers?

I don't think I got more than ONE match in which I was bottom tier. Everything else was T4/5.

Sorry, everyone; I tried. I really did. :Smile_teethhappy:

To help my buddies get that mission done we would be in a three-ship division, two of us in German ships the third in a Russian ship. Then we would cue up for a COOP battle guaranteeing there would be German ships for my friend to shoot at. We bum-rushed the bots and killed the non-German ships, yoloing to get all the bots attention so my buddy could kill the Russian ships. LOL we were so aggressive and reckless we actually LOST a PVE battle, that is hard to do lose a PVE battle lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,307
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles

I bought back the Budyonny, so I could do this mission. I had it once and quit playing the Russian line, but after getting the Varyag and this mission dropping I thought what the heck lets give the Russian line a try again.

I am close to half way done on mission part three - all done in Co-Op, but the Part Two was a pain until a team mate told me to get the IJN in Raptor Rescue (a real Homer moment for me), I lucked out this early Sunday Morning (around 1AM), entered a Co-Op match with only one other human player and he was in a Konig and each team had two T-22s, so I got my Germans.

But before that I have been in matches where it was almost ALL Russian Ships!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
103
[PVE]
Members
512 posts
4,352 battles

Requiring you to kill one nation while restricting which nation you have to do it in makes things weird. I had many battles without , or with only 1, KM or IJN ships meanwhile the Russians were out on force. I sank a lot of Russians yesterday. It all worked out for me though, sinking 3 of each feels okay for earning a 10 point commander.

Edit: I wish it was for T5 and not T6 and up so I could have ground up through the Russian DDs instead of playing my premiums (currently in the stock T5), but it was fun.

Edited by MasterDiggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,307
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
21 minutes ago, MasterDiggs said:

Edit: I wish it was for T5 and not T6 and up so I could have ground up through the Russian DDs instead of playing my premiums (currently in the stock T5), but it was fun.

Yeah I agree with it being for Tier 5 and up. But at least I got to do in PvE and for that Wargaming has my thanks.:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
787
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,731 posts
4,763 battles

Well anyone needs another Captain to run the co-op or scenarios, feel free to send me a message today.  gonna try it again tonight when I get off of work.  Tried it solo all weekend with less then stellar results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,307
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
44 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Viktor showed up at the barracks last night smelling of cheap vodka so I sent him to detox while I figure out where he is going to work.

I am planning to save him for the Shchors, once I get the credits and XP saved up for it. Well if it plays like the Budyonny and/or the Kirov?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
103
[PVE]
Members
512 posts
4,352 battles
12 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Yeah I agree with it being for Tier 5 and up. But at least I got to do in PvE and for that Wargaming has my thanks.:Smile_honoring:

Indeed, PVE being an option is awesome and a very welcome change.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,550
[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,843 battles
55 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I think most people went to scenarios for the ships. You get Japanese in the current Raptor Rescue and by rounding up a few friends, four or more, Killer Whale will get you German ships. Viktor showed up at the barracks last night smelling of cheap vodka so I sent him to detox while I figure out where he is going to work.

Given his special skills do you think we will be a better cruiser or dd captain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
631
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,465 posts
11,780 battles

Play Russian tier 8+ in PVP. Saw 2 Germans on enemy team 3 times.

The Russian captain seems to be more for battleships with his skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,307
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
6 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

The Russian captain seems to be more for battleships with his skills.

Battleships?

I guess that would make sense, I do not have them so I guess I will use him on a Cruiser as I planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
13 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

The Russian captain seems to be more for battleships with his skills.

But.... but... muh Varyag.

Viktor is rockin that Imperial mustache. He will, someday, be my 19pt Varyag Captain. I will feed him Elite Commander XP until he is ready to go forth and dominate.

:fish_viking:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,307
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
1 minute ago, Skarp_AGW said:

Varyag

The Varyag now that is a fun little ship!:Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
302
[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,472 posts
3,405 battles

I was lucky in the 2nd part, thanks to the Operations for the IJN ships, while I somehow managed to nab the needed KM ships within 10 Coop matches.

I'm actually more worried about the 3rd part, because I run a standard account, and I don't have oodles of free time to play a long time in a consecutive sitting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
103
[PVE]
Members
512 posts
4,352 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

Given his special skills do you think we will be a better cruiser or dd captain?

I'm putting him in DDs since they need all of the turret rotation they can get. It should help get more rounds on target while maneuvering to dodge incoming fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,232
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,686 posts
9,083 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I think most people went to scenarios for the ships. You get Japanese in the current Raptor Rescue and by rounding up a few friends, four or more, Killer Whale will get you German ships. Viktor showed up at the barracks last night smelling of cheap vodka so I sent him to detox while I figure out where he is going to work.

 

2 hours ago, Belthorian said:

Given his special skills do you think we will be a better cruiser or dd captain?

I am not much of a DD player so he will end up in a cruiser unless a Russian BB line is announce soon. I got the Chapayev before the mission started so transferred a 14 point captain. He is probably going into the tier IX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
827
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,470 posts
3 hours ago, MasterDiggs said:

Requiring you to kill one nation while restricting which nation you have to do it in makes things weird. I had many battles without , or with only 1, KM or IJN ships meanwhile the Russians were out on force. I sank a lot of Russians yesterday. It all worked out for me though, sinking 3 of each feels okay for earning a 10 point commander.

Edit: I wish it was for T5 and not T6 and up so I could have ground up through the Russian DDs instead of playing my premiums (currently in the stock T5), but it was fun.

Exactly. 

These "kill ships of nation X with ships of nation Y" missions are inherently flawed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×