You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hawker_67

Wgen was the last time you saw 20 000 players on NA wonder why?

20 comments in this topic

Members
65 posts

that's right folks when was the last time ya saw 20 000 players on na yup they get interested but don't stay and mirror mm wasn't the fix

be surprised if we see 10000 on weekends in another month. Ya think they would have figured it out by now....

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 6

[BS]
Beta Testers
208 posts
9,331 battles

The world is a put to end, the sky is falling.

honestly though, the numbers fluctuate a bit but I find them fairly steady, so stop painting the devil on the wall for Christ sake

• Cool 1

Members
3,468 posts
6,162 battles

Been playing for 3 years and have never seen 20K on the server - it is not MM but far more with being a narrow band game that takes some amount of skill to do well in.  They didn't make changes to MM was not to get 20K on the server.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,830 posts
1,327 battles

I'm seeing more on consistently now, imo, than I did a year ago.

Members
3,468 posts
6,162 battles
4 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

13K now - not bad for a Sunday in spring.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,556 posts
3,751 battles

Don't think I have seen a 20k, but seen 17-18k often during holidays. Who would have thought that the most people playing would be during the times of the year when they don't have to work:Smile_Default:.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,591 posts
9,000 battles
4 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Been playing for 3 years and have never seen 20K on the server - it is not MM but far more with being a narrow band game that takes some amount of skill to do well in.  They didn't make changes to MM was not to get 20K on the server.

I am not sure if the NA server ever got over 17k but the prime time numbers have been pretty steady around in the 14k - 15k range for a long time.

8 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

4 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

13K now - not bad for a Sunday in spring.

This at 4:30 PM Central time. We are a long ways from prime time.

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

I don't recall us reaching 20k even at launch.. but I have seen 17k.

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles
18 minutes ago, Hawker_67 said:

that's right folks when was the last time ya saw 20 000 players on na yup they get interested but don't stay and mirror mm wasn't the fix

be surprised if we see 10000 on weekends in another month. Ya think they would have figured it out by now....

Figured what out?

If you have specific improvements you are advocating you forgot to include them in your post.

The game is doing fine,  it's a niche product.

Members
706 posts

the bottom range at the most off-peak weekday NA time seams to be 2000 to 2500, which isn't bad, and all modes are still viable without much waiting time, but there are quite a lot of none NA people who play on the NA servers.

Members
1,563 posts
9,982 battles

It was never 20k ever.  Nothings changed

Members
687 posts
4,371 battles
9 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

It was 20k+ fairly regularly on the weekends back during the Graf Spee marathon. 

[TBOW]
Members
261 posts
3,846 battles
18 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

28 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I am not sure if the NA server ever got over 17k but the prime time numbers have been pretty steady around in the 14k - 15k range for a long time.

45 minutes ago, Hawker_67 said:

actually not that long ago, just back in February and it is just as BrushWolf said, it typically is 14k to15k 

shot-18.02.11_17.42.29-0026.jpg

february 11th to be exact 

[NDA]
Supertester
4,840 posts
13,786 battles

The reports of WoWs death are greatly exaggerated. 

Last time I heard the average age of WoWs player is somewhere around 40 and if the player base is a majority of adults real life things could very much be cutting into game time. I'm not currently playing the game because I'm making tasty BBQ for my family and smoked piece of beef is going to please more people than me pushing the Battle Button. 

• Cool 2

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

Yes its been up to 20K. During DoY it was up there, the Agile marathon and Vary marathons also had huge numbers during the weekends.

Just watch those times ships are available from missions. Oh yes it gets up there.

[INTEL]
Members
8,574 posts
25,666 battles
17 hours ago, Rocketpacman said:

It was 20k+ fairly regularly on the weekends back during the Graf Spee marathon. 

After Steam too.

Members
9,961 posts
2 hours ago, CylonRed said:

I would assume he's referring to the beginning of Clan battles season 2, where we hit 19.5k, and the swift drop off.

bAPqgPl.png

Too much turnover in this game to ever sustain those numbers. And they've killed the only server tracker out there, so no more numbers....:Smile_teethhappy: