You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Please be careful going into smoke

9 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,809 posts
10,590 battles

THREE games in a row in BRN Cruisers I was in my smoke shooting at a target when suddenly hear "don't shoot your allies".  WHAT? I then see a teammate who decided to come into the smoke IN FRONT OF ME and right into my gun fire zone. Either full bore roaring through or stopped there. I mean come on. THis is especially dangerous if a Minotaur is in there with how fast they fire.

I get the whole map awareness thing but jumpinjesus it isn't like I am looking behind me for teammates to cut across less than 1km in front of me or even stop right in front of me in my smoke. Also had a BB come flying in and push me right out into the open and almost died because of it.

I will share smoke too but I always go to the backside or an edge and make sure the smoke owner isn't in my fire zone. I actually ALMOST torped a DM Donskoi in Minotaur as it roared into the smoke and  right across in front of me just as I was going to torp. Luckily I caught it coming in and stopped.

Thought for sure I was going pink for accumulated damage but didn't. So I am done playing for the day because of it.

If a teammate pops smoke for god sake don't go into it in front of them!!!!

Rant off.:Smile_sceptic:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[WENCH]
Members
5 posts
6,184 battles

That what you said, and I have had other ca's and bb's push me out of my smoke.. don't mind sharing, if done right.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,200 posts
8,961 battles
19 minutes ago, Popguns_2018 said:

That what you said, and I have had other ca's and bb's push me out of my smoke.. don't mind sharing, if done right.

Yeah I have slipped my Mogami  into allied smoke before being very careful not to disturb my ally in any way and since we were going to share I sent my Cat Fighter up to help spot for them. Well that particular time the RN CL decided they hated idea of sharing so told me get out and intentionally started shelling me. And moved to get better firing angle on me. I was very tempted to let loose my Torpedoes they happened to have moved in  field of fire  of lol, but I am not the type of player that hams allies intentionally no matter what the reason. But there was no reason to not share that smoke after I had helped save them from incoming attack.

Thankfully any other times I share smoke it has been far less dramatic and a lot more mutually beneficial and profitable. And not even a scratch of the paint on either myself or my allies.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,036 posts
11,208 battles

"Its MY smoke now! * evil laugh *"

[LOU1]
Members
3,027 posts
8,125 battles

I have been learning to use that right mouse button even more with the current missions.  Last night there were three or four instances when (not in smoke)  another ship overtook me on the enemy side and I had to stop firing and let them pass me to avoid hitting them.  Most irritating was that I usually had the broadside of the enemy and was lined up for some good citadels in my Scharn.

• Cool 1

Members
3,775 posts
14,010 battles
3 hours ago, Popguns_2018 said:

Yesterday I had a Alabama push my Lo Yang out of my own smoke where I was immediately focused on by the Reds in a ranked battle. Fortunately, Lo's a very maneuverable bote and I survived. When are these BBoneheads going to realize that hiding in smoke doesn't work well for them? Tier 8 BBs have a detectability of over 14-15km when firing from inside smoke.

Members
9,962 posts

Pretty typical...One of the reasons I stopped playing Brit cruisers much was due to the idiocy of teammates. "Ohhh smoke!", and then either block me from shooting/launching or simply ram me out of my own smoke in an effort to protect themselves. 

[B_O_W]
Members
247 posts
5,479 battles
1 hour ago, ExploratorOne said:

I have been learning to use that right mouse button even more with the current missions.  Last night there were three or four instances when (not in smoke)  another ship overtook me on the enemy side and I had to stop firing and let them pass me to avoid hitting them.  Most irritating was that I usually had the broadside of the enemy and was lined up for some good citadels in my Scharn.

This is a common occurrence, unfortunately.  So many times, I am unable to fire weapons (guns or torps) because damage hungry idiots charge in without thinking, let alone read the chat.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,272 posts
4,224 battles

The only time I've seriously been tempted to teamkill deliberately was when someone pushed me out of the smoke in my DD, took me right in the middle with his bow - T-bone collision - and pushed me ahead of him out of the smoke like a plough for several seconds. There have been times I've been almost-dead and elected to take a spread for the team, but to be used as an involuntary meatshield like that is in my opinion even worse than a deliberate teamkill, because all the offender gets is a minor penalty for the collision damage.

Protip: the cruiser or destroyer (particularly cruiser) who goes into smoke has a limited time to do as much damage as possible to anything within range. BY THE VERY NATURE OF THE SITUATION, they are hyperfocused on their targets until proven otherwise. Unless you have them on voice chat, be very careful about how you enter their smokescreen.

And as for the battleships, yeah; the new smoke meta means it's almost pointless to lay smoke for them now if they are actively firing. On fire and retreating? That's another matter.