Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jon1967

When did it start costing gold to mount economics flags

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
32 posts
4,589 battles

I don't remember economics flags costing gold to mount.

I guess all my flags are now useless as I will not pay to mount a flag.

Have they always cost gold and I didn't catch it till now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
672
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

last patch they introduced it, by any chance did you have the box ticked "resupply using in game currency if unavailable"

I think you mean signals

Edited by CriMiNaL__

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,923
[HINON]
Supertester
19,238 posts
12,778 battles

It's never cost gold to mount flags it doesn't now. You never had the possibility to buy economic flags before though, you can now. Used to be that if you ran out you were out of luck, now you can buy them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
504
[LOU1]
Members
3,057 posts
8,140 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

It's never cost gold to mount flags it doesn't now. You never had the possibility to buy economic flags before though, you can now. Used to be that if you ran out you were out of luck, now you can buy them.

This^^ Now you don't have to buy a bundle or hope for a crate if you run out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,488
[O_O]
Members
4,425 posts
9,588 battles

It only costs you doubloons if you run out of your current supply.  So, if you run out you can now buy signals that you previously could not.  Options are good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,790
Members
9,978 posts
4 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

It only costs you doubloons if you run out of your current supply.  So, if you run out you can now buy signals that you previously could not.  Options are good.

ROFL, options are good, except they also took away the ability to buy certain flags, now you must buy the bundle!:Smile_teethhappy:

And buying them with doubloons costs more than the old store price.

I wonder if we can expect a nerf to the flag containers next....:cap_hmm:

Edited by awiggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,826
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The new Buy as you go is now available, instead of wait till you get a lucky Crate or buy them in bulk from your friendly local Premium Shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
672
[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

I wish they gave us the deal the EU server had, 5000 flags for 70 euros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
32 posts
4,589 battles
18 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

last patch they introduced it, by any chance did you have the box ticked "resupply using in game currency if unavailable"

I think you mean signals

Yes I ment signals. I do not see an option to "resupply using in game currency if unavailable"

I have hundreds of these signals I hate to see them go to waist, but i'm not spending gold to mount them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,790
Members
9,978 posts
6 minutes ago, jon1967 said:

Yes I ment signals. I do not see an option to "resupply using in game currency if unavailable"

I have hundreds of these signals I hate to see them go to waist, but i'm not spending gold to mount them.

It shows the gold cost when you mount them, you are not going to pay gold, unless you don't have the flags to mount.

Edited by awiggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
407
[XBRTC]
Members
1,423 posts
7,448 battles
3 minutes ago, jon1967 said:

Yes I ment signals. I do not see an option to "resupply using in game currency if unavailable"

I have hundreds of these signals I hate to see them go to waist, but i'm not spending gold to mount them.

 

There's a checkbox right underneath the bottom row of signal flags. Make sure it's un-checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,790
Members
9,978 posts
2 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

 

There's a checkbox right underneath the bottom row of signal flags. Make sure it's un-checked.

it only shows up when you actually have a economic flag mounted.

Edited by awiggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,374
Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
24 minutes ago, Lert said:

It's never cost gold to mount flags it doesn't now. You never had the possibility to buy economic flags before though, you can now. Used to be that if you ran out you were out of luck, now you can buy them.

Actually, what did was make so you can't turn on autosupply for economic flags without running the risk of unwittingly pouring doubloons down the drain if you run out.

So your options are:

A) Disable autosupply and painstakingly remember to re-equip flags before every match, or 

B) Run the risk of wasting doubloons if you run out of flags.

It's a travesty that they set this up like this. There needs to be an check box that says "Resupply using doubloons if unavailable" so people can uncheck it.

Also, economic flags have been available in the store for pretty much ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,790
Members
9,978 posts
1 minute ago, Lensar said:

Actually, what did was make so you can't turn on autosupply for economic flags without running the risk of unwittingly pouring doubloons down the drain if you run out.

So your options are:

A) Disable autosupply and painstakingly remember to re-equip flags before every match, or 

B) Run the risk of wasting doubloons if you run out of flags.

