You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

31 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,782 battles

Yes thats right a report for "Cowardice in the face of the enemy". This would be for players who feel that they can keep a star in randoms or never push into any of the rings on epicenter. Instead of the way reports work now with my proposal there would be a way to negate being reported for this. If you get a capture, capture assist or base defense ribbon it negates the report. It would be a built in rebuttal to an ambiguous report that is totally on the player. Too many times games are lost by players not moving off the J line even though they are full to 3/4 HP. Being reported a coward is boom in your face rather than the ambiguous generic plays poorly. I know reports and Karma are pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but this in my opinion would be a worthwhile report to have added.

Edited by IronMike11B4O
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

[MIA-A]
Members
139 posts
7,305 battles

I'd be fine with this....as long as its one of those that actually has no consequences for the person being reported.  It would be one of those placebo effects...It makes you feel better when you report someone.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,621 posts
9,014 battles
4 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Reports are the most abused thing in game. Pass.

This and that BB that is hanging 15 Km behind your DD is supporting you, They are hanging back so they are not detected too soon and their guns have a long reach.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,782 battles
9 minutes ago, Thunderstruck2016 said:

I'd be fine with this....as long as its one of those that actually has no consequences for the person being reported.  It would be one of those placebo effects...It makes you feel better when you report someone.

That's kind of the idea with the added twist of the person could work it off in game by playing for the team and the objective.

[MIA-A]
Members
139 posts
7,305 battles
1 minute ago, IronMike11B4O said:

That's kind of the idea with the added twist of the person could work it off in game by playing for the team and the objective.

I guess I should of added :sarcasm: to the post.  Your idea is pretty much like the Stanley Kubrick movie "Paths of Glory"

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles
15 minutes ago, Thunderstruck2016 said:

That's what all reports but misbehavior in chat do currently.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Back in 1969 our  HS wanted a new detention system Student appointed detentions. {Bully Protections} If a student deemed it necessary to give another student a detention is was authorized by the student council. When This was put in place the entire  Student Council was given detentions as well as the  The entire football team, Student Council and Players were held to  ethics pledge if they received any disciplinary actions they were ineligible for participation and to play.

The Karma System is already broken and is abused far too often. This Idea is also Broken and will be abused.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,621 posts
9,014 battles
1 minute ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

That's what all reports but misbehavior in chat do currently.

They do take away karma though which can limit the number of reports/compliments you are able to use.

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles
9 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Mike, my problem with this is trying to force players to play the way that you think they should play.  Not all ships are well suited to closer support.  At high tiers, cruisers are often better suited to long range HE spamming, unless there are favorable map conditions.  Some people will fight in closer in cruisers, but only if they can hug an island.  I find that kind of static play boring as hell.  I vastly prefer to remain in constant motion, even if that requires me to be fairly constantly exposed and fighting at range.

As for BBs, not all BBs are well suited to being all that close to the front lines.  I know that I really have bringing the Yammy in too close because her turret traverse is garbage.  And the closer you are to the enemy, the harder it is to keep your turrets on target or to switch from enemy ship to enemy ship.  This isn't to suggest fighting at 25 km in a Yammy, but with its accuracy, it can fight at rather long range and still  strongly support the team.

It's necessary to find a good balance between being at a relatively safe distance and being at a productive range for your particular ship where you can effectively support your team without getting trashed for your troubles.

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles
Just now, Rabbitt81 said:

images.jpeg

Did you see his character get blapped in Empire? mwahahaha

[PVE]
Members
382 posts
8,602 battles

No I don't watch. But I immediately thought of this meme because OP's post has the word report in it 7 times.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,414 posts
7,427 battles

I had a game last night where this would have been completely abused, though not at me.

Scenario is as shown in the map below.

