You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

Karma for "helping the community"

12 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
918 posts
2,453 battles

I'm just curious to why we don't get karma over time for making good reports. I see that message about helping the community and it had me wondering why we don't get karma over time if we are handing out good karma ourselves. I know its worthless, as it should be but its also a decent meter of how you are seen in the community over time and how people appreciate good plays.

The way i see it we "spend" reports bad or good. There's not much wrong i can see with if we all started racking up karma by handing out good karma more often. Given how its not going to be used for much other than a feelgood for the player in question but whats wrong with that? More feelgood things in this game would be good. As it stands if you get out of a losing match but got some karma for a good play it does help if you earned it.

It would just be a nice trend to see it used more often even if its due to incentive a bit you are helping out according to WG by reporting either way.

Opinions?

[FML]
Members
1,772 posts
10,159 battles

Good karma is it’s own reward. 

I’m OK with the current system. Your approach might incentivise handing out pos rep en masse to random or “undeserving” players. 

[WOLF4]
Members
918 posts
2,453 battles
11 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Good karma is it’s own reward. 

I’m OK with the current system. Your approach might incentivise handing out pos rep en masse to random or “undeserving” players. 

I wouldnt do it to a 1-1 ratio. Like 15-1 or even something random. You hand out enough good reports and you get one for helping the community with being positive. I can't see a down side to this really since it's worth nothing. I just wouldn't mind seeing a positive trend in this game....you know for a change?

I mean lets face it most people save reports to report bad behavior. Thats how its spent most of the time right?

Edited by xalmgrey

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

You see more bad behaviour thn someone saving the game. I am fine with the current system as well.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles

Karma is a joke and means absolutely nothing; and the tattletale system of reporting other players is abused so often that I do believe WoW simply ignores it unless they get an overwhelming number of complaints.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
1,772 posts
10,159 battles
56 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I wouldnt do it to a 1-1 ratio. Like 15-1 or even something random. You hand out enough good reports and you get one for helping the community with being positive. I can't see a down side to this really since it's worth nothing. I just wouldn't mind seeing a positive trend in this game....you know for a change?

I mean lets face it most people save reports to report bad behavior. Thats how its spent most of the time right?

Perhaps I am unusual insofar as regularly running out of positive compliments but not always running out of reports for bad play. 

Ranked is obviously an exception. 

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,414 posts
12,059 battles

Just don't let your Karma run over my Dawgma.

[TURDS]
Members
589 posts
3,984 battles
17 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Just don't let your Karma run over my Dawgma.

That would be; . . . . Karmageddon. :Smile_hiding:

[PS1HQ]
Members
621 posts

I wish WG wouldn't spread false information when they thank us for helping the community when we report people for playing badly.  it doesn't really help anything except you feeling good.  

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
14 hours ago, Umikami said:

Karma is a joke and means absolutely nothing; and the tattletale system of reporting other players is abused so often that I do believe WoW simply ignores it unless they get an overwhelming number of complaints.

NR8siUy.gif

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,804 posts
15,310 battles
24 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

NR8siUy.gif

Thanks Cargo, needed that support!