Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Kaga

Lego Steampunk Airship Gunboat

11 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,996 battles

Figured there might potentially be an audience for this here. Spent all night and morning, starting about 13 hours ago, working on it. I wound up settling on an open flying bridge with doghouses on the tips, because nothing else really looked as good in the end. It's a *little* funky to my eyes, but hell - it's steampunk.

Haven't decided on a name yet.

Surprisingly, this doesn't have that many pieces, relative to its pretty enormous size. 

lSWf8oE.png

zWqcE58.png

ypXx14Z.png

cYjPTLV.png

tRRoMOD.png

Edited by Battlecruiser_NewZealand
  • Cool 6

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,836 battles

Awesome. Legos rule.

Thanks for sharing.

My kid (11 yo) insists on building out Legos out exactly per the instructions and then never changing them or building anything different.

Sheesh. Kids these days.

It's good to see Legos put to more creative use.

[ASHIP]
Members
597 posts
5,316 battles
3 minutes ago, Jester_of_War said:

Sheesh. Kids these days.

Pah! The youth these days are so LAZY and UNCREATIVE!

Back in my day, we wouldn't rest until we had invented four new vehicle types built entirely out of Duplo! And as soon as we had made them, we'd destroy them again, so the pieces could be cannibalised in the creation of all new new and unique builds! It was a different age...

...Man I miss 2013 :Smile_sad:

Spoiler

Out of character for a sec; I really like how you flipped the longboat hull around. That's such a cool idea! My only qualm is that the colours make the gun/superstructure look as if they aren't really part of the same build. Maybe putting some solid/white bits near the bottom might make it all come together a bit more? I dunno.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,803 posts
15,265 battles

Nice job ... which is why I gave it a happy face!

1,266 posts
13 battles

Wow, the details. This is awesome! I'm not sure I could sit for 13 hours, haha. Great job on this though! 

1,542 posts
26 battles

Love it! The air balloons really add to it! Looks like it could be in a Studio Ghibli movie!

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,996 battles
On 5/6/2018 at 4:39 PM, Jazzyblaster said:

Wow, the details. This is awesome! I'm not sure I could sit for 13 hours, haha. Great job on this though! 

Well, I'm lazy, out of work, massively depressed, and trying to distract myself from tragedy... so it's this or sleep.

1,266 posts
13 battles
3 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

Well, I'm lazy, out of work, massively depressed, and trying to distract myself from tragedy... so it's this or sleep.

No worries, and I didn't mean anything negative by my statement (I sincerely apologize if it was received that way). I immensely enjoy your models and am glad that you chose to share them with us on the forums. 

• Cool 1

[KNMSU]
Members
3,368 posts
3,996 battles
4 hours ago, Jazzyblaster said:

No worries, and I didn't mean anything negative by my statement (I sincerely apologize if it was received that way). I immensely enjoy your models and am glad that you chose to share them with us on the forums. 

No, no - I didn't take what you said as negative. And most of my depression is oriented around the suffering of someone very dear to me, and the unknown regarding her future. But, no, it just is what it is - I am in a hole right now, and I pray things will get better. Thanks for the compliments.

Sign in to follow this