It's a travesty that they set this up like this. There needs to be an check box that says "Resupply using doubloons if unavailable" so people can uncheck it.

Also, economic flags have been available in the store for pretty much ever. 

It does...as soon as you mount an economic flag, it gives you the check box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,374
Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

t does...as soon as you mount an economic flag, it gives you the check box.

It says in-game currency, which is silver. If they mean that to include doubloons, they should reword it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,790
Members
9,978 posts
5 minutes ago, Lensar said:

It says in-game currency, which is silver. If they mean that to include doubloons, they should reword it.

I agree, but they say the same thing for everything, and doubloons are an in game currency too. They should also be clearer on the resupply cost, that it's the cost when you are out.

ujjb5XD.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
660
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,866 posts
1,338 battles
35 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I preferred

buying them in the 100X bundles.

 

:fish_panic:

 

You mean like this bundle that's on the store right now?  Basically 300 of each of the 5 economic flags. There are 100x and 50x bundles as well. 

image.png.13f1fdffd82b6ecf5064fae624c9b440.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
407
[XBRTC]
Members
1,423 posts
7,448 battles
12 minutes ago, awiggin said:

It does...as soon as you mount an economic flag, it gives you the check box.

 

Hm.

Okay, so, question: is this a per-ship check box, or is it an across the board checkbox? If I take out Yamato, say, and I uncheck the box, then go over to Gearing after, will the box remain unchecked? Or do I have to make sure it's unchecked on every single ship?

I've got plenty of all the flags right now, but I could see a situation where it might get very expensive later if I'm not thinking about it and play an infrequent ship that had some economic flags mounted when the rest had long-since run out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,790
Members
9,978 posts
Just now, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

 

Hm.

Okay, so, question: is this a per-ship check box, or is it an across the board checkbox? If I take out Yamato, say, and I uncheck the box, then go over to Gearing after, will the box remain unchecked? Or do I have to make sure it's unchecked on every single ship?

I've got plenty of all the flags right now, but I could see a situation where it might get very expensive later if I'm not thinking about it and play an infrequent ship that had some economic flags mounted when the rest had long-since run out...

This is WG we are talking about, you'll have to uncheck for each ship....and if you turn off resupply and then turn it back on...you'll have to uncheck it again....:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,790
Members
9,978 posts
4 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

You mean like this bundle that's on the store right now?  Basically 300 of each of the 5 economic flags. There are 100x and 50x bundles as well. 

image.png.13f1fdffd82b6ecf5064fae624c9b440.png

Except that most people don't need India bravos, so you're stuck with flags you'll never use....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,374
Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I agree, but they say the same thing for everything, and doubloons are an in game currency too.

By all accounts, in-game currency is something earned in game, not something you purchase. I'll submit a support ticket on it and maybe they'll rename it to avoid confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
660
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,866 posts
1,338 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Except that most people don't need India bravos, so you're stuck with flags you'll never use....

Probably someone needs to math out buying the other 4 per application vs buying all 5 in bundles.  I've got tons of all 5 atm, so I'm too lazy!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,790
Members
9,978 posts
1 minute ago, mavfin87 said:

Probably someone needs to math out buying the other 4 per application vs buying all 5 in bundles.  I've got tons of all 5 atm, so I'm too lazy!

 

Meh, I don't buy them, but if I were wanting to, it would only be papa papa, I have plenty of all the others. So no bundle would make sense to me.

But then I disagree with the entire bundling for $, unless it's a real deal like the steam bundles.:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,367
[SYN]
Members
4,548 posts
11,437 battles
1 hour ago, jon1967 said:

I don't remember economics flags costing gold to mount.

I guess all my flags are now useless as I will not pay to mount a flag.

Have they always cost gold and I didn't catch it till now?

It's only been that way since v0.7.4 dropped.  It's usually a good idea to read the patch notes when an update comes...

And you don't have to spend gold.  You can use credits as well, just like with consumables.  At least now you have the option to replenish signals in-game, without having to go to the premium shop and whip out the credit card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×