You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xlap

Three AFKs and we still win the battle

16 comments in this topic

Members
2,378 posts
7,676 battles

I had this game today, where there were three AFKs on my team, the worse part? We still manage to win the game. The battle ended by time,  my team was ahead around 10 pts. Great job to my team :Smile_honoring:, out of the AFKs of course. 

I dont know what its worse, three AFKs on the same team or that the enemy team managed to lose a 12v9 battle...

3afk.png

Members
1,936 posts

Seeing some in the r5-r10 bracket too

Bottom  XP on the winning team shouldnt get a star imo

And a 0 XP ship should lose 2 stars no matter what, including irrec ranks

[SALVO]
Members
17,044 posts
17,674 battles
7 minutes ago, why_u_heff_to_be_mad said:

Seeing some in the r5-r10 bracket too

Bottom  XP on the winning team shouldnt get a star imo

And a 0 XP ship should lose 2 stars no matter what, including irrec ranks

If you earn 0 XP in a ranked battle, you should NEVER get a star.  Simple as that.  Hell, if you earn 0 XP and your team loses, you should lose 2 stars, not just one.

Members
9,962 posts
18 minutes ago, Crucis said:

If you earn 0 XP in a ranked battle, you should NEVER get a star.  Simple as that.  Hell, if you earn 0 XP and your team loses, you should lose 2 stars, not just one.

They actually give a star to a 0 xp team mate in ranked? :Smile_amazed:

So afking thru ranked can be accomplished...somehow I'm wondering if WG thought that through

[RKLES]
Members
7,198 posts
8,955 battles

Multiple AFKs are more likely disconnected players which is definitely a server or game code issue and some of enemy players may have been disconnected as well.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,834 posts
11,180 battles

I put your win down to, they were all scared of the Asashio because everyone says its OP (jk) well done.

Members
826 posts
2,634 battles
45 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Multiple AFKs are more likely disconnected players which is definitely a server or game code issue and some of enemy players may have been disconnected as well.

Every afker I have seen in ranked so far, all had their guns turned. So it's not a dc issue.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,406 posts
7,417 battles
12 minutes ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Every afker I have seen in ranked so far, all had their guns turned. So it's not a dc issue.

You've never had a crash mid-game before?

Lucky.

(but then, I've been lucky too: there's only been two crashes since I started playing that I wasn't able to recover from and get back into the battle. One was solved with the launcher tool for checking game files, the other one required a clean reinstall of the game.)

Members
2,378 posts
7,676 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I put your win down to, they were all scared of the Asashio because everyone says its OP (jk) well done.

Surprisingly, they were not hidding, out of the Fuso, the other BBs were pushing.

59 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Good one.

Just think, you might have lost the battle with those afk-people.

I wouldnt doubt about that. Some players are better if they are AFK than actualy playing.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,446 posts
8,092 battles
27 minutes ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Wanna know how many times I've been trapped on a loading screen watching a battle unfold and ships get destroyed and when the game finally loads me in my guns are already turned one way or  the other? There's no fully good way to tell if it's DC, late load, or true AFK.

That aside being a ship down is not the end of the world, three, that's definitely rough. So GJ by your team. Which is the thing - a decent team can counteract things like this. Why I laugh at those saying CV's are too OP "And decide the match" - I had a match where my CV failed to load till 20 seconds before the match ended (and of course it's the one time I'm top tier in tier 7). End result - team stuck together more, making the enemy CV completely ineffective despite it being a Hiryu/Kaga with total air superiority. Playing smart, well, or both can beat almost any odds. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,198 posts
8,955 battles
1 hour ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Unless you load and then get disconnected or have game freeze.

1,266 posts
13 battles

Great job! Glad you guys were still able to obtain a victory.

Members
826 posts
2,634 battles
8 hours ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

You've never had a crash mid-game before?

Lucky.

(but then, I've been lucky too: there's only been two crashes since I started playing that I wasn't able to recover from and get back into the battle. One was solved with the launcher tool for checking game files, the other one required a clean reinstall of the game.)

No crashes since I went from an HD6870 to an HD7950.

Dcs will not keep guns turned, they will reset. These never reset. 

If crashing mid game, try lower graphics or the compressed textures mod.

[R-F1]
Beta Testers
1,862 posts
6,855 battles

Good on you... Buuuuut... Looking at the scores on both sides I have to wonder if that was a win because the other team sucked more than because your team was great.

Kinda like the difference between winning because you picked the right play to blow through the other teams defense and winning because the other team dropped the ball in the red zone.