You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

Why are we seeing more US Warships.. Why NOT OTHERS !!

85 comments in this topic

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
170 posts
6,556 battles

Why are we seeing more US Warships, especially of the same class ??? 

Why arent we seeing new warships from the royal navy like a destroyer line ?

Why arent we seeing More commonwealth ships???

Why dont we see a Canadian Navy line ???

Here is a list of Canadian Navy ships

ships of the Royal Canadian Navy of World War 2

Im not canadian but I think the lack of Commonwealth ships and also even a Royal navy line  of destroyers when we  have a full line of US Ships,  when a lot of these new ships even new prmiums could be constructed. 

Instead we get, version 2 of a cleveland class  et el    etc. 

Im sure all the Americans will  howl me down but you have  your ships, deal with it, we need newer navy , different naval ships and ship classes. 

How about it wargaming !!!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 20
  • Angry 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,897 posts
5,717 battles

It makes money and attracts players on the North American server. I do hope they add French and British DDs, just to balance out the BB-heavy meta, but for now some new American hardware is not a bad idea for them.

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
2 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

It makes money and attracts players on the North American server. I do hope they add French and British DDs, just to balance out the BB-heavy meta, but for now some new American hardware is not a bad idea for them.

Aside from times with missions, the meta does balance out to the point sometimes where I have often seen BBs vanish out of MM and it’s all DDs, CAs, and sometimes CVs. BBs are huge and therefore easy to hit with torpedoes or guns. As a DD or CA I love seeing BBs since they usually mean very high Damage scores for me.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
170 posts
6,556 battles

theres enough American content for all ship classes to keep the na server and everyone happy including the premiums.

Im sure WG can think more laterally for other navies and bring in new and different ships/classes of other navies.

Americans are not the only ones that are patriotic and would like to see their own ships  and commonwealth navies come from many different countries and would yield a larger target audience and therefore be more profitable. 

The new American ships go on All the servers, not just the NA one.. So im saying we dont need more American ships at the moment, but more ships of different classes from Navies not seen before would be good.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 7

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles

Because this is America! [edited] Yeah! Coming to citadel the day, yeah!

• Funny 5
  • Bad 2

[WOLFB]
Members
2,690 posts
5,047 battles

They are always adding new ships and updating lines. This is the American turn for a line split. 

• Cool 1

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,391 posts
5,104 battles

It's the NA server? US anything tends to be more popular over here for obvious reasons. It is the same in basically any game that has US stuff. US cruiser line split is the first new content for them in a long time.

Edited by AdmiralPiett
  • Cool 1

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,996 posts
5,967 battles

When exactly was the last time the Americans actually got anything that wasn’t a premium?

Oh right, during CBT...

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles

Wasn't the french line recently added, a few new premiums, they do have dev blogs outlining what they want to achieve, you could always start there to see whats next.  I'm happy with whatever they bring out.  Does not mean I want it, but adds new texture to the game.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
173 posts
5,362 battles

Here's an answer you won't like.

BECAUSE THE AMERICANS ACTUALLY BUILT (almost) ALL OF THEIR SHIPS AND THEY ACTUALLY FOUGHT IN THE WAR!

• Cool 12
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,861 posts
11,568 battles

Did you throw this [edited] fit when they split the Soviet and IJN dd lines?  This is the first American (partial) line added in a very long time. All those French and Pan-Asian ships don't count for you?

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
26 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

They're nothing more than either British ships or American ships flying the Canadian flag, sorry mate I want my super Akizuki first.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,837 posts
11,180 battles
2 minutes ago, Carniolan said:

THEY ACTUALLY FOUGHT IN THE WAR!

Are you saying then that no one else did

Members
1,106 posts
5,729 battles

In the entire time I've been here I've seen them add:

-British BBs

-Geman BBs

-IJN DDs

-Pan Asian DDs

-British CLs

-French BBs

-French CL/CAs

-Russian DDs

-Russian CL/CAs

-German DDs

This is the first time they've added USN anything outside of premiums. 

• Cool 10

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,217 battles

It couldn't be because the USN was the most prolific builder and operator of all ship types in game over the period the game covers, and also one of he largest naval powers of all time for the whole course of time covered by the game. It probably also has nothing to do with the extensive action the USN was involved in during the period of the game, or that the USN was a leader in technological and tactical development over the whole course of time covered by the game etc etc.

Quick - best add in the Royal Omani Navy!

