You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Piteous

How do I keep the player names and ship names on?

8 comments in this topic

Members
33 posts
2,163 battles

I'm playing on a new laptop and I can't get the names to stay on above the ships in game. I know alt shows them, but how do you get them to stay on?

[H-W-C]
Members
1,262 posts
3,355 battles

Go to settings, and under the General tab there is an option that reads "Alternate battle interface" or something similar, and set that to full or adaptive.

• Cool 1

Members
440 posts
12,829 battles

Had this problem myself after a complete reinstall on the weekend. Playing with the default interface is so horrible I can't believe it's even a thing.

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

At any time during a match you can press the <Alt> key and the names will be displayed above the icons until the key is released. It is basically temporary access to the Alternate Interface described above.

Best of both worlds. The info can be seen if you need to check something, without the added clutter being there the whole time. 

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
15 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

Had this problem myself after a complete reinstall on the weekend. Playing with the default interface is so horrible I can't believe it's even a thing.

It is astonishing that the default is off. People don't know what they don't know... an older friend of mine played well over 1000 battles not knowing it was even a thing. No wonder people quit in frustration by tier V. 

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
275 posts
3,719 battles

Also another handy thingy in the control section of the settings tick the potential damage an spotting damage counter to see it up by the ribbons while battling