Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tikenen

where should I start?

6 comments in this topic

Members
27 posts
111 battles

I am trying to go up the american cruiser line to find a ship for high rate of fire and over all just decent shell spam and versatility. 

I am going up the japanese destroyer line hoping that I will find something like a sniper. Firing from a hidden position with torpedoes to sink ships focused elsewhere.

and finally I am going into the German battleships mainly because of the secondaries, I want to get up close and just delete people while everyone around me is getting smothered.

are these the right places to start for these sort of goals? And where will I start to see the apex of these traits?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,617 battles

1) Yes, but you won't find it until the DM... or until they do the CL split.

EDIT: I suppose there is the Cleveland too...

2) Buy an Asashio :Smile_sceptic:

3) Secondaries are a trap, but if you insist, they are good (for secondaries) on the Germans starting from T8.

Edited by pikohan
  • Cool 2

Members
27 posts
111 battles
2 minutes ago, pikohan said:

1) Yes, but you won't find it until the DM... or until they do the CL split.

2) Buy an Asashio :Smile_sceptic:

3) Secondaries are a trap, but if you insist, they are good (for secondaries) on the Germans starting from T8.

thank you, this is exactly the information I was looking for. Ill start grinding.
lol wish me luck

• Cool 1

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,017 battles

1) The Atlanta when it goes on sale again. (Kinda meh range but RoF is amazing. Just sit behind islands and hold left click). The Cleveland currently has a good number of guns and decent RoF but it is about to be moved. Des Moines is the first in the current line that has rapid fire. After the upcoming split, I’m sure the CL line will have plenty of fast firing ships.

2) To me a sniper is something that can pop off one salvo and do a lot of damage from relative stealth. That means stealthy BB’s. Tier 10 French and USN both seem like that to me. As far as torpedoes, it’s a mixed bag. You should look into the DD lines because none of them quite fit what I believe you are thinking of. IJN DD’s have meh guns and meh torps. The torps are just spotted from too far away.

3) You’re right on this one. Tier 8+ German BB’s and the French BB’s along with the Tirpitz all have pretty good secondaries. They don’t really do a ton but are fun to have. 

Just start working toward them and making sure you are leveling up commanders. The commander skills can make a big difference as you level up.

[DETN8]
Members
97 posts
7,267 battles

For the shell spam, I would say switching over to the Russian DDs is worth consideration --- huge shell spam and being annoying without a citadel was really fun for me and the Khab was my first T10. The USN line is mostly an island hugging support role and you won't get high RoF until the T10 (besides the T6 Cleveland), if you're OK with that gameplay. 

EDIT: The German cruisers are also worth consideration, the T10 Hindy is considered the "Jack of all Trades" cruiser and is really damn fun to play. 

Edited by dragon1249

1,542 posts
26 battles
On 06/05/2018 at 5:44 PM, Tikenen said:

thank you, this is exactly the information I was looking for. Ill start grinding.
lol wish me luck

Good luck and have fun @Tikenen!

Sign in to follow this