Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mrieder79

Any other Khab captains ready to get back to BBs that miss sometimes?

4 comments in this topic

[ICBM]
Members
341 posts
5,121 battles

In random, I get hit very rarely, even at under 11k. Heck, I've kited BBs from 8km in random before. In ranked, however, I'm getting hit from 15km away sometimes. And under 10km? Good night ladies! I've almost decided to stop shooting at montanas. That's a ticked back to port in no time. 

I've done okay against Conquerors and GKs by staying at Max range, but man, those friggin' montanas. They're killer. 

Any Khab captains having an easier time kiting the BBs? Are you willing to share tactics? 

[SALVO]
Members
17,096 posts
17,761 battles
1 hour ago, mrieder79 said:

In random, I get hit very rarely, even at under 11k. Heck, I've kited BBs from 8km in random before. In ranked, however, I'm getting hit from 15km away sometimes. And under 10km? Good night ladies! I've almost decided to stop shooting at montanas. That's a ticked back to port in no time. 

I've done okay against Conquerors and GKs by staying at Max range, but man, those friggin' montanas. They're killer. 

Any Khab captains having an easier time kiting the BBs? Are you willing to share tactics? 

Are you using the concealment upgrade module or a double rudder upgrade build?  I find that if you don't use the steering mod 3 in the #5 slot, the Khab handles like a whale and it probably a good deal easier to hit because it can't bob and weave as well as a double rudder build.

As for Montanas, yeah, well they are rather accurate plus they have potentially 12 shells to throw in your direction which makes life a little more difficult.

[R-R-R]
Members
975 posts
6,615 battles

Playing a Khaba against good BB players is tricky.

She does  have50mm belt armor that can bounce shells but if the shell hits your stern or if you didn't angle enough, you eat tons of penetration damage.

Against average BB players, you can mostly just full speed running and wiggle to dodge shells. But against better players, you actually want to change your speed all the time for the best evasion result. 

I have been using SGM3 + propulsion mod on Khaba these days and think they work great at dodging not only BB but also cruiser shells.

Edited by Exciton8964

[ICBM]
Members
341 posts
5,121 battles

I currently use double steering mods, but I was considering giving up one of those for the propulsion mod. 

In the meantime, I'm just gonna be more careful about the fights I pick and the distances I engage. Glad it's not just me.

Sign in to follow this