Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

The A Line - what's up there that's so cool?

12 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,850 posts
13,067 battles

Sigh...can't really say much.  Picture pretty much says it all.

knife.thumb.jpg.5b0f7b87bda5a012de247be8f11b3bec.jpg

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,261 posts
8,868 battles

They opened a new potato factory up there. He went to apply for a position as head potato peeler...

Members
1,152 posts
3,145 battles

Could be anything. Nobody knows what goes on up there except for the enlightened who have firsthand experience. 

[WOLF9]
Members
1,110 posts
32 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Sigh...can't really say much.  Picture pretty much says it all.

knife.thumb.jpg.5b0f7b87bda5a012de247be8f11b3bec.jpg

Duh, quite obviously they are searching for the Northwest Passage, and possibly, Lemuria.

Members
55 posts
2,399 battles

Sigh.

Actually the picture doesn't say it all, but it does say more than you are implying.

Seeing as a large percentage of the red team is concealed, its difficult to say what is really going on. Nonetheless, allow me to speculate as to what it looks like to me.

9 minutes into the match, and the green force in the west has collapsed. rather than get sunk, those two turned away, and have been in a running fight to stay alive. Their position in the retreat is strong considering the visible situation at the time the screenshot was taken. They are both  damaged, the North Carolina particularly so, so they haven't been hanging out on the A line the entire match.  I would bet that more than the single BB was chasing them before you snapped the screenshot.  They look like they are working together, so I imagine the trailing BB was eventually sunk.

By pointing fingers at the two BB's on the A line, you imply that only they are out of position, but the force at the "C" cap look disorganized and under duress, with ships pointing in all directions. Judging by their angle, the two BB's on the A line are in position to angle down to lend support to the three ring circus at "C" cap, as soon as they finish off their pursuer.

Lastly, for you to take the screenshot, you must of been sunk, which says something about your own positioning in that match.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,634 battles

I need to get my fix of sniping from 20km! That's what BBs are for!

[STURM]
Members
302 posts
2,913 battles

Yeah, I had a match like this recently. I was in my d'Aosta, and I had the misfortune of getting into a tier 8 match. We had an Asashio on our team, and oh boy.

He immediately went to the far right side of the map, moved to the upper right corner, then went along the top of the map for the whole game.

Even at the very end, when there were no red DDs left and the only BB left for him to shoot at was on the other end of the map, he never got closer to a red ship than about 15 KM.

He was the only surviving ship on my team, (we lost) and his final experience gain was 170. 

I don't think he ever pulled the trigger.

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
30 minutes ago, pikohan said:

I need to get my fix of sniping from 20km! That's what BBs are for!

Amateur! Don’t you know your supposed to try shooting from minimum distance of 30km or more in a BB. And if you you are using a DD you must shoot Torpedo Wall with all 11 team mates between you and enemy and preferably you need a lot of launchers and use your Torp reload booster as well and then launch those Torps as well.

• Funny 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,278 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Sigh...can't really say much.

Free Potato Vodka

30 minutes ago, Admiral_Ballsey said:

Lastly, for you to take the screenshot, you must of been sunk

First, you can take a screenshot at any time during a match, so that little statement of yours is total nonsense.

31 minutes ago, Admiral_Ballsey said:

Judging by their angle, the two BB's on the A line are in position to angle down to lend support to the three ring circus at "C" cap, as soon as they finish off their pursuer.

Judging by their position, those two BBs were in a position to get their hemorrhoids inspected, deeply, by a very large caliber shell. They certainly aren't in a position to do anything useful as their guns are pointing the wrong way. They're down by three ships, and are behind on caps; those two are RUNNING, just as fast as they can.

• Funny 1

Members
3,805 posts
14,103 battles

I'm kinda curious too. I may have to saddle up on a appropriate ride (BB) and take a looksee. :cap_hmm:

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,069 posts
9,515 battles

Floating taco and quesadilla stand. 

• Funny 1

Members
1,847 posts
17,666 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Ballsey said:

Lastly, for you to take the screenshot, you must of been sunk, which says something about your own positioning in that match

A single torp doesn't do 30k damage so in less there was a lot of flooding (or fire damage from the 1 fire) those 53 rounds did some damage & 2 cap assists requires a certain amount of survival time...not a spectacular finish but weight was carried.

2 hours ago, Admiral_Ballsey said:

They look like they are working together, so I imagine the trailing BB was eventually sunk.

Can't tell if NCs rear turrets are facing trailing BB but Missouri's are definitely facing towards B cap & NC isn't angled for anything more than rear turrets to be facing that way...although the trailing BB (along w/the invisible DD from way out west) are possibly the reason for the NCs condition...more than likely it's from all the broadside they have been giving to all the ships in B cap. They should have been angling towards C a long time ago (especially as the big island above B would have provided them some cover) as opposed to just now as the shot suggests. They probably wouldn't have gotten many shot off while passing that island closer but they probably would have taken less & been able to double team that trailer while protected by the island.

Sign in to follow this