DM is around the corner, entirely full health. He's not using his guns... but he is using his radar. RYY (radar YY) bails on the cap as soon as he realizes he's detected, and he survives. Red Gearing gets blapped by the Republique and our Gearing. Our Gearing starts to cap, but as soon as the DM's radar is gone, the RYY comes back and uses his radar to light up the gearing and take a chunk of his health. Our gearing is forced out of the cap momentarily, but is back in it as soon as the RYY's radar is gone.

Meanwhile, Yamato pops up. He's detected (by the DM's radar, because the Gearing is in smoke and the Republique doesn't have LOS to him), and our Republique nibbles at him a little while our Gearing sets up and torps the crap out of him. We're capping again... until we're not, because the RYY comes back. DM radars again, but the guy's cagey. Our Gearing and Republique get some damage on him but can't quite kill him, and he leaves the cap until radar is gone and he's not spotted anymore. RYY's radar comes back up, he moves into smoke, (which our gearing torps, but doesn't hit him) and he zaps the end of the Gearing's HP then runs away.

Republique and DM take the cap and are spanking a Hindy (not shown on the map) when the battle ends.

Our Gearing was top of the scoreboard, thanks to the DM's support with radar... and yet, he's screaming that the DM was a coward who wouldn't support him.

We lost the battle, but not because of anything that happened over here. (The real cowardice reporting should have gone to our BB at B, if there was such a report.) I spent probably ten minutes talking with the Gearing driver after the battle, pointing out that the DM was being a team player there, and it was his effective team play that had enabled (a) the cap and (b) this guy to get top of the scoreboard and keep his star... but he wasn't having any of it.

If there'd been a way to report for cowardice, he'd have lit that DM straight up with it. (I'm sure he did burn all his reports on the guy anyway, but w/e.)

Only thing I can think of that would have been more effective for the DM to do is maybe work counter-clockwise around that island and get in the channel after the Yamato was torped. Might have been able to get the RYY, but might not. Might have gotten torped for it. Definitely shouldn't try that one with the Yamato where he was, though; at least not while the Yam is still alive.

image.thumb.png.cbc8e23860ea9b50d6318a6038d5b781.png

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
500 posts
5,584 battles

Funny how the people yelling at me for cowardice usually have far less than 1000 games, many less than 500. Yes I always check profiles when someone spews salt at me and a lot of the time their stats are hidden. Then I think about the things that angered me at that pathetic level of experience and I just keep my comments to myself. Much like the idiotic 19 year olds at work I'm tasked with training/mentoring that think they know everything and the world revolves around them, I'm secure in the fact I've forgotten more about the topic at hand than they know. EXPERIENCED players may call out for doing something stupid but more often than not it's constructive and they do not abuse the karma system. Giving another report button to vocal minority of dead potatoes on your team on top of the 15 minutes they have left to rage in chat is in no way good for the game.

• Cool 1

Members
3,470 posts
6,170 battles

No - so many people are dead wrong with AFK players it is not funny.  Just today alone we had 3-4 players reported in chat for AFK and yet not one was AFK.  People jump to conclusions in a VERY short period of time and rather than verify AFK they spout off in chat and likely report for no good reason.  We have guys/gals with 5K battles that do not know the basics of game mechanics (look up the CHEEEEETING thread - funny how they "spelled" it) and these are the type of players who have no clue how ships should/could play.  Not every ship should be charging forward...

Edited by CylonRed

[INTEL]
Members
8,581 posts
25,683 battles
19 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Yes thats right a report for "Cowardice in the face of the enemy". This would be for players who feel that they can keep a star in randoms or never push into any of the rings on epicenter. 

Yeah right. Yesterday in Alsace on North, Red shoves a bunch of ships through C. A group of us responded and killed all of them, but ended up south of the spawn. As soon as the red ships disappeared a player got in chat and yelled at us for being cowards and running away. 

No, thanks. 

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,782 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

Mike, my problem with this is trying to force players to play the way that you think they should play.  Not all ships are well suited to closer support.  At high tiers, cruisers are often better suited to long range HE spamming, unless there are favorable map conditions.  Some people will fight in closer in cruisers, but only if they can hug an island.  I find that kind of static play boring as hell.  I vastly prefer to remain in constant motion, even if that requires me to be fairly constantly exposed and fighting at range.

