You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

Are Japanese carriers still better?

9 comments in this topic

Members
1,148 posts
3,141 battles

I'm going to go down a carrier line, and I'm just going to check with the forums before I do. I haven't seriously played carriers for over a year, so I'm wondering what the best overall line is? Is it the japanese? Is american AS as good as it was?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles

I am not a carrier player but I would say that for now the Japanese are a the better choice because of still having loadout options. Just keep in mind that the carrier revamp will throw out pretty much everything of the current CV system for something that hopefully isn't rubbing your stomach while patting your head all while juggling vials of nitroglycerin we currently have.

• Funny 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,344 posts
9,536 battles

IJN is still more flexible, and usually more predictable, which makes them better.

USN CV's are better than they were, which isn't saying much, their previous state left a lot for improvement.

Members
1,148 posts
3,141 battles

Let me ask a specific question- which nation has better carriers for operations (VI and VII)? That's what I'm primarily going to use them for. I'm very sure the IJN carriers are but it never hurts to ask. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
16 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I would say that for now the Japanese are a the better choice

I would say that too.

[NUWES]
Members
1,651 posts
5,551 battles

One on one, pretty much yes. Although I find Japanese carrier planes easier for my AA to deal with. 

Edited by Tzarevitch

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,344 posts
9,536 battles
20 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Let me ask a specific question- which nation has better carriers for operations (VI and VII)? That's what I'm primarily going to use them for. I'm very sure the IJN carriers are but it never hurts to ask. 

IJN, hands down. Ryujo is the best at tier 6. Tier 7 ops are pretty hateful for CV's, when you can bring them at all, Kaga's usually my number one pick, but Hiryu can do nearly as well.

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,858 posts
6,855 battles
43 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I am not a carrier player but I would say that for now the Japanese are a the better choice because of still having loadout options. Just keep in mind that the carrier revamp will throw out pretty much everything of the current CV system for something that hopefully isn't rubbing your stomach while patting your head all while juggling vials of nitroglycerin we currently have.

Ijn are better for the simple fact that they don't get targeted nerfs.

Ijn CVS get nerfed when all CVS get nerfed, but they never seem to get ijn specific nerfs like the usn CVS do.

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,858 posts
6,855 battles
34 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Ijn for sure.  You get better and more consistent/predictable alpha strike potential from tbs, as well as quicker plane turn around.  Both are essential for dealing with the large number of bots thrown at you at once.  The weak fighters are a moot point since the bots always use unupgraded planes and never strafe (meaning you can strafe all day long to control the skies)

Edited by Shadeylark
  • Cool 1