You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MarshalSqueez

You're new penalty system is broken.

48 comments in this topic

[CHAOS]
Members
574 posts
2,491 battles

So, I just got a "unsporting conduct" penalty for brushing a bot with a single shell in co-op.  Funny enough the game also gave another bot the same penalty for lighting me up good, which of course does nothing, but did make me laugh.

If a single shell hitting a bot in the 100+ games I've played over the last 2 days in Ranked and Co-Op is the new threshold, you really need to rethink this.

Between a mission that makes everyone use one nation's ships but have to kill ships from other nations, the ranked grind, and now this, I'm going to say the current state of the game is pretty damn frustrating to play and not fun or "comfortable" as WG likes to say.  

13GyQ05.jpg

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

You naughty naughty boy you.. yep.. I had a teammate accidentally kill me for my remaining 2 hp..  insta pink

[EQRN]
Members
341 posts
8,895 battles

I went pink for 2 games after hitting, not sinking, a friendly bot T8 cruiser in co op in a Minotaur.  I got insta killed with what I could only assume was mirror damage, despite the fact the cruiser kept chugging along.  So I don’t know what’s going on, but this new system is broken.  Context: me and a Tirpitz are the only humans and the entire enemy bot team charges down the middle of Two Brothers.  2 Kiev’s make it through first, one gets killed, I’m lining up the second when the cruiser goes for the bot snuggle and I hit it and the Kiev.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
2,112 posts
3,577 battles

OP...this is not the feedback section of the forum. Telling us will literally amount to nothing. Furthermore, be more constructive, you need to tell them why you don't like it, and what it should be and why. A random rant is not useful feedback.

And again just to make sure. Use the feedback section of the forum. This is general discussion. You far more likely to get anywhere over there.

• Cool 2

[PNG]
[PNG]
Beta Testers
225 posts
8,148 battles

I apologized, but it should be "your", not "you're" in the title

To the point, there have been issues regarding people disconnecting or crashing in situations not under their control and turned pink as a result. In terms of team damage, the policy is always the same, you do damage (in whatever game mode) to friendlies, you pay price.

[CHAOS]
Members
574 posts
2,491 battles
7 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

OP...this is not the feedback section of the forum. Telling us will literally amount to nothing. Furthermore, be more constructive, you need to tell them why you don't like it, and what it should be and why. A random rant is not useful feedback.

I feel like I explained it, but I'll break it down for ya.  Hitting a bot, accidentally, with a single shell, once, in over 100 battles of both Ranked and Co-Op, that didn't kill them, with no history of team damage, is enough to cause a TK penalty under the current system.  That's too far. 

There needs to be some amount of leeway for an errant shot occasionally.  Otherwise team damage should just be turned off, because that's ridiculous.

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
2,112 posts
3,577 battles
1 minute ago, MarshalSqueez said:

I feel like I explained it, but I'll break it down for ya.  Hitting a bot, accidentally, with a single shell, once, in over 100 battles of both Ranked and Co-Op, that didn't kill them, with no history of team damage, is enough to cause a TK penalty under the current system.  That's too far. 

There needs to be some amount of leeway for an errant shot occasionally.  Otherwise team damage should just be turned off, because that's ridiculous.

Go and post that in the feedback section.

[VIP-2]
Members
804 posts
2,828 battles

You always received a penalty for doing damage by ramming, shells, or torps. Although they changed it so you are pink the remainder of that game. Unless you did the kill shot you are not penalized in the next game.

[CHAOS]
Members
574 posts
2,491 battles
30 minutes ago, c3shooter said:

You always received a penalty for doing damage by ramming, shells, or torps. Although they changed it so you are pink the remainder of that game. Unless you did the kill shot you are not penalized in the next game.

As can be seen in the screenshot, I did not kill the bot.  However I got a 2 game TK penalty.

Members
128 posts
6,187 battles

Yes, you get a 2 game penalty for hitting a bot with a shell.  I had a  team bot turn into my shot the other day and caught a very random shell from my guns.  I turned pink for two games.  Why the bot made the turn I don't know, you would have to ask him.  LOL!

My thoughts about it was I was pink for two games, so what......

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,837 posts
13,050 battles

Besides...pink is beautiful!!!

Heavenly harmony too,  if you have the ear for it.

Spoiler

[NAVY]
Members
1,008 posts
3,756 battles
3 hours ago, MarshalSqueez said:

So, I just got a "unsporting conduct" penalty for brushing a bot with a single shell in co-op.  Funny enough the game also gave another bot the same penalty for lighting me up good, which of course does nothing, but did make me laugh.

If a single shell hitting a bot in the 100+ games I've played over the last 2 days in Ranked and Co-Op is the new threshold, you really need to rethink this.

Between a mission that makes everyone use one nation's ships but have to kill ships from other nations, the ranked grind, and now this, I'm going to say the current state of the game is pretty damn frustrating to play and not fun or "comfortable" as WG likes to say.  

13GyQ05.jpg

2 hours ago, MarshalSqueez said:

1 hour ago, MarshalSqueez said:

As can be seen in the screenshot, I did not kill the bot.  However I got a 2 game TK penalty.