As for BBs, not all BBs are well suited to being all that close to the front lines.  I know that I really have bringing the Yammy in too close because her turret traverse is garbage.  And the closer you are to the enemy, the harder it is to keep your turrets on target or to switch from enemy ship to enemy ship.  This isn't to suggest fighting at 25 km in a Yammy, but with its accuracy, it can fight at rather long range and still  strongly support the team.

It's necessary to find a good balance between being at a relatively safe distance and being at a productive range for your particular ship where you can effectively support your team without getting trashed for your troubles.

The way I think they should play is play to win I'm sick and effing tired of taking 3-4 solo caps and losing 400-600 with no time left because cowards on the J line refuse to push up to help hold the caps. They are in no position to do anything useful except die and be useless or live and be useless. Cowardice in the face of the enemy let's people know damn maybe I should position better instead of holding there Richard all battle doing basically nothing in the way of giving real support.

Members
3,470 posts
6,170 battles

It is an online game - they will ALWAYS be there and no amount of reporting will 'fix' it and no - no one s knows why they were reported so there will be no thinking about it.  Understand - LOTS of people play to just shoot some ships and nothing more.

Members
3,782 posts
14,033 battles

Nothing is going to force players to play any way other than how they want to play. And players cant be forced to do anything that they don't like to do in a online game anyway, they'll just go play something else.

Members
1,863 posts
8,842 battles
4 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Yes thats right a report for "Cowardice in the face of the enemy". This would be for players who feel that they can keep a star in randoms or never push into any of the rings on epicenter. Instead of the way reports work now with my proposal there would be a way to negate being reported for this. If you get a capture, capture assist or base defense ribbon it negates the report. It would be a built in rebuttal to an ambiguous report that is totally on the player. Too many times games are lost by players not moving off the J line even though they are full to 3/4 HP. Being reported a coward is boom in your face rather than the ambiguous generic plays poorly. I know reports and Karma are pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but this in my opinion would be a worthwhile report to have added.

Then WG would have to increase the number of allotted reports per day to 9000.

• Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
1 minute ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Then WG would have to increase the number of allotted reports per day to 9000.

Wish I could have given you the upvote that deserve's........................................................I can't so a grin and a laugh will have to  do:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles
23 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

The way I think they should play is play to win I'm sick and effing tired of taking 3-4 solo caps and losing 400-600 with no time left because cowards on the J line refuse to push up to help hold the caps. They are in no position to do anything useful except die and be useless or live and be useless. Cowardice in the face of the enemy let's people know damn maybe I should position better instead of holding there Richard all battle doing basically nothing in the way of giving real support.

Ah, but not everyone is going to agree with you on how one plays to win.

16 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

It is an online game - they will ALWAYS be there and no amount of reporting will 'fix' it and no - no one s knows why they were reported so there will be no thinking about it.  Understand - LOTS of people play to just shoot some ships and nothing more.

This is soooo damned true.  Some people don't give a damn about winning and only care about shooting ships.  I wish that this sort of player would just stay in coop where that attitude is reasonably acceptable.  This sort of players is essentially selfish, forcing their lack of competitiveness and the consequences thereof onto everyone else in their battles.

[HCH]
[HCH]
Beta Testers
877 posts
7,236 battles

Couldn't I use this report for all the cruisers and destroyers that leave me out to dry every time I try to push in my battleship? What about all the times cruiser players hide behind an island or 5 km behind my battleship?

[SALVO]
Members
17,055 posts
17,693 battles
4 minutes ago, sulghunter331 said:

Couldn't I use this report for all the cruisers and destroyers that leave me out to dry every time I try to push in my battleship? What about all the times cruiser players hide behind an island or 5 km behind my battleship?

At what point is something cowardice vs intelligent play?  Put another way, one person's cowardice is another person's intelligent decision making.