You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tolvor

Radar

87 comments in this topic

[5D5]
Members
14 posts
8,542 battles

Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree but I am very tired of being blown to hell by other ships while in smoke, while a CA BEHIND a mountain pops Radar. I am sorry but radar does NOT WORK THROUGH ROCK, this need to be fixed. If I am missing something please let me know. This happens all the time when capping an area the DD is well protected from the other side via ROCKS. If this is "Suppose" to be the way it is I wanted guided torpedoes the go around rocks to blow up the CAs with Radar. Call them Radar locking Torpedoes. This a ridiculous request? Yes just like being seen through rocks with Radar.

Tolvor

• Cool 1
  • Boring 9
  • Bad 1

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,891 posts
10,457 battles

This sounds like a you problem

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,015 posts
8,117 battles

The good thing is that the radar only lasts a few seconds and has a cool down period.  The trick is to bait the ship to use the radar and then come back when it is on cool down.

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,550 battles

Meh I like my strategy of not capping and getting yelled at until ships other than a DD with 15000+ HP come to help cap when radar is camping hard

• Bad 1

Members
3,758 posts
13,966 battles
28 minutes ago, Tolvor said:

This happens all the time when capping an area the DD is well protected from the other side via ROCKS.

Those rocks will also keep the radar emitting Cruiser from shooting at you. I don't see the problem.

[SBS]
Members
2,448 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, GuntherPrein said:

Meh I like my strategy of not capping and getting yelled at until ships other than a DD with 15000+ HP come to help cap when radar is camping hard

Yeah, I like passive games.  I mean who wants DDs to spot or play objectives....

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
2,448 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, ReddNekk said:

Those rocks will also keep the radar emitting Cruiser from shooting at you. I don't see the problem.

Sure you do, its the rest of your entire team shooting at the radar'ed DD.

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles

Worst mechanic in online gaming history.

Sadly, WG isn't going to change it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Members
2,368 posts
7,652 battles

All this whine about radar is getting boring... :Smile_facepalm:

Dont sit in smoke with a radar cruiser nearby. Use islands as cover. WASD like crazy.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
2 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Dont sit in smoke with a radar cruiser nearby. Use islands as cover. WASD like crazy.

Uh-huh.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,824 posts
11,180 battles

Only thing I think of when I realise I am out of position and there is a Russian CA in radar range, "25 seconds of pain"

[5D5]
Members
2,277 posts
14,278 battles

So OP sits in smoke while he acknowledges there is radar in his match...I just don't know what the problem is....rofl

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,796 posts
15,175 battles
1 hour ago, ExploratorOne said:

the radar only lasts a few seconds

25, 35, or 40 seconds is NOT a few; especially when you are the ship being targeted by multiple reds.

FYI OP, you can count on the radar spamming community to come out in force to "pooh-pooh" your complaints; they're the players who use the cheat often and don't want WoW to nerf it back to ... well ... REALITY! Some people will do anything to win.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Members
3,254 posts
9,531 battles
11 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

Quit [edited] and adjust your tactics to compensate.

Yes, adjust tactics by playing a BB or a CA.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,564 posts
8,979 battles
31 minutes ago, Xlap said:

WTDnnwE.gif

[TMS]
Members
1,707 posts
21,992 battles
44 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Yes because only the radar cruiser can shoot at you LOL as the DD is immune to all other incoming fire while the radar is active.

[PLPT]
Members
627 posts
6,788 battles
13 minutes ago, Thunderstruck2016 said:

Day's since "Radar working through islands should be fixed" thread: 6    0

They can keep locking radar threads (I'm sure this one gets locked soon), but the threads will keep getting restarted, because it's a broken mechanic with no counter.

Besides chain radar from multiple radar cruisers, the Radar Surveillance Mod is especially ridiculous.  What other buff in the game gives you 40%?  Not only is radar the most OP consumable which needs nerfing, but WG hands out a 40% duration buff.  Imagine if the Akizuki got a 40% reduction in reload time, or if a British BB got a 40% bonus to damage control.  WG has literally given a 40% buff to Des Moine's already-OP radar, increasing it to 56 seconds.  In game time, that is forever, and of all consumables radar is the one that needed a buff the least.

It's just horrible game design.

Go ahead and lock the thread now, but another one will soon start.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[SIDE]
Members
1,406 posts
1 hour ago, Tolvor said:

Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree but I am very tired of being blown to hell by other ships while in smoke, while a CA BEHIND a mountain pops Radar. I am sorry but radar does NOT WORK THROUGH ROCK, this need to be fixed. If I am missing something please let me know. This happens all the time when capping an area the DD is well protected from the other side via ROCKS. If this is "Suppose" to be the way it is I wanted guided torpedoes the go around rocks to blow up the CAs with Radar. Call them Radar locking Torpedoes. This a ridiculous request? Yes just like being seen through rocks with Radar.

Tolvor

If you are in open water sitting in smoke within range of a radar ship you are doing it wrong. Watch minimap. Identify radar boats. Stay away from them. Communicate with team to focus fire them early on. Time your attacks, if you must, so that you can operat during radar cool down periods.

Its a super simple mechanic. Very easy to work around for even a total potato.

[STW-D]
Supertester
1,648 posts
5,146 battles
25 minutes ago, Thunderstruck2016 said:

Day's since "Radar working through islands should be fixed" thread: 6    0

No way we got up to 6.  I call shenanigans

[SIDE]
Members
1,406 posts
5 minutes ago, n00bot said:

They can keep locking radar threads (I'm sure this one gets locked soon), but the threads will keep getting restarted, because it's a broken mechanic with no counter.

Besides chain radar from multiple radar cruisers, the Radar Surveillance Mod is especially ridiculous.  What other buff in the game gives you 40%?  Not only is radar the most OP consumable which needs nerfing, but WG hands out a 40% duration buff.  Imagine if the Akizuki got a 40% reduction in reload time, or if a British BB got a 40% bonus to damage control.  WG has literally given a 40% buff to Des Moine's already-OP radar, increasing it to 56 seconds.  In game time, that is forever, and of all consumables radar is the one that needed a buff the least.

It's just horrible game design.

Go ahead and lock the thread now, but another one will soon start.

Ok. So obvious troll pot stirring drive by post identified.

great work. You have been identified as someone to not pay attention to.

[SIDE]
Members
1,406 posts
28 minutes ago, Umikami said:

25, 35, or 40 seconds is NOT a few; especially when you are the ship being targeted by multiple reds.

FYI OP, you can count on the radar spamming community to come out in force to "pooh-pooh" your complaints; they're the players who use the cheat often and don't want WoW to nerf it back to ... well ... REALITY! Some people will do anything to win.

It’s a cheat now?

Wow, the hysteria is coming early in this thread. Lol.