Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
wstugamd

USN cl premium?

32 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

71
[AAA]
Members
441 posts
5,482 battles

Are we expecting a new cl premium with the release of the cl line?

yes the Atlanta is a cl but a specialized cl for AA and raining he

Edited by wstugamd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
148
[S0L0]
Beta Testers
500 posts
3,672 battles

Maybe the USS Boise (Brooklyn class) at Tier 7 or an Argentinian reskin 

u can see her in the extended tech tree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[JTF67]
Members
59 posts
3,103 battles

I could see a USS Little Rock at Tier VII or possibly Tier VIII. She is a (modified) Cleveland still in existence at Buffalo, NY.

Edited by JAPridemore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
896
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,645 battles

I believe it's supposed to be the Boise:

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,821
[SALVO]
Members
17,122 posts
17,794 battles
39 minutes ago, pikohan said:

I believe it's supposed to be the Boise:

 

Not to be picky, but darn it, ANOTHER tier 7 USN premium cruiser?  As if 2 weren't enough already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
412 posts
5,682 battles

With 15 cannons, I would probably pick this up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[RTXN]
Beta Testers
627 posts
13 hours ago, pastore123 said:

With 15 cannons, I would probably pick this up.

Going to pass on this one.  Just a slower Helena with radar.  Besides, already have Atlanta and Indianapolis - plus Belfast for DD busting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[CVA16]
Members
2,309 posts
9,899 battles

Just noticed that 30kt speed. Why so slow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
61 posts
371 battles

I'd like to see the USS San Francisco in game, one of the most decorated cruisers of WWII, maybe with the upgraded semi-auto guns; the semi-auto system reduced the reload time, so it would be another fast-firing cruiser, I'd like to see an 8-inch cruiser with an absurd rate of fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[RTXN]
Beta Testers
627 posts
3 minutes ago, FirebirdXIV said:

I'd like to see the USS San Francisco in game, one of the most decorated cruisers of WWII, maybe with the upgraded semi-auto guns; the semi-auto system reduced the reload time, so it would be another fast-firing cruiser, I'd like to see an 8-inch cruiser with an absurd rate of fire. 

We essentially have San Fran in game with New Orleans.  

Want a fast firing 8" cruiser - look no further than Des Moines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
61 posts
371 battles
Just now, jmanII said:

We essentially have San Fran in game with New Orleans.  

Want a fast firing 8" cruiser - look no further than Des Moines.

Thats tier 10, and its outclassed by the minotaur in almost every way (other than gun size).  I'd like to see something that would be lower tier, like the atlanta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
71
[AAA]
Members
441 posts
5,482 battles
3 minutes ago, FirebirdXIV said:

Thats tier 10, and its outclassed by the minotaur in almost every way (other than gun size).  I'd like to see something that would be lower tier, like the atlanta.

Respectfully disagree. Mino eats cits all day. My DM feeds them. With HE and Heavy AP DM isn’t out classed in the ca/l world. That’s not to say there aren’t others great ca/l and the mino certainly is one. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[RTXN]
Beta Testers
627 posts
3 minutes ago, FirebirdXIV said:

Thats tier 10, and its outclassed by the minotaur in almost every way (other than gun size).  I'd like to see something that would be lower tier, like the atlanta.

Because mino is a made up paper ship. 

8" fast firing at lower tier would be OP.  You are never going to see one for balance reasons.  The only reason Atl gets away with it is because the guns are 5".

Can't wait for Worcester to challenge the Mino.  Got my FXP saved for her!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
87 posts
4,115 battles
13 hours ago, FirebirdXIV said:

Remind me, that doesn't have torps, right?

It does not. The Baltimore replacement at tier 9, the Buffalo, was supposed to have torps but they took them away midway through the testing cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
388
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,423 posts
3,367 battles

A St. Louis mk 3 with radar? Eh... I'd still prefer to have Atlanta pop back up in the shop. I mean Boise looks fine, but I'd prefer something a bit more unique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
61 posts
371 battles
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

I'd still prefer to have Atlanta pop back up in the shop.

Me too, just as long as they don't try to take advantage of our lust for it and set its price at like, twelve to fifteen thousand doubloons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[CVA16]
Members
2,309 posts
9,899 battles
2 hours ago, neworleanssaintsfan said:

It does not. The Baltimore replacement at tier 9, the Buffalo, was supposed to have torps but they took them away midway through the testing cycle.

Probably made it seem a bit OP as nobody expects a US cruiser past T5 to have torps so would make no effort to dodge torps as they move in to launch their own. Or the BB that sees the Buffalo sailing close by and just sees a juicy target that is actually preventing the red DDs from launching torps...just a few seconds for the reload..."Torpedo warning??? wth". I bet it got incredible torp hit rates. That would change over time though as players learn.

Edited by Sabot_100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[WAG]
Members
394 posts
7,551 battles
3 hours ago, Landsraad said:

 I'd still prefer to have Atlanta pop back up in the shop.

Well, almost...

The following ships are now available for Doubloon purchase directly from the Tech Tree:

  • flag_USA.png premium.png VII Atlanta 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0741/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,071
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles
2 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Probably made it seem a bit OP as nobody expects a US cruiser past T5 to have torps so would make no effort to dodge torps as they move in to launch their own. Or the BB that sees the Buffalo sailing close by and just sees a juicy target that is actually preventing the red DDs from launching torps...just a few seconds for the reload..."Torpedo warning??? wth". I bet it got incredible torp hit rates. That would change over time though as players learn.

The original design for the Buffalo, design CA-B, did not have torpedoes.  They were originally added back in Alpha so they could test a Zao equivalent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[CVA16]
Members
2,309 posts
9,899 battles
13 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

The original design for the Buffalo, design CA-B, did not have torpedoes.  They were originally added back in Alpha so they could test a Zao equivalent.

Makes sense. Wondered why the US would want to put torps back on their cruisers when, by the end of WWII, their removal had proved the correct path. (except in the minds of generations of disgruntled wargamers)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[ADPT2]
Members
2 posts
4,332 battles
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:55 PM, jmanII said:

We essentially have San Fran in game with New Orleans.  

Want a fast firing 8" cruiser - look no further than Des Moines.

Worcester has a ridiculous rate of fire....guns are like Mino's but with HE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
159
[RTXN]
Beta Testers
627 posts
22 minutes ago, bastardofwar06 said:

Worcester has a ridiculous rate of fire....guns are like Mino's but with HE.

Agreed, but Worcester is a light cruiser = 6" guns. 

The original comment in this thread was to have a fast firing 8" gun = Des Moines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,898 battles

I nearly forgot about the Indy, that ship has not had power creep well.

Id love another US Cruiser premium, though between the Atlanta, Indy and Marblehead, id only really hesitate at the Indy in random play. She still plays a role, but the RoF and her ability to eat damage from a random sea wave is annoying.

A new cruiser at T6 or 8 would be nice rather than 7 as the 7 bracket has the 2 currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×