You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xcalib3r

Rank 5 to 2 - How do you like it so far?

12 comments in this topic

[UEFN]
Members
387 posts
11,701 battles

Just got in to Rank 5, how do you like it comparing to R10 to 6?  Same game play, same rolling the dice with random players, same amount of CV, and same queue wait time?

When you broke rank into Premiere league, i'm surprise there's no irrevocable available until you get to R 1!  :-\

[SAA]
Members
856 posts
27,250 battles

So far it hasn't been to bad.  The matches I have played were relatively less salty then what I expected.

Some good players up in these ranks, don't mess up or derp to bad, also if you are in a clan review CW tactics, most of the players above R5 all fought and got to Typhoon using the same strategy's they are using in ranked.

If your not in a clan look up some YouTube vids of the first season (i think) of CW, most of the maps are the same.

As for the Rank Battle mode, I think WG has nuked it to the point its not really worth it. which is sad considering it was the one mode I personally use to spend the most money on.

• Cool 1

Members
248 posts
11,924 battles

I don't, because I've been stuck at rank 8 limbo, win / lose win / lose. ;)

[-VT-]
Members
383 posts
23,094 battles

Welcome to the playoffs!  You have made it to the part of Ranked that matters.

Ranks 22 to 11 is the pre-season

Ranks 10 to 6 is the regular season

Ranks 5 to 2 is the PLAYOFFS

Rank One?  You win, baby!

Better players get to rank five and above.  More devoted players get to rank 5 and above ("devoted" = determined as hell).  Lesser players and casual players find all kinds of excuses to not get there ---heard them all.

Competition is more stiff in the playoffs.  Team play is better.  "Salt" is far less.  In short, the games, in general, are better than those leading up to rank 5.

Queue time?  Ehh, you have to accept the queue may be longer as there are fewer players.

CVs?  Some, but not a large amount by any means.

Hi Turbo!  *wave*

Sabene

Edited by Sabene

[DKM]
Members
113 posts
14,544 battles
4 hours ago, Xcalib3r said:

Just got in to Rank 5, how do you like it comparing to R10 to 6?  Same game play, same rolling the dice with random players, same amount of CV, and same queue wait time?

When you broke rank into Premiere league, i'm surprise there's no irrevocable available until you get to R 1!  :-\

There were some good but bad player aswell. I think the quality was a bit lower than prevoius ranked seasons but I am out of ranked so I dodged the really bad wave that comes after.

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
438 posts
18,701 battles

since I hit rank 5 the play has been brutal for me. Bounced between 4 and 5 all weekend. going to take a break for a bit to recharge the fleet. 

[RMRGD]
Members
183 posts
16,888 battles

Currently ranked 3 as of this post.

Honestly ranked 10 - 5 was the hardest.   Mainly because the skill of other players on the team was varied heavily.   Some people would rush in and die.   Other wouldn't listen to other team mates orders.     I am not talking salt, just trying to have a team.    It was a little rough.

5 - 3 is what it always is.  Very good players, we all talk, team work is key to victory.     There are for sure certain ships that are dominating.    However if you have 3 DMs on your team this isn't helping.    A little variety seems to be winning.   Except for Yamatos, you guys can pile them on.   

Shout out to   -I-   Impact for being some of the most skilled players BUT very respectful.   I have not had one instance where I have seen then trash, salt, or put others down.   really appreciate it

[INTEL]
Members
8,581 posts
25,677 battles
22 hours ago, deresistance said:

Currently ranked 3 as of this post.

Honestly ranked 10 - 5 was the hardest.   Mainly because the skill of other players on the team was varied heavily.   Some people would rush in and die.   Other wouldn't listen to other team mates orders.     I am not talking salt, just trying to have a team.    It was a little rough.

Oh yes, get that a lot. 

Player A: What's the plan?
Player B: Well, on this map, B and C is best.
Player C: Who appointed you admiral?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,096 posts
12,657 battles

5-2 is currently making me glad for the 1 BB rule in Clan Battles. BB players who know how to position make the middle of these maps absolutely unapproachable.

On the other hand, ship selection is bad, and there aren't enough DD players. And then there's this:

L4C4gjC.png

[RMRGD]
Members
183 posts
16,888 battles
4 hours ago, Edgecase said:

5-2 is currently making me glad for the 1 BB rule in Clan Battles. BB players who know how to position make the middle of these maps absolutely unapproachable.

On the other hand, ship selection is bad, and there aren't enough DD players. And then there's this:

It only depends on radar positions.   If there is 2-3 radar ships between YY, DM, Moskva, then its very difficult to push on.   Story of my life is, radar, 10 seconds random GK/Yam AP shell random hits takes 1/2 HP or more.  I honestly dont fear cruisers as much anymore only the radar and the BB shells.   I been playing a lot of gearing.

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,719 battles

win loss is out of everyone's control

it's down to which team has less yolo-suicide player

with one of the selected few "yolo" people in que, it's whichever team that didnt get them wins