Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Team kill vs team damage

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,981
[ARGSY]
Members
6,274 posts
4,243 battles

As I have already stated in general discussion, but will repeat here as formal feedback:

I don't mind going pink for team damage under the new system.

I don't mind owning responsibility for sinking one of my own.

I think it is a flaw requiring fixing, however, that I should get a team KILLER penalty when the ship I struck did not sink.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,227
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles

It's bad some folks take it the wrong way.

Please understand this is an ENTERTAINMENT system, and that team-kill/team-damage is now part of the DRAMA.

Doesn't matter if you only sail an Emden in Co-OP all your days..  You will eventually get bit.

One of your HE shells will stray far out of the dispersion cone and set a low-health friendly on fire.

It's going to get you..  yes it will.  It's inevitable.

Just smile, shrug your shoulders, say 'whatever', and play a few co-ops...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,378
[HINON]
Members
9,017 posts

Well under your system I could just willy nilly pop a few shots into allies as long as they didn't sink perhaps goading them into firing back and let them get team killer status. This would be so easy to abuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,206
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles

You get Team Killer status by sinking a friendly ship or by doing enough friendly damage over time and that damage threshold is rather low now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,563 posts
9,982 battles

I wonder if the enemy team in Co-op ever accidently team kill one of their own ? and if so do they turn pink? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,227
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles
4 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I wonder if the enemy team in Co-op ever accidently team kill one of their own ? and if so do they turn pink? 

NOPE!

Had one enemy co-op bot kill 3 of it's own   It's health never went down -- stayed full -- so no TK reflected damage.

Had a friendly Bot kill two other friendlies.  The PINK text message warnings went out, but never got the punishment message.

Not that we'd want out 'friendly' bots dying faster than they already do....  then we'd be down to 2 humans vs. 8 bots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,563 posts
9,982 battles
1 minute ago, AVR_Project said:

NOPE!

Had one enemy co-op bot kill 3 of it's own   It's health never went down -- stayed full -- so no TK reflected damage.

Had a friendly Bot kill two other friendlies.  The PINK text message warnings went out, but never got the punishment message.

Not that we'd want out 'friendly' bots dying faster than they already do....  then we'd be down to 2 humans vs. 8 bots.

Evidence of WG bot bias. What's next? AFK bots that don't turn orange? Soon the bots will get lazy and start camping in the back behind islands because they can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,227
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles
21 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Evidence of WG bot bias. What's next? AFK bots that don't turn orange? Soon the bots will get lazy and start camping in the back behind islands because they can. 

Only the CVs...   Even if there are only two opposing 'planeless' CVs left in the match, the bot doesn't try to cap.

Humans win.... unless there are two bots...  darn.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[1NJS]
Members
5 posts
3,920 battles

MY problem is now the amount of trolls that will stop in the line of torps with no care. There needs to be some type of balance to stop people abusing the fact they can run into the line of fire and just laugh when they get you pink on purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,206
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
12 minutes ago, Siath70 said:

MY problem is now the amount of trolls that will stop in the line of torps with no care. There needs to be some type of balance to stop people abusing the fact they can run into the line of fire and just laugh when they get you pink on purpose.

Don't fire torpedoes that friendlies can get into the path of no matter how stupidly they would have to maneuver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[1NJS]
Members
5 posts
3,920 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Don't fire torpedoes that friendlies can get into the path of no matter how stupidly they would have to maneuver.

I understand this, however it is not like my torps are hidden to players on my team. When I launch torps at something and my torps have been in the water for over half the length of their travel and someone on my team drives right into them or stops in the way on purpose. They should be the one penalized not me. People are abusing torps to turn people pink for the hell of it.

There should be some range check involved and maybe team mates should be warned earlier that torps are on the way in.

Someone not paying attention should not penalize me for them being trolls or not listening to the torp warning. 

All I'm asking for is some balance in the system to stop trolls, and people being inattentive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,206
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
3 minutes ago, Siath70 said:

I understand this, however it is not like my torps are hidden to players on my team. When I launch torps at something and my torps have been in the water for over half the length of their travel and someone on my team drives right into them or stops in the way on purpose. They should be the one penalized not me. People are abusing torps to turn people pink for the hell of it.

There should be some range check involved and maybe team mates should be warned earlier that torps are on the way in.

Someone not paying attention should not penalize me for them being trolls or not listening to the torp warning. 

All I'm asking for is some balance in the system to stop trolls, and people being inattentive.

It is not their job to watch for your torpedoes. I used to think that way but a bad launch is a bad launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×