I understand your frustration but also realize that you no longer have to cause a TK to become "pink" under WG's new anti-abuse system they implemented in update 0.7.4. "Pink" is actually the warning phase which you can get for just causing team damage by hitting a teammate with a shell or a torpedo (you don't have to kill them), going AFK or leaving a match early, and of course teamkills. "Orange" is now the new penalty phase of the system when you violate the system while "pink"; however, I do agree with you that WG needs to tweak the system so it is not so sensitive. As @Hanger_18 suggested, though, you will probably get more feedback and someone from WG to actually read your suggestion if you post it in the UPDATE FEEDBACK section of the forums here: 

Paraphrased from the news release on the anti-abuse system,  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/anti-abuse-system/, 

How the System Works - 

In version 0.7.4, WG's new anti-abuse system is supposed to counter unsportsmanlike conduct and unfair play to a whole new level. From now on, players acting disrespectfully toward teammates by attacking them, being inactive in battle, or fleeing a battle will get a foul conduct warning first and will be banned from certain types of battles (except Co-op and Clan Battles) in case of repeated violations.

The status of a player's account will be indicated by the color of their nickname:

WHITE color meaning lack of violations.

PINK color meaning the player has received a warning.

ORANGE color meaning the player is under penalty and is restricted from entry to certain types of battles.

Once the ORANGE penalty phase has been reached, any penalty will be "served" in Co-op Battles, where each battle played without violations is one step on the way back to the "white" status. The exact penalty will depend on the number of violations and the frequency of their recurrence. Repeat offenders will "go pink" faster and face an ever increasing penalty for repeated acts of unsportsmanlike conduct. This significantly reduces the chance for all players to be matched in a battle with a "hardcore" offender.

Edited by daVinci761st

[CHAOS]
Members
574 posts
2,491 battles
5 minutes ago, daVinci761st said:

[a lot of text]

Thanks for typing all that out, but I'm familiar with the new penalty system and have read the article you quoted.  As you may have surmised, I'm complaining about the threshold for going pink, not my lack of understanding that there's a new penalty system.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,565 battles
4 hours ago, MarshalSqueez said:

13GyQ05.jpg

Nice vent, we all need this every once in a while,

this isn’t the first change to TK system, there have been a number of them, I haven’t played enough games to render a good opinion on this one yet but this is the first change that has gone without much support from what I’ve read here .. time will tell

[NAVY]
Members
1,008 posts
3,756 battles
Just now, MarshalSqueez said:

Thanks for typing all that out, but I'm familiar with the new penalty system and have read the article you quoted.  As you may have surmised, I'm complaining about the threshold for going pink, not my lack of understanding that there's a new penalty system.

10-4. I wasn't sure. I know a number of people in-game are still surprised sometimes when they turn "pink" for going AFK or having a shell hit a friendly, even if they haven't caused team damage in a couple of hundred games. A fair number don't read the WG news releases or the update change logs lol.

But I wholeheartedly agree with you that the new anti-abuse system is just too sensitive and needs to be tweaked by WG.

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles

It's cumulative for starters. You may want to upload the replay to YouTube and post the entire match rather than just the screenshot of afterwards.

Second, as stated before, if you were working off pink, not indicated by your screenshot, it would keep wracking up...

[ICE9]
Members
811 posts

Look on the bright side. With so much pinkification going around these days, the stigma has become rather boring. People be like, "Oh, you too? Teh lulz!"

[CHAOS]
Members
574 posts
2,491 battles
6 hours ago, BURN_Miner said:

It's cumulative for starters. You may want to upload the replay to YouTube and post the entire match rather than just the screenshot of afterwards.

Second, as stated before, if you were working off pink, not indicated by your screenshot, it would keep wracking up...

For clarity - that screenshot represents the sum total of team damage I've incurred since the new system came online. 

I was not pink to begin with and this is the first time I've been pink. 

As for a replay video, I don't get what the point would be. I hit a friendly bot with a single shell for ~2000 damage and the game gave me a TK penalty.  

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts

Pink isn't a penalty it's a warning.  Only orange is the penalty level.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,887 battles

HAd the same. Did 2k damage to teammate because I didn't check his position when I fired the gun. Turn pink for 2 games.

[PVE]
Members
9,567 posts
7,461 battles
17 hours ago, MarshalSqueez said:

13GyQ05.jpg

I suspect that it is based on percent of damage done, not how much or little damage is done. Since you hit a Kagero with 13,300 HP for 2,052 damage, you did 15% damage on the DD and went pink. I suspect that if you had hit a CL, CA, BB or CV you would not have got the pink penalty as 2k damage is a much smaller fraction of the ship HP.

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
8 hours ago, MarshalSqueez said:

For clarity - that screenshot represents the sum total of team damage I've incurred since the new system came online. 

I was not pink to begin with and this is the first time I've been pink. 

As for a replay video, I don't get what the point would be. I hit a friendly bot with a single shell for ~2000 damage and the game gave me a TK penalty.  

The word alone "screenshot" is self explanatory obviously, so it only gives us (those you are throwing your entire complaint out to), a single glimpse of the topic at hand. Nothing before, no other context, etc. 

To put it another way, it is like watching the "news" (if that's what we want to call it these days) and seeing a 17 second video taken from a cell phone of a teacher, police officer, *someone*, doing something that, in the context of that 17 seconds and nothing more, warrants a hideous act and violation against the other person/s in the video. What everyone didn't see, whether it's by choice or not, was the prior 3 minutes leading up to the event and the 5 minutes after that may or may not justify the 17 seconds of action taken.

This is where your replay would be helpful. You say you weren't pink, this would prove it.

[CHAOS]
Members
574 posts
2,491 battles
6 hours ago, BURN_Miner said:

This is where your replay would be helpful. You say you weren't pink, this would prove it.

Are you asserting that I'm in some way lying or being untruthful about that?

Edited by MarshalSqueez