Edited by Captain_Dorja
  • Funny 2

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,897 posts
10,471 battles

Bc we've been told we'd get a t8 Cleveland since cbt, so this has been 3 years in the making now

• Cool 2

Members
4,177 posts

Seems like aside from premiums this is teh first time the US line has been touched since release.  Every other line has had something, including the Japanese lines.  Not sure what is meant here.  I mean we've gotten Russian, French, German, British, even Chinese lines since opening and a Japanese DD split.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,183 posts
11,695 battles

A lot of it is access to plans.  The USN allows easy access to their old engineering drawings.

• Cool 1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,229 battles

Cause meeeeeeeeerica**** yeah!~

JK, but they add a new line time from time, this split is us cruisers line is good (heavy vs light).

They probabily goingsplit the bb and the cv from usn and ijn someday (cause lots of ships).

Also add new lines is complex, not a lot countrys invest in navy in WWII and need be a lot projects.

Content Moderated by HeadlockMvnky

[SALVO]
Members
17,093 posts
17,761 battles
20 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

Seems like aside from premiums this is the first time the US line has been touched since release.  Every other line has had something, including the Japanese lines.  Not sure what is meant here.  I mean we've gotten Russian, French, German, British, even Chinese lines since opening and a Japanese DD split.

And a Russian DD line split as well.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,454 posts
8,107 battles
23 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

Why are we seeing more US Warships, especially of the same class ??? 

Why arent we seeing new warships from the royal navy like a destroyer line ?

Why arent we seeing More commonwealth ships???

Why dont we see a Canadian Navy line ???

ships of the Royal Canadian Navy of World War 2

Im not canadian but I think the lack of Commonwealth ships and also even a Royal navy line  of destroyers when we  have a full line of US Ships,  when a lot of these new ships even new prmiums could be constructed. 

Instead we get, version 2 of a cleveland class  et el    etc. 

Im sure all the Americans will  howl me down but you have  your ships, deal with it, we need newer navy , different naval ships and ship classes. 

How about it wargaming !!!

To the first point - because as stated above the US has not gotten a single tech tree ship since technically Alpha (not counting the changes of the ships in the line) where as all new countries, save PA, have had at least 2, and IJN got a split. USN's turn after a couple years. There's also the fact over that time, a lot about this has been talked about to get the lines split both by players and Wargaming. Pensacola was put at tier 7 purely because it had 203 MM guns, while Cleveland, because it had 152 mm guns, was nerfed in RoF and I believe other areas just to put it at tier 6 and even then it overperformed, especially in AA. Albeit I think powercreep may have finally caught up to it. Lot of other things like demand, ships, etc makes it a good way to add content while retooling the lines and bringing them up to date. 2 birds 1 stone.

To the second - the talk was last year we were to get the CV line of UK, along with the rework because a CV line has never been added to the game and at this point, something just to break the monotony of USN vs IJN and the still unaddressed issues between the two would be nice. However, neither materialized despite, as I recall, a video stating that on the board last year was 2 UK lines. Also not sure if this still holds true, but at one point they were apparently having trouble getting access to UK ship materials like blue prints and other archive stuff. Could still be a thing. 

To point 3 and 4  - "we need newer navy , different naval ships and ship classes." your words. While the USN tech tree may not be "New" it is getting completely new ships added along with the tier changes to existing ships in the shuffling. At last check the ships of the Commonwealth - would be basically be just another line of UK cruisers - anyone with more knowledge on them feel free to show me any original ships they built in the time frame. And you link that list of Canadian ships which would basically be a line of UK DD's with some USN ones mixed in and still a tier short of a full line. Which, just saying, you say that line near the end yet ask for new navies with different ships and classes yet UK DD's would be a new line but not really a new navy, and even if Commonwealth and Canada are in fact new navy's, well, most if not all the ships would be copies of existing ships/ships that will likely be added to other nations first. 

Plus there is always the chance that they do as some talked about where Commonwealth is folded back in to UK similar to the ARP/Dragon ships to share commanders.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,461 posts
11,777 battles

WOT is 7 years old and they finally got Italians.

WOWS isn't even 3 and they had 2 Italian ships.

If they put out everything everyone wanted this year, what would we have to look forward to next year?

[SALVO]
Members
17,093 posts
17,761 battles

Rather than while about the USN cruiser split which is GOING TO HAPPEN, why not wonder what line is next in the queue?  An Italian cruiser or battleship line?  French or British DDs?  (Shudder) Russian Battleships?  Something else?

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,229 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Rather than while about the USN cruiser split which is GOING TO HAPPEN, why not wonder what line is next in the queue?  An Italian cruiser or battleship line?  French or British DDs?  (Shudder) Russian Battleships?  Something else?

Oh please not another bb line now.

• Cool 1