You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Landsraad

I think I've done it, I've achieved bote enlightenment

7 comments in this topic

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

This is my first ranked season. I've been looking forward to it, drooling over the rewards, getting hyped up. I unlocked my Hindenburg just so I could hopefully have a tier 10 to get myself up to rank 1.

Then I started playing ranked. I did pretty good! Better than I thought I had any right to at least. I've gotten up to rank 12 so far with a combination Tirpitz, Alabama, New Orleans, some good play from the rest of my teams and a whole lotta luck. But now I'm at a bit of a wall, I keep waffling between 12 and 13 perpetually. I look out at my credit farming efforts, and they've been lackluster as well. It'll take a while for me to get Battleship Hindenburg, and by that time will I even have time to reach rank 1? I've also got around four other ships to buy, three of which are on sale currently, and the monthly missions that I'm going to work on. So you know what? To heck with this ranked season.

If I get to rank 10? Cool beans! If not? Whatever, there's next season. I really want the Flint, that's my main ranked goal, but I can't get it in one season anyway (and honestly I only want it because I missed the Atlanta). If I do get my Hindenburg I'll still need to get used to it, I'll still have to grind frantically to equip it and retrain the captain in time to rank out before the season ends, why not just stop and wait for the next one so I can do that at a more leisurely pace? It's a game, it's supposed to be fun, so I'm just not gonna worry and have me some fun! I'll go get my Fiji and Lyon, I'll grind out some XP on my Cleveland to get ready for the split, I'll get some fun new captains. I won't push myself too hard. I won't get frustrated. I won't get salty because I'm not some kind of masochistic halophile.

So to anyone else out there struggling with similar problems this ranked season, during any grind or event for that matter: Stop for a moment. Look at what you're trying to accomplish. Remember it's just a game and that the rewards will still be there next time around. You'll feel better, the game will be a better place for it, and you will be a more content player for it. That's my two cents for the day. Fair seas, all!

[FAITH]
Members
41 posts
8,396 battles

m80, ranked is srs business, havent u heard

jk yeah people take ranked a tad too seriously sometimes 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
7 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

This is my first ranked season. I've been looking forward to it, drooling over the rewards, getting hyped up. I unlocked my Hindenburg just so I could hopefully have a tier 10 to get myself up to rank 1.

Then I started playing ranked. I did pretty good! Better than I thought I had any right to at least. I've gotten up to rank 12 so far with a combination Tirpitz, Alabama, New Orleans, some good play from the rest of my teams and a whole lotta luck. But now I'm at a bit of a wall, I keep waffling between 12 and 13 perpetually. I look out at my credit farming efforts, and they've been lackluster as well. It'll take a while for me to get Battleship Hindenburg, and by that time will I even have time to reach rank 1? I've also got around four other ships to buy, three of which are on sale currently, and the monthly missions that I'm going to work on. So you know what? To heck with this ranked season.

If I get to rank 10? Cool beans! If not? Whatever, there's next season. I really want the Flint, that's my main ranked goal, but I can't get it in one season anyway (and honestly I only want it because I missed the Atlanta). If I do get my Hindenburg I'll still need to get used to it, I'll still have to grind frantically to equip it and retrain the captain in time to rank out before the season ends, why not just stop and wait for the next one so I can do that at a more leisurely pace? It's a game, it's supposed to be fun, so I'm just not gonna worry and have me some fun! I'll go get my Fiji and Lyon, I'll grind out some XP on my Cleveland to get ready for the split, I'll get some fun new captains. I won't push myself too hard. I won't get frustrated. I won't get salty because I'm not some kind of masochistic halophile.

So to anyone else out there struggling with similar problems this ranked season, during any grind or event for that matter: Stop for a moment. Look at what you're trying to accomplish. Remember it's just a game and that the rewards will still be there next time around. You'll feel better, the game will be a better place for it, and you will be a more content player for it. That's my two cents for the day. Fair seas, all!

Good attitude!!:Smile_honoring: I’m also bouncing between 12 and 13 ... twice now

[WOLF9]
Members
1,107 posts
18 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Ranked is just there to provide you with signals and camo, oh and 250 doubloons at rank 11. After that, the rewards are not worth the expenditure in time and consumables. Besides, tier ten is boring enough without throwing ranked into the mix.

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles

I've played 1 ranked battle, we lost.

• Cool 1

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts

This mental reasoning didnt particularly help the last 8 seasons either.

However, I admire your optimism.

[DAY]
Members
1,182 posts
11,759 battles

i would suggest you to grind tirpitz and alabama in ranked

they still produce good credit income in ranked, but most importantly, ranked is the best place to improve your personal skill/map awareness(on par with CW maybe)

it provides more frequent 1v1 encounters, and on a more "fair" ground

you dont stomp low tier ships, and dont get stomped by high tier triple unicum divisions

you face same tier ships, often 1on1 or 2on2

if you can stand the frustration, it's the best place to improve your skills